Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What can we do to improve the atmosphere as fans?

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:11 pm

When I started watching the City in 1969 the fans who sang were only in the Grange End,no other part of the ground sang,nobody told us younger boys the words of the songs we just learned them as we went along to each match,we have blamed everyone and is dog about the atmosphere,but is,nt it about time us fans did something about it?We have bitched and moaned about the atmosphere yet we still don't organise and do something about it.
come on someone sort out the young lads my boy who is now 15 loves the crack get them sorted and the rest will follow,we are still the most passonate fans still but at this moment in time we need someone to push or drag us along. :bluescarf: :old:

Re: What can we do to improve the atmosphere as fans?

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:18 pm

We all need to be pulling in the right direction. Now more than ever.
lets be honest we will one day have our club back, we will be blue again and we will have our old badge back. When i dont know?? But it will happen. Tan wunt be here forever.
How about leaflets handed out at the turnstiles urging the fans to stick together and encouraging a vocal atmosphere all around the ground?? Mind you for this to work properly the stewards need to get off their high horse and leave us stand to create the singing and atmosphere.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Bring back the drum to give it a bit of a boost in there. Was shocking last friday really

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:46 pm

Why does Cardiff City Stadium lack atmosphere? We ask the fans after Reading damp squib

Fans point to rebrand controversy and style of play as to why the feel good factor seems to be missing on match days for Bluebirds

Why is Cardiff City Stadium so often lacking atmosphere on match days?

Around 20,000 spectators, the majority season ticket holders, attend games but where is the atmosphere which at its best made Ninian Park a vibrant ground to be for Bluebirds supporters?

There were 2,000-plus at Ninian in Division Three and now City attract 10 times that number, but the feel-good factor in the stadium seems to be diluted.

Terry Phillips has asked supporters just why that is the case...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... re-8165430?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Simple answer is for fans to chant, it just dont happen anymore at home.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Get rid of the red stand.

Doesn't feel much like a cardiff ground if I'm honest.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Swap the ends behind each goals and start getting the banter back with the away fans,quite simple realy.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:14 pm

I agree away fans only by family stand for obvious reasons. Kills atmosphere is switching ends going to dramatically cause crowd trouble very much doubt it. Also agree with standing I remember being 12ish in ninian grange-end and bob bank could hardly see a thing due to standing and pillars but the buzz was fkin brill . I'd find a gap and watch . Stand and sing what we need :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:15 pm

To improve all the fans must sing.
We done it against man city and Leicester in the play offs, absolutely awesome atmosphere. Nothing wrong with the stadium to create the noise just the fans.
One way to improve any ground would be to bring back safe standing terraces.
All seater stadiums kill atmosphere

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 pm

We need our fans to actually sing along when someone starts a chant. Far too many people just standing there with their arms folded not joining in where I stand in the Canton Stand. The club gave us a SINGING section for a reason.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:57 pm

BlueMagic wrote:Bring back the drum to give it a bit of a boost in there. Was shocking last friday really

I agree get the drum back

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Gaffer wrote:Swap the ends behind each goals and start getting the banter back with the away fans,quite simple realy.

This would make a huge difference but we also need some decent new songs and bring back some old

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:02 pm

JonCCFC wrote:We need our fans to actually sing along when someone starts a chant. Far too many people just standing there with their arms folded not joining in where I stand in the Canton Stand. The club gave us a SINGING section for a reason.

Totally agree but that is because a lot of fans are so disheartened. Feck all wrong with the stadium, I very rarely watch Wales but went to Cyprus game and it was bouncing and loud and constant with same attendance!

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:38 pm

How about getting to our seats at least a quarter of an hour before kick off? The build up used to be brilliant, but now a lot of people seem more interested in having a pint, having a bet, and watching the TV screens down stairs.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:40 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:How about getting to our seats at least a quarter of an hour before kick off? The build up used to be brilliant, but now a lot of people seem more interested in having a pint, having a bet, and watching the TV screens down stairs.

I agree. I also miss the music that used to be played before every game like Ring of Fire and Yma o Hyd, what happened?

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:54 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:How about getting to our seats at least a quarter of an hour before kick off? The build up used to be brilliant, but now a lot of people seem more interested in having a pint, having a bet, and watching the TV screens down stairs.

Very true or returning to seats mid way through half

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

I agree. I also miss the music that used to be played before every game like Ring of Fire and Yma o Hyd, what happened?

Some players flying in to challenges always gets the crowd up and attacking football! It's so true!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:54 pm

BlueMagic wrote:Bring back the drum to give it a bit of a boost in there. Was shocking last friday really

said this for ages. As fkin annoying as it was, it worked!