Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ' Malmö and Molde in for Eikrem '

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:20 pm

According to Norwegian media, both Swedish Malmö and Norwegian Molde are interested in signing Eikrem in the January window. Supposedly, there is interest also from other leagues.

http://www.rbnett.no/100Sport/fotball/e ... 476301.snd

Updated :bluescarf:

Champions League outfit Malmo target Cardiff City midfielder Magnus Eikrem in January transfer window

Tuesday Nov 25, 2014

By Gareth Rogers

Out-of-favour midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem looks set for a return to Scandinavia in the January transfer window.

Magnus Eikrem has had a tough time at Cardiff City

Cardiff City outcast Magnus Wolff Eikrem could swap the Cardiff City scrapheap for the Champions League in January – as Swedish outfit Malmo are chasing his signature.

The 15-times capped Norwegian, who has only featured nine times since his arrival in Cardiff almost an entire calendar year ago, could be set for a return to Scandinavia with the Swedish champions, once the transfer window opens.

Having joined the Bluebirds from Dutch outfit Heerenveen, the former Manchester United trainee came with quite a pedigree but neither Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of Russell Slade have given the midfielder a run in the team. The 24-year-old has only made three appearances this season.

Current manager Slade said: “We’ll see if we can do something in January. We have been open with him and we can sell or loan him.”

With things not working out at the Cardiff City Stadium, a move to Malmo, who could still oust Juventus and Olympiakos to emerge from Group A of the Champions League, would be very tempting.

If that doesn’t work out, former club Molde, where he played under Solskjaer after leaving Old Trafford, are also understood to be in the race for his signature, having wrapped up the Norweigan title earlier this month.

Re: Malmö and Molde in for Eikrem

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Good riddance.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Good luck to him it's not his fault.
Those clubs are about his level I would think.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Still think he could do it in the Championship.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 pm

What a flop.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:05 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Good luck to him it's not his fault.

Not sure if it would even to much of a step down, to be honest. Malmö is playing in the CL and Molde just took the double in Norway. But I agree with 2blue. There should the other CS clubs where he could make an impact. He was decent in pre season, and Ole meant he would be an important player for Cardiff this season.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:23 pm

Dve wrote:

Not sure if it would even to much of a step down, to be honest. Malmö is playing in the CL and Molde just took the double in Norway. But I agree with 2blue. There should the other CS clubs where he could make an impact. He was decent in pre season, and Ole meant he would be an important player for Cardiff this season.

Yeah I'd go along with that. I'm sure he could do a job in the CS.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:32 pm

We don't need him he is to similar to Whittingham or Ralls.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:We don't need him he is to similar to Whittingham or Ralls.

He's much better on the ball than ralls. Less combative maybe. Hard to say as we've hardly seen him play. Wasn't he playing in the Dutch league when ogs bought him? That's an ok league. I can see him fitting in there. More technical less physical.
Good luck to him.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Agree .

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:46 pm

One of several poor signings from Ole. Makes you laugh how Tan was boasting about our January transfer business back then because he was getting more involved.

Re: ' Malmö and Molde in for Eikrem '

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:09 am

If given playtime, he might have become good. Could have been a back-up for Whittingham if he became injured, as we don´t have too many ball players in central midfield. Maybe we´ll see some new signings from Slade here.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:05 am

I thought it was a strange signing at the time. Not sure we played the right system for him and we are above his level anyway. Hopefully he gets his career restarted.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:04 am

I beleive having a player like Eikrem is very valuable. Out of what I consider in great squad players only Connolly is getting involved. Eikrem, Connolly, Burgstaller and Guerra are players Slade will never be able to replace. Neither of them is on high wages and they cover a lot of positions. Neither of them have been given a run of games, but all have shown glimpses of what they can do. And I agree with the poster saying, not sure it will be a step down to be honest :laughing6:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:36 am

the club doesn't even allow us to make our minds up on players getting shipped out as we've barely seen them play!

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:I beleive having a player like Eikrem is very valuable. Out of what I consider in great squad players only Connolly is getting involved. Eikrem, Connolly, Burgstaller and Guerra are players Slade will never be able to replace. Neither of them is on high wages and they cover a lot of positions. Neither of them have been given a run of games, but all have shown glimpses of what they can do. And I agree with the poster saying, not sure it will be a step down to be honest :laughing6:

when has eikrem shown what he can do? :?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:34 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:I beleive having a player like Eikrem is very valuable. Out of what I consider in great squad players only Connolly is getting involved. Eikrem, Connolly, Burgstaller and Guerra are players Slade will never be able to replace. Neither of them is on high wages and they cover a lot of positions. Neither of them have been given a run of games, but all have shown glimpses of what they can do. And I agree with the poster saying, not sure it will be a step down to be honest :laughing6:

Glimses, mate, glimses :)

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Dve wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

i must have been blinking at that time then

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

I thought he looked very good against Man City and Aston Villa. And I thought they all looked pretty good pre season. All covering many positions I think they would be excellent squad players. Burgstaller big and strong and Guerra a clever goal scorer good on the ball.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I thought he looked very good against Man City and Aston Villa. And I thought they all looked pretty good pre season. All covering many positions I think they would be excellent squad players. Burgstaller big and strong and Guerra a clever goal scorer good on the ball.

yet two different managers disagree with you... never mind, they must be the ones that are wrong hey?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:20 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

yet two different managers disagree with you... never mind, they must be the ones that are wrong hey?

I thought Ole said they would all be valuable members of the squad, but I might be wrong. Slade hasn't been very flattering after his extensive judgement on the squads ability.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:29 pm

nice one wolff :thumbup:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:36 pm

paulh_85 wrote:nice one wolff :thumbup:

I think so. But I don't see Malmo or Molde spending the money we bought him for. Not even 1M. Skaninavian clubs don't have that kind of money to spend on players.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:00 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

To be fair I wouldnt trust either of Ole or Slades judgesments on championship players

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

To be fair I wouldnt trust either of Ole or Slades judgesments on championship players

so whos judgement is better then? yours? mine? surely the people who are paid to spend every day with the players is the best to judge no?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:08 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

so whos judgement is better then? yours? mine? surely the people who are paid to spend every day with the players is the best to judge no?

Paul you are wasting your time arguing with another I am always right regardless of what you say person! :laughing5: bit like RM in his hey day. :thumbup:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:12 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Dve wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

i must have been blinking at that time then

:lol:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:13 pm

I think so. But I don't see Malmo or Molde spending the money we bought him for. Not even 1M. Skaninavian clubs don't have that kind of money to spend on players.

Malmö does now.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:20 pm

But I thought you said Ole was very well backed at Molde to bring over 40 players in, and the Molde owner has twice the wallet Tan has? That's what you said to me in this thread anyway: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150560

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

But I thought you said Ole was very well backed at Molde to bring over 40 players in, and the Molde owner has twice the wallet Tan has? That's what you said to me in this thread anyway: http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=150560

Spending Money on lots of players and being well backed, and spending Millions on one player is two very different things. It's not sustainable in scaninavian football, the income is not there. Not even with wealthy uncles. We been down that road, it almost destroyed clubs.