Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: City Now Struggling to Sell tickets & many not even both

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Bluebina wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:We're a mid-table Championship side. Our crowds reflect that. As for away, were quite a long way from everywhere. There are not many short trips, although Bristol City should be good next season.

Having said that, a farcical season in the PL, and relegation, have not helped. The 're-brand' has taken its toll, too. I wonder how many of the 'boycotters' will ever return? I know two blokes, from North Cardiff who went for years, home and away. Both say they will not go again, no matter what. Sometimes think that they were losing interest anyway, and are using the 're-brand' as an excuse.

Football has changed, and the fans have changed. People always drifted in and out of going down the City. Perhaps some of the old guard are ready to call it a day, but there will always be new fans.

Personally, I still enjoy going to the games, and supporting Cardiff City.

Nothing new under the sun!

I agree it's an accumulation effect, new ground, more boring, family atmosphere instead of edgy, rebrand, over paid prima donas, changes in Management, relegation, and a boring prawn sandwich atmosphere......

They need to keep the price freeze or they will see the biggest drop in season tickets for years, there are not a lot of people happy to pay more to watch City at the moment......

A clip from Sunday's big game in Argentina, just goes to show how far we are away from making a great atmosphere.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Cardiff City Bluebirds Thick & Thin

Its about time people took there heads of your arses and not turn up to the games if some how promotion would arrive the chance may not be there again & Cardiff City will be gone for years to come

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Good !

Havent bought a tickets since 2011

Why would I go and watch a team that isnt the team I support !

I don't want to watch a team in red with a horrid badge and have the cheek to put a bluebird in the middle.

Ill settle for internet streaming that is free and do not put money in the pocket of the red dragons fire & passion bullshit !

Restore pride nd history and you will get money and respect untill then tan

Eat shit !!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:40 pm

City Now Struggling to Sell tickets & many not even bothered....................Excellent news then its about time people stopped moaning about the rebrand and done something about it, thats the thing people winge 24/7 yet still turn up SHOWING THERE SUPPORT FOR THE RED untill you have walked away you realise it wasnt worth the dirty liers money to start with otherwise suck it up and take whatever he does to the club up the arse anyone who says any different is living in a cloud as nothing will change otherwise :thumbup: SIMPLES.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Simple change us back to blue and the crowds will increase , simple as !

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Tan can keep this up for the rest of his life. Only way he will go will be if we go up and he can sell us. Better off getting behind the team.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:16 pm

Not sure I believe that a return to wearing blue shirts or a badge with a bigger bluebird will see the fans come flocking in.
People cannot be bothered to turn up as the standard of football on the pitch is often poor this season.
We had good crowds and atmosphere two years ago when we were promoted. We had virtually sell-out crowds in the Premiership with an unbelievable atmosphere early season. The re-brand was in place in the last two seasons.
Now we are back in the Championship playing poorly on occasions, the lack of support is all blamed on the re-brand.
Come on boys, play a different tune.
:old:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City Now Struggling to Sell tickets for games & many fans not even bothered

Its bad enough seeing thousands of fans not bothering to turn up at our home games this season even though they have already paid. Apparently at some home games up to 4,000 City fans are not bothering. :shock:
Weve already lost thousands due to the Rebrand,then relegation, now fans who have paid are not turning up in larger numbers than ever before. :shock: :shock:

Also our Away Support has been dwindling rapidly and now even Watford away tickets are struggling to sell.

For the first time in about 10 years, so far this season every away game other than Brum away has been pay on the day for our fans.

The Club needs to act and realise something needs to be done?

There is major concern as our media from the papers to the radio are talking about it and the facts are there,thousands upon thousands of empty seats every home game.

City even offered cheap seats for Ipswich and Forest home,but still no increase in attendances?

We have a major problem and it needs addressing by those who run our club.

Tan and his horrendous red. That does it for me, didn't miss a game for years but couldn't be bothered with a few in the Prem and I will pick and choose this season - more for a few beers for me now that watching Tans evil red circus.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:21 pm

alexccfc wrote:Simple change us back to blue and the crowds will increase , simple as !

100% correct and I fully agree :bluescarf:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Gaffer wrote:I'm a season ticket holder this year and will attend every home match as I've paid for them, but I'm not enjoying them at all the stadium is dead and the crack has seemed to have gone.

Same as away games I've only done two this season and one of them was a weekend piss up in Blackpool and I'm in no rush to splash out on the next one either.

Price freeze is ending this year and I hope they see sense and lower season ticket prices surely selling cheap but a lot more is better than having 20000 empty seats next year because that's what it will be.

