Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED "TRANSFERS/LOAN DEALS" THURSDAY 28th MAY 2015

Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 pm

QPR have completed the signing of Swindon Town's versatile attacker Ben Gladwin

Bournemouth have confirmed the signing of Joshua King on a three-year deal.

Re: UPDATED "TRANSFERS/LOAN DEALS" THURSDAY 28th MAY 2015

Thu May 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Tim Sherwood has revealed Christian Benteke has a buy-out clause and fears it could be “impossible” for Aston Villa to keep the forward this summer.
ADVERTISING

Benteke is emerging as Liverpool’s leading transfer target and Telegraph Sport can reveal it will take a figure of £32.5 million to sign the Belgium international.
Villa inserted the clause into the new £50,000-a-week contract Benteke signed two years ago and Liverpool are expected to trigger the release for the 24-year-old after Saturday’s FA Cup Final.
Sherwood has reiterated that Benteke, a £7m signing from Genk in 2012, would be taking a huge risk with his career by leaving the club before next summer’s European Championships.

Re: UPDATED "TRANSFERS/LOAN DEALS" FRIDAY 29th MAY 2015

Fri May 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Bournemouth have signed Christian Atsu from Chelsea on a season-long loan.

Re: UPDATED "TRANSFERS/LOAN DEALS" FRIDAY 29th MAY 2015

Fri May 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Newcastle United have released Ryan Taylor and Jonás Gutiérrez.

Re: UPDATED "TRANSFERS/LOAN DEALS" SATURDAY 30th MAY 2015

Sat May 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Rio Ferdinand has announced his retirement from football, days after being released by Queens Park Rangers.

Re: UPDATED "TRANSFERS/LOAN DEALS" SUNDAY 31st MAY 2015

Sun May 31, 2015 9:32 am

Newcastle United are in talks with Patrick Vieira with regard to the manager's job at the club

West Ham want to former Dutch international Frank de Boer to be their next manager

Re: UPDATED "TRANSFERS/LOAN DEALS" MONDAY 1st JUNE 2015

Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Real Madrid assistant manager Paul Clement has agreed a three-year deal to manage Derby County.

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNINGS " MONDAY 1st JUNE

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:53 pm

David Marshall wasn't expected to follow us back into the Championship following our relegation a year ago but he stayed at Cardiff, although his season was disrupted by injury.

We'll still want to keep the 30-year-old but with him, probably, among our top earners and a clearout of these taking place recently, he could follow suit and get back into the Premier League with Liverpool reportedly showing an interest.

Arsenal and Spurs were interested when we were relegated but the Scotland international committed his future to us but Wales Online says that Liverpool are looking at him with a £5m offer coming our way?

Simon Moore's been linked with Leeds for £500,000 and when these reported surfaced I'd said that I could see this possibly happening as long as Marshall stayed at the Cardiff City Stadium. If he didn't Moore, who didn't look out of place, would stay and as our number one.

Marshall leaving for Anfield, or elsewhere, would promote Moore to number one and see him going nowhere but which one, if any, would we soon leave this summer?

Read more: http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z3br01W8EI

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNINGS "TUESDAY 2nd JUNE

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:24 am

Brendan Rodgers will survive as Liverpool manager only if he accepts the transfer policy implemented by the club's owners. (Daily Mirror)

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Defenders Aly Cissokho, Philippe Senderos and Matt Lowton will be sold by Aston Villa during the summer(The Guardian)

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Cardiff City: Icelandic midfielder Aron Gunnarsson has signed a two-year contract extension. The 26-year-old put pen to paper on a two-year extension to his current contract until 2018.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Daily Mail

Brendan Rodgers is set to stay at Liverpool after holding talks with the club's owners over his future.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Leon Britton set to leave Swansea after 12 years at the club
LEON BRITTON looks set to end his love affair with Swansea this summer.

The 32-year-old has been with the Welsh club for 12 years, aside from a brief six-month spell at Sheffield United in 2010.

But despite making over 400 appearances, Britton has been told he'll be well down the pecking order next season.

He made just seven starts this term after a campaign ruined by injury and illness, and admits it could be time to move on.
Britton, who has two years left on his contract, said: "I have said to the manager that I will look at my options."

Meanwhile, winger Wayne Routledge is ready to finish his career with the Swans after a journeyman career.

The 30-year-old, now on his ninth club, said: "Going on my track record I possibly didn't think I would be here as long as I have.

"But I enjoy living here, I'm bringing my family down next year. I'm happy to be here until someone tells me differently."

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNING" THURSDAY 4th JUNE

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:03 pm

Manchester United have had a £110m double bid for Gareth Bale and Raphaël Varane rejected by Real Madrid. Daily Mirror

Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:38 am

19 minutes ago
David de Gea has already said goodbye to his Manchester United teammates as he prepares to join Real Madrid.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Manchester Utd are set to make a £25m offer for Raheem Sterling - kicking off a transfer-window arms-race for the forward.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Steve McClaren is set to become Newcastle's new head coach when he returns from holiday next week, according to Sky sources.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Brighton nab Alireza Jahanbakhsh £1.4million?

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Brighton make move for Sheffield United's Jamie Murphy?

HITC Sport understands Brighton & Hove Albion are lining up a move for highly-rated Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/04/brighton-make-move-for-sheffield-uniteds-jamie-murphy/

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNING" FRIDAY 5th JUNE 20

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Watford have appointed Quique Sánchez Flores as the club's new manager

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNING" FRIDAY 5th JUNE 20

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Everton has agreed a deal to sign Tom Cleverley when his contract expires at Manchester United on July 1.

The 25-year-old England midfield player will arrive on a five-year contract, becoming the first signing of the summer by manager Roberto Martinez.

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNING" SATURDAY 6th JUNE

Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Chelsea have grudgingly told goalkeeper Petr Čech that he can join a Premier League rival Daily Telegraph

Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Man Utd striker Robin van Persie is close to agreeing a £10m move to Serie A side Lazio.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Southampton are leading the race to sign England striker Charlie Austin from QPR this summer Guardian

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNING" SUNDAY 7th JUNE 20

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:27 am

Manchester United are to join the race to sign out-of-favour Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Čech

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:40 am

Free Agent Ryan Taylor has been approached by a number of Championship clubs, which includes Sheffield Wednesday & Cardiff

Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Newcastle will make a move for Queens Park Rangers striker Charlie Austin

Hal Robson-Kanu is a target for both Cardiff City and Wolves

Southampton are favourites to sign Cameroon midfielder Alex Song

Newcastle are nearing an agreement for Steve McClaren to take charge as manager

West Ham have agreed a €6m deal for Sampdoria midfielder Pedro Obiang

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Chelsea are preparing a £30million summer swoop for Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain.

The Argentine goal ace spent three seasons under Blues boss Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.

And the Special One is keen on a reunion with the 27-year-old, according to the Sun.

Mourinho is on the lookout for more firepower as he tries to replace for Chelsea legend Didier Drogba.

Manchester United flop Radamel Falcao is also being considered.

However, Mourinho has set his sights on Higuain, with the Blues understood to have made initial enquiries for the forward.

Juventus are also keen, while Arsenal are long-time admirers.

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNING" WEDNESDAY 10 JUNE

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Steve McClaren has been appointed the manager of Newcastle.

Re: UPDATED " TRANSFERS/MANAGERS/SIGNING" THURSDAY 11 JUNE 2

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:12 pm

Former Preston defender Scott Laird has signed for Scunthorpe United.