Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Great idea /Blue/Season Tickets/Vincent Tan '

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Taken from Mikes Board :thumbright:

Surely it's time we put some serious pressure on tan. This is the only way lets reclaim our club :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Given the increasing despondency, disinterest, apathy etc clearly felt by so many of us, is the following course of action possible: ?

Upon reciept of our renewal forms in the new year, every single season ticket holder who requires a return to blue sends the same letter, templated on both forums by someone more capable than me (perhaps someone in the legal proffesion) stating the following points;

1. At this initial stage we are unable to commit our financial support to the club while they continue to disrespect our history and tradition by playing in Red without a prominent Bluebird on our badge.

2 We , without prejudice, retain our right to renew our ticket by the deadline date , and will renew, should the club announce a return to blue and our traditional identity next season.

3.A continued desire to support CCFC long term and a wish to see our club prosper and move forward on and off the pitch.

4..A belief, however, that point 3 can only be achieved when the whole club and its fanbase are pulling in one direction and that this can only be achieved by a return to our true identity. It is now abundantly clear that the rebrand has failed and as such we now feel current withholding of our financial support is the only course of action left while the club continue to ignore the supporters wishes.

This would require 1000s of us to do this, as a few of us doing it would be pointless. It would also require us to stand firm regardless of league position and may ultimately mean giving up a season ticket you have had for many years.

Its an idea, I obviously think its a good one, but just putting it out there....

Re: Great idea on mikes board

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Great idea

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:14 am

Sounds like a great idea to me but will probably be greeted with apathy on here.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:16 am

Sounds good

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Great idea I'm up for this. We really need to get this going and gaining momentum.We all need stick together on this.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Good idea, not that I'm renewing but would send the letter.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:49 pm

This sort of thing needs to be broadcasting continually with perhaps a template on all of the forums for STs to use.

The club would be obliged to reply to each respondent but I doubt that would happen.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Great idea ! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:19 pm

good idea but!? it does not say wont be renuing st, just not doing so by deadline date set by club! what if they dont set date???? :old:
does the club not already know that fans dont want red?? :o

Re: ' Great idea /Blue/Season Tickets/Vincent Tan '

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Great idea I think this might even work aswell

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:07 pm

super kev legend wrote:Taken from Mikes Board :thumbright:

Surely it's time we put some serious pressure on tan. This is the only way lets reclaim our club :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Given the increasing despondency, disinterest, apathy etc clearly felt by so many of us, is the following course of action possible: ?

Upon reciept of our renewal forms in the new year, every single season ticket holder who requires a return to blue sends the same letter, templated on both forums by someone more capable than me (perhaps someone in the legal proffesion) stating the following points;

1. At this initial stage we are unable to commit our financial support to the club while they continue to disrespect our history and tradition by playing in Red without a prominent Bluebird on our badge.

2 We , without prejudice, retain our right to renew our ticket by the deadline date , and will renew, should the club announce a return to blue and our traditional identity next season.

3.A continued desire to support CCFC long term and a wish to see our club prosper and move forward on and off the pitch.

4..A belief, however, that point 3 can only be achieved when the whole club and its fanbase are pulling in one direction and that this can only be achieved by a return to our true identity. It is now abundantly clear that the rebrand has failed and as such we now feel current withholding of our financial support is the only course of action left while the club continue to ignore the supporters wishes.

This would require 1000s of us to do this, as a few of us doing it would be pointless. It would also require us to stand firm regardless of league position and may ultimately mean giving up a season ticket you have had for many years.

Its an idea, I obviously think its a good one, but just putting it out there....

I can't make up my mind whether this is a act of passive resistance or a call to total boycott. If it's the latter i have no beef with it as I'm not renewing anyway. He's had an opportunity to change us back, time for phase 2. :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:15 pm

If we dont go up, then I honestly think with No price Freeze and the price increases the Club have been doing,the Divide in our club from top to bottom, thanks to Tans orders,then it will be as low as 10,000-12,000 next season anyway.