And if the club think they are going to get walk up grounds on £25+ tickets they having a laugh what's wrong with doing a fiver a game for season ticket holders to give away to two friends or family better then having empty seats.

Good point and exactly same for me will go to home games as paid and son has season ticket which he enjoys but he's 12 and haven't been there in 90s with Paul ramsey division winning captain team :D now that had a buzz. He enjoyed champ winning season but even hes noticed change in last few years even when we went to brum this year not as good. I really want him to experience how it was. :sad7:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 pm

alexccfc wrote:Simple change us back to blue and the crowds will increase , simple as !

Short term they will, but then as soon as he novelty wears off the decline will continue. Fundamentally we have a fickle fan base that are always looking for excuses not to go. For every fan I know who goes I know at least 6 or 7 who used to and it's been the same for years, well before Tan.

We have built up to good crowds in recent years as we've had good seasons, competing at the top of the championship and/or good cup runs. Now we are back to a mid table side, many fans are less interested but now have perfect excuses to give up - Tan, rebrand, atmosphere etc. Luckily there will always be a hardcore, otherwise the club will cease to exist (cue the "it already has for me" moaners.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:02 pm

RageJon wrote:Good !

Havent bought a tickets since 2011

Why would I go and watch a team that isnt the team I support !

I don't want to watch a team in red with a horrid badge and have the cheek to put a bluebird in the middle.

Ill settle for internet streaming that is free and do not put money in the pocket of the red dragons fire & passion bullshit !

Restore pride nd history and you will get money and respect untill then tan

Eat shit !!!!!!!!

so you watch us on the internet. why?

to quote yourself, Why would you watch a team that isnt the team you support?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

Short term they will, but then as soon as he novelty wears off the decline will continue. Fundamentally we have a fickle fan base that are always looking for excuses not to go. For every fan I know who goes I know at least 6 or 7 who used to and it's been the same for years, well before Tan.

We have built up to good crowds in recent years as we've had good seasons, competing at the top of the championship and/or good cup runs. Now we are back to a mid table side, many fans are less interested but now have perfect excuses to give up - Tan, rebrand, atmosphere etc. Luckily there will always be a hardcore, otherwise the club will cease to exist (cue the "it already has for me" moaners.

What's better than a few pints and the football? ? Another problem I believe with reduced crowd is a lot of football on tv. People rather stay in and watch prem game. Also alot of people who come to watch for first time expect championship to have same pace and passing etc as champions league coz thats what they used to on tv

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Play some good football, get to the top of the league and plenty will comeback. They were there a couple of years back when we played in red and had the same crazy owner. It was obvious when the bubble burst on the pitch we would lose all those who only want to watch a winning team. The club has a loyal fanbase of maybe six or seven thousand who will turn up whatever division we play in, and then the thousands who appear when we are top of the championship, or playing in the Premier League.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Maybe the fact that we use a shit ground compared to ninian and the stewards are wankers isnt helping

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Thing is habits are broken I don't even feel like going anymore, haven't been since the rebrand and even going back to blue might not make any difference now. I'm full up with other stuff I do and quite happy. After all those years of wanting to get to the premier league, what a shambles it was, can't see how it would be much different again? It's just all wrong...

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:32 pm

For me since the end of Ole's reign the club has shown a distinct lack of ambition.
Employing Slade and paying him a salary only a little higher than the one he was on at Orient and then making Scott Young his assistant shows we are on a cost cutting exercise, that's good a lot of us may think and not a moment too soon, but following two managers who were big personalities in their own way Slade to be honest is a bit of an anti climax and Scott Young even more so.
The rigid 4-4-2 and keeping our flair players on the bench or even out of the match day squad altogether is not good for entertainment value, yes he's got a 100% home record but the crowds are dwindling and the atmosphere is almost non existent. Personally speaking I like to see some skill and flair from my team when I go to watch them and some ambition from the manager in team selection and substitutions, I don't think any of that has been on offer of late.
It's boring and predictable stuff that's being served up and despite the wins it's not gonna get the bums on seats the club wants to see.
Tbh my attendance at games is becoming less frequent and it's not the rebrand with me or the fact we got relegated but rather the boring football being served up and the perceived lack of ambition from both owner and manager.
We're on the slide with the present set up and I see a club that's more likely to go on a downward spiral rather than an upward one.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:55 am

like a previous poster i have been there since the early to mid seventies and class myself has a die hard fan who has seen the REALLY BAD TIMES. The Durban years the Jim Cadman consortium numerous relegations being knocked out of the Cup by many non league teams.

