Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

so our MPs......

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Are to get an 18% increase in 2016.....so glad we,re all in it together.

Re: so our MPs......

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:50 pm

beano1 wrote:Are to get an 18% increase in 2016.....so glad we,re all in it together.

I have no faith in any MPs anymore, well over paid,for false promises.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Thought they were called AM's in Wales! :laughing6: its their rise isn't it? :o

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Isn't about time that anyone who works for the Public Sector gets exactly the same pay rise right across the board and get rid of these independent pay boards.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Disgusting.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:56 pm

AMs not MPs. Lol

Anyway these are people who have second homes from the taxpayer in Cardiff and Penarth and only live an hour away max!!!

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:59 pm

noisycat wrote:Isn't about time that anyone who works for the Public Sector gets exactly the same pay rise right across the board and get rid of these independent pay boards.

You would believe the additional benefits they have that a worker in the private sector could only dream of. Day of for the Queens birthday anyone or a day of for Christmas shopping anyone or maybe a full pension for your spouse as ell ?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:30 am

The thing that is wrong with it is every time public sector workers have a review board recomendation its too much can only afford 2% or less over 2yrs !! And they say have more responsibility but there is more & more of the buggers to spread load, so more joining the gravy train!! :o

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:
beano1 wrote:Are to get an 18% increase in 2016.....so glad we,re all in it together.

I have no faith in any MPs anymore, well over paid,for false promises.

These aren't MP's but the Welsh Assembly AM's (failed councillors and those not good enough to be MP's).
The ones who said local democracy and being closer to the people meant better services and more in tune with what local people wanted and needed. (unlike the far away MP's in westminster).

It seems they are more out of touch with local people than the MP's in London are with us.
Drink driving, drunk in the chamber, attacking paramedics doing their job and having prostitutes in tax payer funded hotel rooms are all accepted in the Welsh assembly.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:02 am

I think alot of welsh people just accept the bad deal that we get. As if we have to accept it because england used to be our bullies.

The Scottish took a stand and England crapped themselves.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:11 am

Depressed Blue wrote:I think alot of welsh people just accept the bad deal that we get. As if we have to accept it because england used to be our bullies.

The Scottish took a stand and England crapped themselves.

Correct. As soon as someone complains about the one party state that will always rule Wales, they panic and start banging on about Thatcher and being ruled by far away England, to frighten people into accepting their incompetence and corruption. Lets be honest here, not one of those AM's could do a proper job. They are just in the system, bulls****ing about how they care about Wales and its people and sevices, while filling their pockets with anything they can get hold of.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Military Junta wrote:
noisycat wrote:Isn't about time that anyone who works for the Public Sector gets exactly the same pay rise right across the board and get rid of these independent pay boards.

You would believe the additional benefits they have that a worker in the private sector could only dream of. Day of for the Queens birthday anyone or a day of for Christmas shopping anyone or maybe a full pension for your spouse as ell ?

Are you on about the Welsh Arsembly here?

I work in the public Sector & I don't get these perks.

:D :D :D

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:52 pm

the queens birthday and day off for Christmas shopping for when I was with the Inland revenue in llanishan. And the pension for me as well as my wife was when I was county councillor

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Other perks when I was a councillor was: free laptop, mobile phone, if you win an election they offer to put your campaign outlay against your annual tax, free entry to council owned leisure centres and events, I'm sure there are others but can't think of anymore at the moment

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Military Junta wrote:the queens birthday and day off for Christmas shopping for when I was with the Inland revenue in llanishan. And the pension for me as well as my wife was when I was county councillor

Ahhh not the Inland revenue, is that why all these rich people & these big corporations are getting away with not paying tax then?
Not everyone working in the public sector are getting perks like that, ok I may have my pension & my holidays like others but there are many dedicated & commited workers frequently working over the statutory hours for no extra just to provide a safe public service that are underfunded.

I know many collegues who have not even had any sick days off for many years like myself.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:00 pm

In fairness to them, they are going to reject it.

