Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City's Silent/Lifeless Stadium? '

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:31 pm

' Cardiff City's Silent/Lifeless Stadium? '

I fell in love with Cardiff City in the early 70's mainly because of the Passion that Cardiff City Fans once had. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Opinions Please?

Why do you honestly think our stadium is so lifeless nowadays?

What can those in charge, Wayne Nash etc do to get it back?

Is it the Rebrand?

Is it the football on the pitch?

Is it due to the Owners?

Is it the Fans responsibility to get it back?

The fans are leaving in their thousands,why?

It is a big concern, because everyone I speak to are talking about it.

What the Media are saying after Cardiff City's 5th Consecutive home win v Reading on Friday night.

To say the atmosphere at the Cardiff City Stadium during this encounter was like a library would be doing a libraries a disservice. I’ve been at livelier libraries to be honest. Whether it was because it was a Friday night, I don’t know, but it was as bad as I can remember it here. It wasn’t a matter of a lack of numbers though, there was 20,000-plus at the game, the problem was a lack of sound from the stands.

The big picture might tell you many Cardiff supporters feel disenfranchised following events and decisions made by the club in recent seasons. The problem on the pitch is, of course, that the Bluebirds team doesn’t really supply anything to get the pulses racing.

The football is tedious and that has a way of transmitting itself to supporters. Even the celebrations for the goals was muted and I’ve never really witnessed that before. The home support was out sung by a few hundred Reading fans. A poor showing indeed, but until the Bluebirds players supply the thrills on the pitch the stands may well respond with stony silence.

Re: ' Cardiff City's Silent/Lifeless Stadium? '

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Spot on in every respect Annis. :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:53 pm

The club is divided from the top right down to the bottom. The atmosphere has been poor since moving into the new stadium which was the beginning.

It gradually got worse and has continued to do so since the rebrand. Until everybody at the club is pulling in the same direction it will continue to get worse in my opinion.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Ive been to one home game this season against Leeds and I thought the atmosphere was pretty good that day.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:56 pm

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the chaos behind the scenes in the last few years has worn the fans down.

Bringing back the blue would be a good start, but how do we convince the powers that be that the re-brand has been a disaster.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:57 pm

It's been rubbish for years even in the later years of Ninian Park it was quiet a lot of the time, personally i feel it's because of the small amount of success we have had, our attendances went from a few thousand hardcore fans to 20,000+ in a short space of time, obviously the rebrand and the layout of the CCS has not helped but it's goes a lot deeper than that
Last edited by CasuallyCasual on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Daft as it sounds but lot better on radio! But at end day lots grounds suffering from poor atmosphere (chelsea marino other day) and that's nothing to do with any rebrand!! Doesn't help but not cause. :thumbup:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Too many cunts go now, that's the bottom line.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Think it's just a sign of the times and the modern generation. The way we behaved back in the 70's wouldn't be tolerated by today's politically correct brigade. Prices mean a lot of the old style genuine, more vocal type of supporter can't afford to go any more. Not just Cardiff but grounds all around the country have lots of the prawn sandwich boys attending. Anfield, Old Trafford, and plenty of others have lost a lot of the atmosphere. I just think there's too much money involved now, fans can't mingle with the players like we used to, and as I said, the working class who were the backbone of the game back in the 70's have now been completely priced out of it.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:08 pm

I think even the loudest crowd would fall silent if they had to watch the shit that us cardiff fans watch ...... Saturdays atmosphere was especially awful but I put a lot of that down to the garbage that we witnessed :thumbup:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:09 pm

citygardens73 wrote:I think even the loudest crowd would fall silent if they had to watch the shit that us cardiff fans watch ...... Fridays atmosphere was especially awful but I put a lot of that down to the garbage that we witnessed :thumbup:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:10 pm

CasuallyCasual wrote:It's been rubbish for years even in the later years of Ninian Park it was quiet a lot of the time, personally i feel it's because of the small amount of success we have had, our attendances went from a few thousand hardcore fans to 20,000+ in a short space of time, obviously the rebrand and the layout of the CCS has not helped but it's goes a lot deeper than that

Certainly a factor. We all need to accept at NP it was dyer quite a few times. The increase numbers with us climbing up the leagues is the main factor to our atmosphere dying.

As far as I am concerned the move to CCS was an opportunity for the club to get rid of our unwanted intimidation. That really did finish that off.

There has been times when the atmosphere has been electric at CCS but it is only a handful. These have been mainly the important games like the play off against Leicester, when the Jacks are in town and when the real big boys of the premier came. However this does show that there is hope, that it is still there.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:10 pm

1. Glory fans who have no passion for City
2. Stadium does not hold the accoustics well, sound gets lost
3. Like minded, to spaced out
4. Only seem to want one section of the stadium singing
5. Lot of the old school leaving
6. Rivalries softening due to the prawn sandwich man looking down with a frown
7. Hooliganism dying out
8. No banter between home fans and away fans due to being other ends of the stadium
9. Tan
10. Red
11. False dawns
12. The mess we are in
13. The joke we have become
14. Ole
15. The price of fuel
Last edited by shinyBlueGlue on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:11 pm

