City Now Struggling to Sell tickets & many not even bothered

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: City Now Struggling to Sell tickets & many not even both

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Many good friends of mine have stopped going,many from the 70's/80's & 90's and I can totally understand why,rebrand/divided club/Tans Circus etc etc,but at this moment in time I am fed up, I admit.

But I just cant stop going,like Ive said before City are like a drug and weve had many many worse times than this on the pitch,this does not touch the bad times by 5%.

The Only time I dont go now,if its to do with my children,they are my first priority and happiness :thumbright: :thumbright:

Watford here We come :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby alfie sherwood » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Tan can keep this up for the rest of his life. Only way he will go will be if we go up and he can sell us. Better off getting behind the team.

You were peddling this same line on CCMB the other evening. Of course promotion isn't the "only" way he will go. In fact, if his rebranded club were to gain promotion and stay in the PL there is every chance he'll stick around in the long term and make the changes to the club permanent. We already know there is a very large captive audience for PL football in South Wales. A captive audience that couldn't give two hoots what colour or badge the club wear.

It'll be potentially messy but imo, we're more likely to see him exit if his franchise fails on the pitch.
alfie sherwood

Postby TERRYB » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:05 pm

langley wrote:Away sold out for Bournemouth, nearly 1, ooo for Watford, not too bad. I think most fans now prefer to make their own way to games-plus negativity and doom and gloom puts people down.

Bournemouth away was always gonna sell out; A trip to the South Coast with many of our fans making it a weekender is more attractive than a day trip to Watford. As for the decline in home attendances and the terrible atmosphere, it's the result of so many things, the rebrand, all the off field antics and now the poor performances have driven many over the edge. Sad really.

One thing that must happen to stop this decline is a return to Blue and Badge in time for next season. Otherwise, I think a half empty stadium is on the cards. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
TERRYB

Postby langley » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:19 pm

TERRYB wrote:
langley wrote:Away sold out for Bournemouth, nearly 1, ooo for Watford, not too bad. I think most fans now prefer to make their own way to games-plus negativity and doom and gloom puts people down.

Bournemouth away was always gonna sell out; A trip to the South Coast with many of our fans making it a weekender is more attractive than a day trip to Watford. As for the decline in home attendances and the terrible atmosphere, it's the result of so many things, the rebrand, all the off field antics and now the poor performances have driven many over the edge. Sad really.

One thing that must happen to stop this decline is a return to Blue and Badge in time for next season. Otherwise, I think a half empty stadium is on the cards. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

If we return to blue our fans will be left with no songs :-), home crowds were always going to go down after relegation, hopefully if we can get in top 6 by end of this tear things will improve.
langley

Postby TERRYB » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:35 pm

langley wrote:
TERRYB wrote:

If we return to blue our fans will be left with no songs :-), home crowds were always going to go down after relegation, hopefully if we can get in top 6 by end of this tear things will improve.

Return to Blue and Badge from the start of next season = a return from many of the current stayaways and a decent atmosphere.
Continue with red and beermat = more disillusioned fans and more stayaways and no atmosphere whatsoever.
Which would you choose?
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
TERRYB

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:26 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Tan can keep this up for the rest of his life. Only way he will go will be if we go up and he can sell us. Better off getting behind the team.

You were peddling this same line on CCMB the other evening. Of course promotion isn't the "only" way he will go. In fact, if his rebranded club were to gain promotion and stay in the PL there is every chance he'll stick around in the long term and make the changes to the club permanent. We already know there is a very large captive audience for PL football in South Wales. A captive audience that couldn't give two hoots what colour or badge the club wear.

It'll be potentially messy but imo, we're more likely to see him exit if his franchise fails on the pitch.

My approach is logical and simple.
To sell something you need a buyer. Far, far more chance of getting a buyer in the Premier league.

Wheras you think as long as we stamp our feet and sulk he'll give the club away for f-all.

You are in dreamland.

In fact worse. Given your comments about our fans' I think you'd actually enjoy the misery that the rest of us would have to go through if the club was to go down or go bust.

Especially given by your own admission you 'don't care anymore' - although given the fact you pounce on any thread on either board on any subject related at all to Tan and the clubs future it appears that's bollox too.
Lawnmower

Postby tangledupinblue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:Aint posted on here in ages, sums up where my priorities lie with CCFC in my life. Its fallen in importance for me, since the rebrand, and only the rebrand is responsible for that.

If all this unnecessary, relentless Vincent Tan pantomime nonsense was happening with the club wearing blue, and the badge restored, then my passion would be unaffected, if anything it would be enhanced with a backs to the wall fighting attitude. But Vincent Tans selfish, inconsiderate, ignorant tyranny makes me cringe every time I set foot in our stadium, I have struggled screaming out support for our team in red, but I still do it, hoarse every game, even though this red team is still unrecognisable to me. If making a statement to Tan is by not putting bums on seats then I support that, or a mass walk out on 19:27 or whatever. I have supported this club through some of the terrible times in the eighties and nineties and loved it to death, identity very much intact, and in some cases far worse times than now.

Actually I can't really afford a season ticket, the match day expense in the pubs (!)the odd away trip, plus Wales games every year with a family to support, but I still do it. However, I will for the first time in many many years next year consider not renewing my ticket and that upsets me so much that thought is even in my mindset. So many of my mates have stopped going. Vincent Tan has a lot to answer for, but of course he doesn't do dialogue with the fans.

All would be forgiven if identity would be restored, Pulis should have been appointed, with a promise to return to blue next season and unite the football club. surely that set up would be more attractive to a prospected buyer if he does want a way out.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

funny how its this season and not last season aint it, a lot of people like you around i think :old:

yes there are a lot of us around who are fighting personal emotional battles with the rebrand and have long considered staying away, but just can't seem to do it. Your right. Your wrong if you think its not cos we are not in the Prem anymore, in some ways I hated last season more than this.
tangledupinblue

Previous

Return to General Chat