So i don't consider these to be bad times you get on with supporting YOUR Club no matter what through thick and thin and never mind WHO is in charge because I have seen many Chairman come and go and this latest joker will be gone one day :thumbup:

Personally I hate the re brand hate us playing in red but love the Club too much to walk away, i think the reason for our drop in attendances are many and relegation and many fair weather supporters along with the cost of football these days are certainly to blame along with the re brand and the way our Club is currently being run.

With regards to the atmosphere I think the over zealous stewarding has a lot to do with that and the Club needs to look at making Blocks 115 and 115 a standing/singing area :old: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:57 am

like a previous poster i have been there since the early to mid seventies and class myself has a die hard fan who has seen the REALLY BAD TIMES. The Durban years the Jim Cadman consortium numerous relegations being knocked out of the Cup by many non league teams.

So i don't consider these to be bad times you get on with supporting YOUR Club no matter what through thick and thin and never mind WHO is in charge because I have seen many Chairman come and go and this latest joker will be gone one day :thumbup:

Personally I hate the re brand hate us playing in red but love the Club too much to walk away, i think the reason for our drop in attendances are many and relegation and many fair weather supporters along with the cost of football these days are certainly to blame along with the re brand and the way our Club is currently being run.

With regards to the atmosphere I think the over zealous stewarding has a lot to do with that and the Club needs to look at making Blocks 115 and 115 a standing/singing area :old: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:58 am

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:58 am

Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City Now Struggling to Sell tickets for games & many fans not even bothered

Its bad enough seeing thousands of fans not bothering to turn up at our home games this season even though they have already paid. Apparently at some home games up to 4,000 City fans are not bothering. :shock:
Weve already lost thousands due to the Rebrand,then relegation, now fans who have paid are not turning up in larger numbers than ever before. :shock: :shock:

Also our Away Support has been dwindling rapidly and now even Watford away tickets are struggling to sell.

For the first time in about 10 years, so far this season every away game other than Brum away has been pay on the day for our fans.

The Club needs to act and realise something needs to be done?

There is major concern as our media from the papers to the radio are talking about it and the facts are there,thousands upon thousands of empty seats every home game.

City even offered cheap seats for Ipswich and Forest home,but still no increase in attendances?

We have a major problem and it needs addressing by those who run our club.

Agree with the above . Next season will be tough for the club , the toxic mix of the rebrand / mid table league position / ongoing MM saga / seemingly cheap managerial appointment ( with questions around who calls the shots ) tan continually mouthing off and the general feeling of bad blood around the club will likely see our lowest gates for years .

I have used my season ticket for around 50% of games this year . Having had one for the last 10 years my only real motivation is a drink with the lads pre and post match these days .

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:06 am

Prices too expensive to watch football now.
Also Xmas just around the corner could make it worse.
I've started to lose interest because Tan has wrecked our club, but I will still he renewing my season ticket next season.
I can also see our away crowds dwindling due to the high ticket prices and transport costs.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:25 am

i walked away a handful of games into this season... for financial reasons mainly but all the bollox dont help obviously and contributed toward the decision, if anything im on the verge of coming back already... miss it so much :lol: but i know i will possibly regret coming back right away

i think some of those who have left may never come back, even if the dream of returning to blue happened, i really believe that

the club is like your dirty ex whos gone with all your mates since you split... would you go back to that :lol:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:53 am

Aint posted on here in ages, sums up where my priorities lie with CCFC in my life. Its fallen in importance for me, since the rebrand, and only the rebrand is responsible for that.

If all this unnecessary, relentless Vincent Tan pantomime nonsense was happening with the club wearing blue, and the badge restored, then my passion would be unaffected, if anything it would be enhanced with a backs to the wall fighting attitude. But Vincent Tans selfish, inconsiderate, ignorant tyranny makes me cringe every time I set foot in our stadium, I have struggled screaming out support for our team in red, but I still do it, hoarse every game, even though this red team is still unrecognisable to me. If making a statement to Tan is by not putting bums on seats then I support that, or a mass walk out on 19:27 or whatever. I have supported this club through some of the terrible times in the eighties and nineties and loved it to death, identity very much intact, and in some cases far worse times than now.

Actually I can't really afford a season ticket, the match day expense in the pubs (!)the odd away trip, plus Wales games every year with a family to support, but I still do it. However, I will for the first time in many many years next year consider not renewing my ticket and that upsets me so much that thought is even in my mindset. So many of my mates have stopped going. Vincent Tan has a lot to answer for, but of course he doesn't do dialogue with the fans.

