Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Honoury Membership Withdrawn ........

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Malky Mackay: A Statement
Posted by admin in Trust News
The Trust board has today issued the following statement​ ​

When the initial allegations of racist, sexist and homophobic emails were first revealed, the Trust board said that it would wait for the results of a Football Association inquiry, fully expecting that to be concluded within weeks. It has not.

We have recently been in contact with anti-racist campaigners and our members have again lobbied us to take action over the honorary Trust membership, originally awarded to Malky Mackay for his achievements as manager of Cardiff City.

The Trust is committed to working to bring together communities of all races and its partnership work with Show Racism the Red Card. The Trust, which has been commended for that work, abhors racism, sexism and homophobic behaviour in all its forms.

With still no timetable for the FA to report, we have decided to withdraw Malky Mackay’s honorary membership of the Trust with immediate effect.

The board is disappointed that the FA has yet to report but feels that it can wait no longer for the FA to come to its conclusion.

As members will know Malky Mackay, who has admitted using inappropriate and offensive language, is now a manager of a rival Championship club ​ and​no longer has any connection with Cardiff City.

Re: Malky Honoury Membership Withdrawn ........

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:53 pm

It was only ever a dig at the club anyway

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Don't know why the timing is now though ?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Doesn't really mean anything.

Malky is probably totally unaware of this.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Karl wrote:Doesn't really mean anything.

Malky is probably totally unaware of this.

Most (infact over 90% of) Cardiff fans aren't interested in the Trust so why should Malky be?
The Trust say they would wait for the FA to decide, but have now gone against that principle. Pressure groups eh?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:It was only ever a dig at the club anyway

Exactly, why now? It's a joke.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Exactly, why now? It's a joke.

Luke,Thats because the Trust are a Joke.

Like youve said why now? not before?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Why is this even news now? Does anyone still consider the Trust the voice of the Fans that it's meant to be? How many members does it currently have? Sadly it was a dream, dreamt up by the fans, to be run into the ground by people who love the power and limelight of the South Wales Echo.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:35 pm

And the Toothless Trust announce it like its like having a knighthood cancelled.. A bunch of deluded useless farts.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:36 pm

And the Toothless Trust announce it like its like having a knighthood cancelled.. A bunch of deluded useless farts.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:09 am

Malky Mackay stripped of his honorary membership of Cardiff City Supporters' Trust over ongoing text messages scandal
Scot is still being investigated by FA over his conduct in South Wales
Mackay helped Bluebirds end their 52-year exile in English top flight
Former Cardiff boss handed lifeline by Wigan Athletic earlier this month
By THOMAS JACOBS
PUBLISHED: 20:16, 25 November 2014 | UPDATED: 20:16, 25 November 2014

Malky Mackay's honorary membership of the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust has been withdrawn over his text messages scandal.
The new Wigan Athletic boss is still being investigated by the Football Association over his conduct during his time in South Wales after it was alleged he sent racist, sexist and homophobic messages.
Mackay was given honorary membership of the trust after ending the Bluebirds' 52-year exile from the English top flight.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3K82NsyRN

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:48 am

Yet another embarrassing "Faux Pas" by theTrust! :oops:

Almost as embarrassing as the day they gave Malky the 'Honorary' position in the first place, as both were using the position for their own ends! :oops:

And they (The Trust) claim to represent "the fans"?? :?

Hmmm, I don't think so... :oops: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:47 am

Sven wrote:Yet another embarrassing "Faux Pas" by theTrust! :oops:

Almost as embarrassing as the day they gave Malky the 'Honorary' position in the first place, as both were using the position for their own ends! :oops:

Don't think Malky "used the position for his own ends" as he was not likely to have asked for it and was certainly not going to refuse it.
Shocked to hear there are only 600 members. Thought it was a lot more.
The Trust is a great idea but often seems distracted by other issues and not the football clubs future and best interests.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:05 am

NIBluebird wrote:2014

When the initial allegations of racist, sexist and homophobic emails were first revealed, the Trust board said that it would wait for the results of a Football Association inquiry, fully expecting that to be concluded within weeks. It has not.