If Supporters groups got together and said NO, then I honestly believe it could be as low as 5,000, then the Fans will have Won and finally shown Fan power :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Those two factors are what will decide next seasons season ticket sales.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Something needs doing and fast as our club is all but dead from top to bottom.Sounds like a good idea to me,lets do this :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Why do you always blame Tan??? He is not the manager of the team??? Are you not understanding anything?? YOU/WE took the money, we sold our souls, we should have stayed at Ninian Park. HERE WE ARE - RED. GET IT. I support our team out there. ALl of you that keep harping on about tradition, didn't you run around on the scream happy when we got promotion, in your red shirts??? Please....you did not save CCFC, where was your money??? I will carry on supporting Cardiff City even if we played in red..oh yeah..we already do.. :happy1:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Excellent idea . I would send the letter

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Great idea, but I fear maybe all to late, CCFC as we know it is a dead club walking, know body really cares any more, the rebrand has killed off our club, the apathy around this football club is tangible, we are loosing fans hand over fist, next seasons crowds could be a real embarrassment. We have two major clubs in Wales, one is going from strength to strength, the other is sinking quicker than the Titanic :oops:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:07 pm

I don't want to burst your bubble but point 2 is just nonsense, you have no right to "retain our right to renew our ticket by the deadline date , and will renew, should the club announce a return to blue and our traditional identity next season".
I'm not going to pretend to be a legal expert but I think you will find when you purchase a season ticket you will have accepted the terms and conditions set out by ccfc, probably somewhere in those terms will state that the ticket remains the property of ccfc and they have the right to withdraw or cancel it at anytime.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:13 am

kevforcity! wrote:Why do you always blame Tan??? He is not the manager of the team??? Are you not understanding anything?? YOU/WE took the money, we sold our souls, we should have stayed at Ninian Park. HERE WE ARE - RED. GET IT. I support our team out there. ALl of you that keep harping on about tradition, didn't you run around on the scream happy when we got promotion, in your red shirts??? Please....you did not save CCFC, where was your money??? I will carry on supporting Cardiff City even if we played in red..oh yeah..we already do.. :happy1:

Good grief.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
kevforcity! wrote:Why do you always blame Tan??? He is not the manager of the team??? Are you not understanding anything?? YOU/WE took the money, we sold our souls, we should have stayed at Ninian Park. HERE WE ARE - RED. GET IT. I support our team out there. ALl of you that keep harping on about tradition, didn't you run around on the scream happy when we got promotion, in your red shirts??? Please....you did not save CCFC, where was your money??? I will carry on supporting Cardiff City even if we played in red..oh yeah..we already do.. :happy1:

Good grief.

yea, unbelievable. :shock: :cry: (wouldn't you love to have him/her watching your back, eh ?? )

Blooobirds forever !!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:20 pm

I would definitely send that letter, although my other 3 letters have all gone unanswered by the club, but power in numbers - agreed.

ccfc blue.jpg

Blooobirds Forever !!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Only way the club will change it's stance on the current goings on, is if come August 2015 the team runs out to this... Sadly I can't see that happening any time soon. :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Amazing idea. You should really push this mate find the right help and get it done! Back the club into a corner. :bluescarf:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Amazing idea. You should really push this mate find the right help and get it done! Back the club into a corner. :bluescarf:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:I don't want to burst your bubble but point 2 is just nonsense, you have no right to "retain our right to renew our ticket by the deadline date , and will renew, should the club announce a return to blue and our traditional identity next season".
I'm not going to pretend to be a legal expert but I think you will find when you purchase a season ticket you will have accepted the terms and conditions set out by ccfc, probably somewhere in those terms will state that the ticket remains the property of ccfc and they have the right to withdraw or cancel it at anytime.

