Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' JUAN CALA THE TRUTH '

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 am

The main problem is that we have at least 4 centre halves who are better than him.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:Sote="Dve"]
pembroke allan wrote:
Dve wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Dve wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:It should be the managers decision whether a player is good enough not Tans decision.

Not sticking up for Tan here because I hate what he has done to our club and can never forgive him but I think there are situations where the owner has every right to tell a manager that he can't play a certain player or players. For instance if by playing someone it triggers a huge payment to another club as part of a transfer deal. This has happened at plenty of clubs before. I know this doesn't apply with Cala. Also if a player or players are deemed surplus to requirements as part of a cost cutting exercise and they are amongst the highest earners then the owner does have the right to tell the manager if he has lined them up for transfer in the next window. In Slades case I'm sure he would see this in a positive light in as much as it presents him with the opportunity to raise some cash in order to bring in some of his own signings. All this is a completely separate issue to Tan picking the team, which personally I think is not the case. :thumbup:

If you want to sell a player, I don´t think making him train with the academy is the way go about it. Tan just don´t like him, I reckon.

What about all the high profile players ordered to play with youth team? Everytime city do something its as if we are the only club in the world that as done it? :laughing5: people are so blinded on here would blame club cat for everything if they had one! :thumbup:

The questions is WHY Cala is being told to train with the academy. You agree it has to be some sort of punishment?

Without having any numbers to offer, I think this typically happens when there is a conflict between a manager and a player, but this does not seem to be the case here. If Cala´s only wrongdoing is expressing his disappointment by seeing a manger leaving, then I think Tan should be big enough of a man to overlook such a thing -if the player otherwise shows commitment to the club. The imagine I´ve gotten of Tan, is of a very vindictive and egocentric person unable to forgive anything at all.

Point is players get this punishment or whatever you call it for a reason? its Always the case it's not because the owner says so? Or do you think cala is innocent of doing nothing? This is the actions of a player who wants a move been done millions of times! But guess that's not possibly the reason? It as to be tan no other reason can be true! :laughing5:

I don´t know the truth. But this could very well be it (quoting Cala): Slade tells me he does not have guilt, they are orders from Vicem so". But of course, Cala could be lying, which you - for one reason or another - seem to be convinced of.

pembroke allan wrote:Why do you believe cala then? Justy because he says so!! Like I said its because he wants out :o been stated long time ago cala is trouble, bet you dont believe that either? trouble with most on here is they entirely believe anything said that is against club even if its garbage!! :thumbright:

I didn´t claim it to be the truth, I said it could very well be. But it´s a bit hard to believe that he would go out on social media quoting his manager and make a lie. I sort of doubt he can be THAT stupid. And I´m sorry mate, but I can´t find your opinion here to be very solid grounded as you have no facts, or arguments even, to convince me otherwise.

Has it been stated long ago that Cala is trouble? By who? Didn´t catch any conflict between him and Ole.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Dve wrote:
pe. mbroke allan wrote:SoCarla spouting on twitterDve"]
pembroke allan wrote:
Dve wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Dve wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:It should be the managers decision whether a player is good enough not Tans decision.

Not sticking up for Tan here because I hate what he has done to our club and can never forgive him but I think there are situations where the owner has every right to tell a manager that he can't play a certain player or players. For instance if by playing someone it triggers a huge payment to another club as part of a transfer deal. This has happened at plenty of clubs before. I know this doesn't apply with Cala. Also if a player or players are deemed surplus to requirements as part of a cost cutting exercise and they are amongst the highest earners then the owner does have the right to tell the manager if he has lined them up for transfer in the next window. In Slades case I'm sure he would see this in a positive light in as much as it presents him with the opportunity to raise some cash in order to bring in some of his own signings. All this is a completely separate issue to Tan picking the team, which personally I think is not the case. :thumbup:

If you want to sell a player, I don´t think making him train with the academy is the way go about it. Tan just don´t like him, I reckon.

What about all the high profile players ordered to play with youth team? Everytime city do something its as if we are the only club in the world that as done it? :laughing5: people are so blinded on here would blame club cat for everything if they had one! :thumbup:

The questions is WHY Cala is being told to train with the academy. You agree it has to be some sort of punishment?

Without having any numbers to offer, I think this typically happens when there is a conflict between a manager and a player, but this does not seem to be the case here. If Cala´s only wrongdoing is expressing his disappointment by seeing a manger leaving, then I think Tan should be big enough of a man to overlook such a thing -if the player otherwise shows commitment to the club. The imagine I´ve gotten of Tan, is of a very vindictive and egocentric person unable to forgive anything at all.