There is no way that Westminster MP's would reject it. Luckily, those down the bay are more like you and me and no when something is unfair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-30187653

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Evil robbing good for nothing wasters! Why not send them to Iraq to fight Isis? Better thsn sitting on their arses mouthing off to us while dreaming up any old scheme to filch our money and trouser it to fund their lavish lifestyles!

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:47 am

I work for the NHS and have been on a pay freeze for the last 3 years. This year a pay review body recommended that all staff be given a 1% pay rise but Welsh AM's said no and offered instead a £160 one off payment. As a result of this strike action was due to take place a couple of weeks back but was halted when an improved offer of £178 one off and guarantee of 1% rise in 2015. Personally i wasn't happy with this result but last week the deal was agreed.

Read on Tuesday that AM's are being recommended a £10,000 pay increase. Absolutely fuming. I wonder if they will accept this recommendation or reject it like they rejected our pittance of an offer.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:24 am

tcblue wrote:In fairness to them, they are going to reject it.

There is no way that Westminster MP's would reject it. Luckily, those down the bay are more like you and me and no when something is unfair.

AM's will accept it as Labour and Plaid Cymru AM's have already said they will acept the findings. They will blame the Review Board and Westminster.
These AM's are nothing like me thats for sure - I have qualifications and business experience, unlike all those AM's. I read that none of them have business experience. Some of them are appointed on gender and race, not ability. How do the same women keep their jobs time after time, every reshuffle leads to the same people in charge?
They are just a bunch of failed (not good enough ) MP's and jumped up councillors. Picked by their party for being Yes people.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:19 pm

tcblue wrote:In fairness to them, they are going to reject it.

Where does it say they're going to reject it ? the ones against the rise quoted are Union spokespersons ,Tory AM Antoinette Sandbach shouldn't get her self knocked up, if she can't afford the sprogs then don't have them .

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Military Junta wrote:the queens birthday and day off for Christmas shopping for when I was with the Inland revenue in llanishan. And the pension for me as well as my wife was when I was county councillor

The days of those sort of benefits for the Public Sector (particularly the actual civil service) are long gone with the possible exception of the Queen's Birthday but even that, I think, forms part of an A/L allowance and just means you have to take A/L if the office is shut.

Pension contributions are much increased and whilst they are slightly below equivalent roles in the private sector so is the wage packet.

With the 3/4 year wage freeze coupled with increased pension contributions many workers are £300-400 a month net worse off even before inflation.

In previous decades workers accepted all of this on the basis that their jobs were more secure. However, just look at the decrease in the numbers of civil servants (100s of thousands) to see that is no longer the case. Many of those are listed as voluntary redundancy but, in actual fact, the government altered the terms to ensure that the voluntary scheme pays out slightly more than compulsory therefore anyone at risk is forced to go "voluntarily" !!!

All this makes the proposed massive increase to AMs even more obscene.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:01 am

piledriver64 wrote:

The days of those sort of benefits for the Public Sector (particularly the actual civil service) are long gone with the possible exception of the Queen's Birthday but even that, I think, forms part of an A/L allowance and just means you have to take A/L if the office is shut.

Pension contributions are much increased and whilst they are slightly below equivalent roles in the private sector so is the wage packet.

With the 3/4 year wage freeze coupled with increased pension contributions many workers are £300-400 a month net worse off even before inflation.

In previous decades workers accepted all of this on the basis that their jobs were more secure. However, just look at the decrease in the numbers of civil servants (100s of thousands) to see that is no longer the case. Many of those are listed as voluntary redundancy but, in actual fact, the government altered the terms to ensure that the voluntary scheme pays out slightly more than compulsory therefore anyone at risk is forced to go "voluntarily" !!!

Still do it in Llanishan

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 am

Military Junta wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Still do it in Llanishan

If that is the case then I stand corrected.

Just goes to show how dangerous it is to generalise when referring to "The Public Sector" though because I know that the majority of civil service departments moved away from this 8-9 years ago.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:07 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Still do it in Llanishan

If that is the case then I stand corrected.

Just goes to show how dangerous it is to generalise when referring to "The Public Sector" though because I know that the majority of civil service departments moved away from this 8-9 years ago.

it maybe the fact on whether they are on old or new contracts maybe I guess. If you are on a old contract then you are laughing