We have recently been in contact with anti-racist campaigners and our members have again lobbied us to take action over the honorary Trust membership, originally awarded to Malky Mackay for his achievements as manager of Cardiff City.

The Trust is committed to working to bring together communities of all races and its partnership work with Show Racism the Red Card. The Trust, which has been commended for that work, abhors racism, sexism and homophobic behaviour in all its forms.

With still no timetable for the FA to report, we have decided to withdraw Malky Mackay’s honorary membership of the Trust with immediate effect.

The board is disappointed that the FA has yet to report but feels that it can wait no longer for the FA to come to its conclusion.

As members will know Malky Mackay, who has admitted using inappropriate and offensive language, is now a manager of a rival Championship club ​ and​no longer has any connection with Cardiff City.

Did the members have a vote on this.I think we should have been consulted.It would appear that the trust is now supporting Tan in his crusade.No more money from me.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:51 am

MM Wont even know he was a member, so I don't think this will be an earth shattering news to him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:11 pm

abergblue wrote:
Sven wrote:Yet another embarrassing "Faux Pas" by theTrust! :oops:

Don't think Malky "used the position for his own ends" as he was not likely to have asked for it and was certainly not going to refuse it.
Shocked to hear there are only 600 members. Thought it was a lot more.
The Trust is a great idea but often seems distracted by other issues and not the football clubs future and best interests.

No offence, but of course he did! He will have seen that as a perfect 'slap in the face' for the man (Tan) who had forced him out and it was all part of his well-orchestrated 'charm offensive' at that time!

I agree with you that The Trust SHOULD be a great idea, but IMHO that is not the reality and their 'Committee' (if that's the right word) are largely seen as a bunch of out of touch self-indulgent, self-seekers. And the recent addition of certain people 'co-opted without vote' only strengthened that view!

I think the problem with ANY similar group (and the initially well-perceived BU are proof to his) is that football clubs have such a diversity of people within their ranks that it is almost impossible (a) to keep them all happy, and (b) to prevent the sinister element from chasing their own agendas which are often far removed from the group's original conceptions! :roll:

A group (as you state) with the genuine "best interests" of the club at heart would be superb, but it would take a very special group of individuals to actually make that work! :thumbup:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:MM Wont even know he was a member, so I don't think this will be an earth shattering news to him :lol: :lol: :lol:

He certainly did know...and he went public with his "pride" at being honoured by the so-called City Faithful (i.e. The Trust) and many applauded that move whether they were members or not! ;)

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Pant_yr_awel bluebird wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:2014

Did the members have a vote on this.I think we should have been consulted.It would appear that the trust is now supporting Tan in his crusade.No more money from me.

I don't like The Trust, but "supporting Tan in his crusade" is simply not the truth, is it Pant_yr_awel bluebird???? :?

Try to stick to the facts rather than invent things that suit your personal and mis-informed agendas! :oops:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 pm

What a load of bollocks. I bet Malky is now well upset :lol:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What a load of bollocks. I bet Malky is now well upset :lol:

:lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 pm

The trust have really embarrassed themselves here, they basically had to be informed to get rid of him rather than do it on their own accord, shambles.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:59 pm

[quote="DandoCCFC"]The trust have really embarrassed themselves here, they basically had to be informed to get rid of him rather than do it on their own accord, shambles.[/quote

Our whole club is run like Gerry Cottle,s circus :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:The trust have really embarrassed themselves here, they basically had to be informed to get rid of him rather than do it on their own accord, shambles.

Our whole club is run like Gerry Cottle,s circus :lol: :lol: :lol:

Starting to really lose the energy to just even take an interest with some things going on lately.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:36 pm

It certainly wasn`t. I was there when it was voted on to give it.To suggest it was a "dig"is just mischief making on the part of some people who were not there and so have no knowledge of what happened so they just make it up to suit their particular aganda.

Having a "dig at the club" wasn`t ever mentioned or considered. It was awarded purely on the basis of saying thank you to a manager who had got the club promoted to the top division for the first time in over 50 years.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Well I bet he is all broken up about that.