The new stand also doesn't help the acoustics of the ground.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Times have moved on the days of chanting have gone even the Scotland England game last week was dead

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:13 pm

citygardens73 wrote:I think even the loudest crowd would fall silent if they had to watch the shit that us cardiff fans watch ...... Saturdays atmosphere was especially awful but I put a lot of that down to the garbage that we witnessed :thumbup:

Watched much worse shit years ago with much smaller crowds, but we still created an atmosphere. CCs and the later years at NP saw the atmosphere start to decline, and it seemed to get worse and worse as prices went up and up.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:14 pm

It's easy , boring on every count

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:21 pm

As people have mentioned above it was getting quieter and quieter at Ninian Park. The stadium can generate a great atmosphere as shown many times. Simply down to the fans, our fans would rather moan about the atmosphere than make an atmosphere.

The rebrand, the quality of football, Tan, Malky, Slade, pricing, standing sitting etc all has an impact on how a fan feels but if every fan decided they wanted to make some noise the place would be bouncing no doubt about it.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City's Silent/Lifeless Stadium? '

I fell in love with Cardiff City in the early 70's mainly because of the Passion that Cardiff City Fans once had. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Opinions Please?

Is it the Rebrand?

Is it due to the Owners?

What the Media are saying after Cardiff City's 5th Consecutive home win v Reading on Friday night.

To say the atmosphere at the Cardiff City Stadium during this encounter was like a library would be doing a libraries a disservice. I’ve been at livelier libraries to be honest. Whether it was because it was a Friday night, I don’t know, but it was as bad as I can remember it here. It wasn’t a matter of a lack of numbers though, there was 20,000-plus at the game, the problem was a lack of sound from the stands.

The big picture might tell you many Cardiff supporters feel disenfranchised following events and decisions made by the club in recent seasons. The problem on the pitch is, of course, that the Bluebirds team doesn’t really supply anything to get the pulses racing.

The football is tedious and that has a way of transmitting itself to supporters. Even the celebrations for the goals was muted and I’ve never really witnessed that before. The home support was out sung by a few hundred Reading fans. A poor showing indeed, but until the Bluebirds players supply the thrills on the pitch the stands may well respond with stony silence.

The atmosphere was poor but I couldn't hear the Reading fans. Suggestions to improve our atmosphere:
1 Get a drummer
2 Get a band
3 Get cheerleaders with microphones/loud hailers
4 Get some new songs
5 Get some more BLUE in the ground (flags scarves banners)
6 Get off our arses and sing
7 Get some decent football to cheer
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:The new stand also doesn't help the acoustics of the ground.

We were saying this before the new stand but the Scots laid that one to rest. f**k all wrong with the acoustics it's our fans. We're shit and we know we are :lol: :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 pm

markeMark wrote:Think it's just a sign of the times and the modern generation. The way we behaved back in the 70's wouldn't be tolerated by today's politically correct brigade. Prices mean a lot of the old style genuine, more vocal type of supporter can't afford to go any more. Not just Cardiff but grounds all around the country have lots of the prawn sandwich boys attending. Anfield, Old Trafford, and plenty of others have lost a lot of the atmosphere. I just think there's too much money involved now, fans can't mingle with the players like we used to, and as I said, the working class who were the backbone of the game back in the 70's have now been completely priced out of it.

find myself in agreement with you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:05 pm

All Seater Stadiums. If all four sides could stand like the canton. It would come back in an instant.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Mr Shed wrote:All Seater Stadiums. If all four sides could stand like the canton. It would come back in an instant.

All seater stadiums definitely have had an effect on the type of atmosphere we saw back in the 60's and 70's compared to now. I much preferred going to matches back then, but times have changed, attitudes are different, and those type of bouncing atmospheres and noise have gone forever. Give it a few more years, and goals will be celebrated with a polite ripple of applause, along the lines of when a Glamorgan batsman scores a single. :)

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Awful going to watch city nowaday's.They should start afresh next season and restructure the seating plans,get all like minded fans together and swap the canton with the family stand.Also first 3 blocks of ninian stand(next to away end)should be standing.Also f**k the police and the stewards,they are ruining it every game.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Agree with most of the above, also think that the hyper inflated ticket prices don't help.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:41 pm

get a new "grange-end" going next to the away fans, allow all fans there to stand and chant. give the prawns their own little section, is a first step

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:41 pm

annis,the majority are not enjoying the experience anymore......we go because we have done for years,but many myself included will question whether to renew next season......its just not fun anymore... :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:59 pm

bluebird04 wrote:get a new "grange-end" going next to the away fans, allow all fans there to stand and chant. give the prawns their own little section, is a first step

114 in ninian is shockingly quiet will probably move next year back to the canton only moved as my kids come with me and struggle to see in canton

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Opinions Please?

Is it the Rebrand?

Is it due to the Owners?

Many old school, passionate supporters (myself included) have walked away because of the rebrand. That is one factor.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:11 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:

Opinions Please?

Is it the Rebrand?

Is it due to the Owners?

Many old school, passionate supporters (myself included) have walked away because of the rebrand. That is one factor.

Mike, That is 100% TRUE, I said a few years ago it was hundreds, now I believe its a few thousand.