All would be forgiven if identity would be restored, Pulis should have been appointed, with a promise to return to blue next season and unite the football club. surely that set up would be more attractive to a prospected buyer if he does want a way out.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 am

tangledupinblue wrote:Aint posted on here in ages, sums up where my priorities lie with CCFC in my life. Its fallen in importance for me, since the rebrand, and only the rebrand is responsible for that.

If all this unnecessary, relentless Vincent Tan pantomime nonsense was happening with the club wearing blue, and the badge restored, then my passion would be unaffected, if anything it would be enhanced with a backs to the wall fighting attitude. But Vincent Tans selfish, inconsiderate, ignorant tyranny makes me cringe every time I set foot in our stadium, I have struggled screaming out support for our team in red, but I still do it, hoarse every game, even though this red team is still unrecognisable to me. If making a statement to Tan is by not putting bums on seats then I support that, or a mass walk out on 19:27 or whatever. I have supported this club through some of the terrible times in the eighties and nineties and loved it to death, identity very much intact, and in some cases far worse times than now.

Actually I can't really afford a season ticket, the match day expense in the pubs (!)the odd away trip, plus Wales games every year with a family to support, but I still do it. However, I will for the first time in many many years next year consider not renewing my ticket and that upsets me so much that thought is even in my mindset. So many of my mates have stopped going. Vincent Tan has a lot to answer for, but of course he doesn't do dialogue with the fans.

All would be forgiven if identity would be restored, Pulis should have been appointed, with a promise to return to blue next season and unite the football club. surely that set up would be more attractive to a prospected buyer if he does want a way out.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

funny how its this season and not last season aint it, a lot of people like you around i think :old:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:27 am

The Rebrand has 100% ruined it for me, I have supported City since 1968 and I can count on two hands the amount of home games I have missed in all that time, but now the passion has gone, im totally apathetic to watching the club I have always loved, even though I still turn up for every game.
Turning us back to blue will go a massive way back to unifying the fans, and getting the pathetic CCS atmosphere back to a fraction of how it should be.
I would say we have a worse regime at the club than back to the bad old days of the Kuma,s and Cadmans :oops:
The amount of old school fans that I talk to that say the exact same thing is amazing.
We as a football club have LOST OUR WAY, BIG TIME !!! and the Club need to realise this and do something radical about it fast, problem is the club do not know how to market themselves, they never have done, they just go from one blunder to the next and keep doing it, who the hell advises them, Gerry Cottle :lol:
Until our correct identity is returned to us then we will keep lurching from one embarrassment to the next, oh and bye the way die hard fans, and not plastic glory hunters, we have about 5,000-6,000, 17k no way jose :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:The Rebrand has 100% ruined it for me, I have supported City since 1968 and I can count on two hands the amount of home games I have missed in all that time, but now the passion has gone, im totally apathetic to watching the club I have always loved, even though I still turn up for every game.
Turning us back to blue will go a massive way back to unifying the fans, and getting the pathetic CCS atmosphere back to a fraction of how it should be.
I would say we have a worse regime at the club than back to the bad old days of the Kuma,s and Cadmans :oops:
The amount of old school fans that I talk to that say the exact same thing is amazing.
We as a football club have LOST OUR WAY, BIG TIME !!! and the Club need to realise this and do something radical about it fast, problem is the club do not know how to market themselves, they never have done, they just go from one blunder to the next and keep doing it, who the hell advises them, Gerry Cottle :lol:
Until our correct identity is returned to us then we will keep lurching from one embarrassment to the next, oh and bye the way die hard fans, and not plastic glory hunters, we have about 5,000-6,000, 17k no way jose :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

another one :roll:

were you "totally apathetic" last season, or the season before? when we also played in red :sleepy2:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:36 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:The Rebrand has 100% ruined it for me, I have supported City since 1968 and I can count on two hands the amount of home games I have missed in all that time, but now the passion has gone, im totally apathetic to watching the club I have always loved, even though I still turn up for every game.

another one :roll:

were you "totally apathetic" last season, or the season before? when we also played in red :sleepy2:

yep, 2 of the worst seasons I have ever witnessed :bluescarf: :thumbup: :bluescarf: :thumbup: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Away sold out for Bournemouth, nearly 1, ooo for Watford, not too bad. I think most fans now prefer to make their own way to games-plus negativity and doom and gloom puts people down.