Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malmö and Molde in for Eikrem

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Still think he could do it in the Championship.

So do I, if Whitts was to get injured in the middle of the park, who else could play his role ? He's our ball player, the next on the list would probably be Ralls but Im not entirely convinced he's ready to dictate our play when in possession.

From what I've seen of Eikrem he is neat and tidy and always looks to try and get on the ball, seems to have a decent range of passing as well. I think it's been difficult for him to gain any sort of momentum or form when only getting 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there.

Looks like the decision has already been made to move him on, shame really.

Re: ' Malmö and Molde in for Eikrem '

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm

MALMO CHASING CARDIFF OUTCAST EIKREM
Submitted by Tribal Football Staff 4 hours ago

Swedish champs Malmo FF are chasing Cardiff City midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

The former Manchester United junior has struggled since his move to the CCS almost 12 months ago and Cardiff are prepared to cut him loose.

Former club Molde are keen, as is Malmo with Eikrem accepting he has little future at Cardiff under new manager Russell Slade.

"We'll see if we can do something in January," said Slade. "We have been open with him and we can sell or loan him."

Eikrem has managed just three appearances this season.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... HShqGIgGK0

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:48 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Good luck to him it's not his fault.
Those clubs are about his level I would think.

Ole bought to many, agree it's not his fault he never got a chance, good luck to him :thumbup:

Re: ' Malmö and Molde in for Eikrem '

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Just seen malmo is playing in the champions league not a bad move for him.

Re: UPDATED ' Malmö and Molde in for Eikrem '

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Champions League outfit Malmo target Cardiff City midfielder Magnus Eikrem in January transfer window

Tuesday Nov 25, 2014

By Gareth Rogers

Out-of-favour midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem looks set for a return to Scandinavia in the January transfer window.

Magnus Eikrem has had a tough time at Cardiff City

Cardiff City outcast Magnus Wolff Eikrem could swap the Cardiff City scrapheap for the Champions League in January – as Swedish outfit Malmo are chasing his signature.

The 15-times capped Norwegian, who has only featured nine times since his arrival in Cardiff almost an entire calendar year ago, could be set for a return to Scandinavia with the Swedish champions, once the transfer window opens.

Having joined the Bluebirds from Dutch outfit Heerenveen, the former Manchester United trainee came with quite a pedigree but neither Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of Russell Slade have given the midfielder a run in the team. The 24-year-old has only made three appearances this season.

Current manager Slade said: “We’ll see if we can do something in January. We have been open with him and we can sell or loan him.”

With things not working out at the Cardiff City Stadium, a move to Malmo, who could still oust Juventus and Olympiakos to emerge from Group A of the Champions League, would be very tempting.

If that doesn’t work out, former club Molde, where he played under Solskjaer after leaving Old Trafford, are also understood to be in the race for his signature, having wrapped up the Norweigan title earlier this month.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm

probably best to loan him out and put him in the shop window to achieve a better price in the summer.

we'll take a big hit if we sell him in january to a swedish or norweigan team.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:53 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:probably best to loan him out and put him in the shop window to achieve a better price in the summer.

we'll take a big hit if we sell him in january to a swedish or norweigan team.

Cardiff paid a bit less than 2 mil for him, wasn´t it? Selling him now won´t generate that much money, I´m sure. Loaning him out sounds like better business.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:12 am

Champions League outfit Malmo target Cardiff City midfielder Magnus Eikrem in January transfer window
Nov 25, 2014 18:43 By Gareth Rogers
Out-of-favour midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem looks set for a return to Scandinavia in the January transfer window.

Cardiff City outcast Magnus Wolff Eikrem could swap the Cardiff City scrapheap for the Champions League in January – as Swedish outfit Malmo are chasing his signature.

The 15-times capped Norwegian, who has only featured nine times since his arrival in Cardiff almost an entire calendar year ago, could be set for a return to Scandinavia with the Swedish champions, once the transfer window opens.

Having joined the Bluebirds from Dutch outfit Heerenveen, the former Manchester United trainee came with quite a pedigree but neither Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of Russell Slade have given the midfielder a run in the team. The 24-year-old has only made three appearances this season.
Current manager Slade said: “We’ll see if we can do something in January. We have been open with him and we can sell or loan him.”

With things not working out at the Cardiff City Stadium, a move to Malmo, who could still oust Juventus and Olympiakos to emerge from Group A of the Champions League, would be very tempting.

If that doesn’t work out, former club Molde, where he played under Solskjaer after leaving Old Trafford, are also understood to be in the race for his signature, having wrapped up the Norweigan title earlier this month.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... et-8175069?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:55 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Still think he could do it in the Championship.

So do I, if Whitts was to get injured in the middle of the park, who else could play his role ? He's our ball player, the next on the list would probably be Ralls but Im not entirely convinced he's ready to dictate our play when in possession.

From what I've seen of Eikrem he is neat and tidy and always looks to try and get on the ball, seems to have a decent range of passing as well. I think it's been difficult for him to gain any sort of momentum or form when only getting 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there.

Looks like the decision has already been made to move him on, shame really.

Agree totally :thumbup:

I was looking forward to seeing him in the Championship fit and up to speed, thought he had good awareness and comfortable on the ball. Wanted to judge him after game time

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:22 pm

I like Ralls, has good potential to do it as this level but I would preferred to see more of Eikrem on the bench, games like Millwall away where we took Gunnarsson off early on and Ralls came on and we got bullied a bit, Eikrem could have contributed here.