Point is players get this punishment or whatever you call it for a reason? its Always the case it's not because the owner says so? Or do you think cala is innocent of doing nothing? This is the actions of a player who wants a move been done millions of times! But guess that's not possibly the reason? It as to be tan no other reason can be true! :laughing5:

I don´t know the truth. But this could very well be it (quoting Cala): Slade tells me he does not have guilt, they are orders from Vicem so". But of course, Cala could be lying, which you - for one reason or another - seem to be convinced of.

pembroke allan wrote:Why do you believe cala then? Justy because he says so!! Like I said its because he wants out :o been stated long time ago cala is trouble, bet you dont believe that either? trouble with most on here is they entirely believe anything said that is against club even if its garbage!! :thumbright:

I didn´t claim it to be the truth, I said it could very well be. But it´s a bit hard to believe that he would go out on social media quoting his manager and make a lie. I sort of doubt he can be THAT stupid. And I´m sorry mate, but I can´t find your opinion here to be very solid grounded as you have no facts, or arguments even, to convince me otherwise.

Has it been stated long ago that Cala is trouble? By who? Didn´t catch any conflict between him and Ole.

Touch'e you don't have facts other than cala spouting off on twittter to convince me other wise!! Yes someone stated that cala was a bad influence fact or not its same as your rational!

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:50 pm

bluebird58 wrote:The main problem is that we have at least 4 centre halves who are better than him.

Are you real? That's completely not what this post is about!

Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Cala should be picked solely on the basis he hates Tan. :old: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Cala should be picked solely on the basis he hates Tan. :old: :bluescarf:

:lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:19 pm

None of you know the story though.

Ole,Dalman and of course mr Tan oversaw the massive increase in the squad, now Tan wants to reduce it as its daft.

He has bought in a manager who believes he can work with a squad of 20 mainly british players. Cala probably still has some value in Spain and is probably holding out for a bigger payoff from us and stalling on a transfer, so we have chucked him to rot with the kids,.........

This has happened since professional football started.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:05 pm

llan bluebird wrote:None of you know the story though.

Ole,Dalman and of course mr Tan oversaw the massive increase in the squad, now Tan wants to reduce it as its daft.

He has bought in a manager who believes he can work with a squad of 20 mainly british players. Cala probably still has some value in Spain and is probably holding out for a bigger payoff from us and stalling on a transfer, so we have chucked him to rot with the kids,.........

Not at all a bad suggestion.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Really don't know how to word it about Tan or the club in this case with this but on note Cala no matter how frustrated he's been about the treatment here shouldn't put this all out on Twitter, some things you just got to keep behind closed doors.

This does show the character he is and like someone said previously about his influence, I do start to question with that outburst that he must be a difficult player to get along with or speak to. Then again weren't it said on here he struggled to fit in? This just makes Cala bad as well as Tan in honesty.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:50 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Really don't know how to word it about Tan or the club in this case with this but on note Cala no matter how frustrated he's been about the treatment here shouldn't put this all out on Twitter, some things you just got to keep behind closed doors.

This does show the character he is and like someone said previously about his influence, I do start to question with that outburst that he must be a difficult player to get along with or speak to. Then again weren't it said on here he struggled to fit in? This just makes Cala bad as well as Tan in honesty.

Why wouldn't this apply to Slade? He talk about players at every press conference. Daehlis attitude, Guerras lack of goals in training, if anyone is to brake into the team they must get their head down etc.. He is basically telling the whole world players who doesn't get a look in dosent do their job. Every f*cking press conference.. In the meantime he is fielding players game after game producing nothing. Good on Cala for speaking out! Let there be more!

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 pm

Dve wrote:

Stated similar recently people on here think we are only club in world who have these problems! Every thing that 's gone on recently has been experienced by many clubs worldwide! So what makes us any different? The fans maybe! :o

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:08 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Dve wrote:

Stated similar recently people on here think we are only club in world who have these problems! Every thing that 's gone on recently has been experienced by many clubs worldwide! So what makes us any different? The fans maybe! :o
f

Or the fan´s relationship to its owner.. ;)

However, I´m reading in another thread that Cala had the possibility to leave already this summer, but he chose to stay with the prospect of getting us promoted. I still don´t get why he is told (apparently by Tan) to join the academy. If he was trouble in the wardrobe, you would think Slade would be the one to send him away. I guess we´ll just have to wait for the full story to come out, but If I remember correctly, Carl (aka Staff) reported that Cala would probable never play for us again even before Slade was hired?

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:16 am

But you say Cala is stalling on a transfer. How does that work? You mean he's stalling & doesn't want to leave in January?
According to reports he was asked NOT to leave in the summer!

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:16 am

" CLUB TOLD ME NOT LEAVE IN THE SUMMER "

Exiled Cardiff City star Juan Cala negotiating Bluebirds exit amid claims club told him not to leave in summer
By Chris Wathan

In an interview with Spanish media, Cala claims he was convinced to turn down a move back home in the summer but is now in talks over his exit

Juan Cala wants his Cardiff City nightmare to endWill Juan Cala's Cardiff City nightmare end in January?
Cardiff City outcast Juan Cala is ready to quit the club after revealing he was told to turn down an offer to leave in August.

Centre-back Cala hit out on Twitter this week, accusing the Bluebirds of a lack of respect after revealing he has been forced to train with youngsters in the Academy.

He added on social media he wanted the “situation to be sorted” to play again at Cardiff City Stadium or at another club as quickly as possible.

And in an interview given in his Spanish homeland, the 25-year-old has conceded he hopes for the chance of a move away having been persuaded to snub a summer exit to help with the club’s promotion bid.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signing Cala has figured just once in the Championship, with new Bluebirds boss Russell Slade placing Sean Morrison, Ben Turner and Bruno Manga above the former Sevilla man in his defensive pecking order.

He has not worn the Bluebirds shirt since the disastrous 3-0 Capital One Cup defeat against Bournemouth on September 23.

Bournemouth's Junior Stanislas runs at Juan CalaBournemouth's Junior Stanislas runs at Juan Cala
And it is reported in the interview – given before his Twitter outburst – he is already negotiating the end of his Cardiff contract less than a year after arriving in South Wales, claiming players brought in by Solskjaer are not part of the future plans.

Cala said: “I’ve had a good experience in Cardiff. I’ve joined a new league and we started pretty well but the team’s situation was complicated and we failed to overcome it.

“In August I had the opportunity to go to Primera (La Liga) teams. I had offers to leave but Cardiff told me to stay to try to get the team back to the Premier. I stayed with the condition the club would fight to climb back.

“But after a month and a half the coach left and another comes in and the players who were signed by Solskjaer did not fall into his plans, such as Javi Guerra and I.

“These things happen in football and we are to honour the contracts, for good and bad. We are now trying to resolve this in the best way possible. As long as I have the contract, I have to go every day to train. And I’ll be there.”

Cala has received strong backing from a number of Cardiff fans after revealing his current predicament.

The Spaniard took to Twitter on Tuesday afternoon, posting a picture of the club’s Academy premises in Treforest with the caption: “I’m back to the academy? hahahaha incredible, respect please.”

He then retweeted a string of supportive comments from Bluebirds fans to which he responded: “I always respect to (sic) Cardiff City and their fans.”

“There’s not been enough thought gone into the squad here,” said Slade in his pre-match Press conference.

Manager Slade is set to respond to Cala’s outburst on Friday morning but he has already expressed his frustration at the size of the Cardiff squad and admitted he is set to move on a number of players in January.

“When you build any football team you are looking at building partnerships. There are not enough partnerships and not enough thought put into the players who have been brought to this club. Absolutely not,” Slade said.

“There’s huge potential here, but there are problems. There have been issues we have needed to solve and things we are working on.

“I see it like an iceberg in that you see the tip of the iceberg where we are making a little bit of progress even on the pitch, but there’s a lot of work beneath the water that is going on that people don’t see.”

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Dve wrote:
moonboots wrote:

I agree with that comment but we don't really know all the facts behind the decision. Perhaps Cala is a bad egg and they don't want him near the first team. We are not the only club to take this sort of action. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:38 pm

moonboots wrote:
Dve wrote:
moonboots wrote:

I agree with that comment but we don't really know all the facts behind the decision. Perhaps Cala is a bad egg and they don't want him near the first team. We are not the only club to take this sort of action. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

True. But it's getting a bit tiresome blaming the individual players. Cala is a bad egg, guerra doesn't have the right attitude, matts doesn't work hard enough etc. do these players have a history of this kind of behaviour? As was showed with matts he was known to be extremely hard working in previous clubs, Marshall says he is the most hardworking then slade says he has to work harder or whatever. There are a lot of things that don't make sense. But there are two sides to every story I guess.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Cala prove yourself or feck off and stop moaning, looks like you've left it too late anyway, three differnt Management teams don't rate you enough to play, says it all.....

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:31 am

when Cala played against Bournemouth in the cup his attitude stunk, and whats more he was utter and complete crap, thats why he is on his way. Pure & Simple!!!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:59 am

Whistler wrote:when Cala played against Bournemouth in the cup his attitude stunk, and whats more he was utter and complete crap, thats why he is on his way. Pure & Simple!!!

That´s just one match. I doubt his whole future in the club is based solely on that. In other matches, he was been decent/good.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:41 am

The truth is what you want to believe!! :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:52 am

Today Russell Slade

Q: If there was an injury crisis would you play Cala?

RS: I can’t see where we have an injury crisis. Turner and Morrison have been playing and Manga trying to get back. That is one of our stronger areas in the team.

Q: He has said he feels Vincent Tan is behind this and not the manager,

RS: I am sure Vincent Tan has a view, but it was a management decision.

Q: Is Juan Cala disruptive?

RS: That’s not for me to comment on. Whether we ask for a fee will be an executive decision. I have made my feelings clear.

Q:Will he move on in January?

RS: That’s for Juan and his people to work on, probably in Spain.

That is what they are looking at. I believe in the summer there was some interest in him at that stage, but the football club turned that down. I have made it clear he can go as long as everything is right financially.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:47 pm

And this is what he is actually saying:

Today Russell Slade

Q: If there was an injury crisis would you play Cala?

RS: No way.

Q: He has said he feels Vincent Tan is behind this and not the manager,

RS: I am sure Vincent Tan has a view, and I know very well that that is.

Q: Is Juan Cala disruptive?

RS: Yes.

Q:Will he move on in January?

RS: Yes, but I doubt any other British clubs would want him (and if they do, Tan will send them a a copy of his text messages).