So you think say 1000 people sent the letter they would instantly cancel there current st's? Or ban them? Not a chance,

Negative thinking.

power in the numbers, this the best idea I've read regarding the fight for our club. Something needs to happen because we're just sitting back and watching our club rot from the inside out.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:30 am

Get this going do it properly and it just could work we all fans to pull together I can see 5000+ doing this if it's organised properly plus would draw a lot of media attention.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:16 am

nubbsy wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:I don't want to burst your bubble but point 2 is just nonsense, you have no right to "retain our right to renew our ticket by the deadline date , and will renew, should the club announce a return to blue and our traditional identity next season".

So you think say 1000 people sent the letter they would instantly cancel there current st's? Or ban them? Not a chance,

Negative thinking.

power in the numbers, this the best idea I've read regarding the fight for our club. Something needs to happen because we're just sitting back and watching our club rot from the inside out.

I'm not saying that, i'm simply trying to point out "You have no right" as the season ticket still remains the property of ccfc.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Negative thinking.

I'm not saying that, i'm simply trying to point out "You have no right" as the season ticket still remains the property of ccfc.

Doesn't matter. The point is the threat is there to change back to Blue or no renewal of the season ticket.
As Nubbsy says - a very negative post to what is a brilliant idea if done in thousands.

We just need somebody to carry this forward now.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm someone who was planning on renewing either way, but if this was something that was picked by the thousands then I too would join in :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post on this board, but ive been posting on CCMB for a while. It was me who put this idea on CCMB whilst my mind wandering, during XFactor on Sat night :laughing6: .

Ive been pleased to see mostly positive responses on both boards to the idea and just wanted to clarify a few things.

A couple of people on both boards have pointed out some flaws with the wording. I dont doubt there is, but my post was by no means a final draught, just a way of expressing the points I felt would need making. I am sure there is someone out there with legal experience who could word this in a way that doesnt mean people dont send a letter in incase the club withdraw their right to renew automatically

The whole point, as others have pointed out, is in the threat, but it requires significant numbers. Individually, our3/4/500 quid is fairly meaningless, but several thousands of us is not. Its not Tans billions, but im sure the club will be expecting an influx of cash in early Feb and if a significant portion of it was witheld, then, hopefully it'll get their attention. Im not naive, it wont be enough on its own, but if it opened up some MEANINGFUL dialogue with the club it would be a start. Its better than nothing. Hopefully it makes the point that I/We want to continue to support the club but just feel the current situation is unsustainable, cos thats how I, and I get the impression many others do to.

Finally, ive had a couple of PMs of someone who has experience of organising this type of thing (i wont name as I dont have their permission) whos pointed out a couple of practical pointers. It needs to be simple, perhaps an email copy and paste just requiring a fan no and name as this is more likely to get numbers. Secondly it needs the backing of the trust, supporters groups, forums etc. Where we have failed up to now imho, is arguing amongst ourselves and finding reasons not to campaign. Simplicity and Unity are the way forward :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Blueslippers wrote:Hi All,

This is my first post on this board, but ive been posting on CCMB for a while. It was me who put this idea on CCMB whilst my mind wandering, during XFactor on Sat night :laughing6: .

Ive been pleased to see mostly positive responses on both boards to the idea and just wanted to clarify a few things.

A couple of people on both boards have pointed out some flaws with the wording. I dont doubt there is, but my post was by no means a final draught, just a way of expressing the points I felt would need making. I am sure there is someone out there with legal experience who could word this in a way that doesnt mean people dont send a letter in incase the club withdraw their right to renew automatically

The whole point, as others have pointed out, is in the threat, but it requires significant numbers. Individually, our3/4/500 quid is fairly meaningless, but several thousands of us is not. Its not Tans billions, but im sure the club will be expecting an influx of cash in early Feb and if a significant portion of it was witheld, then, hopefully it'll get their attention. Im not naive, it wont be enough on its own, but if it opened up some MEANINGFUL dialogue with the club it would be a start. Its better than nothing. Hopefully it makes the point that I/We want to continue to support the club but just feel the current situation is unsustainable, cos thats how I, and I get the impression many others do to.

Finally, ive had a couple of PMs of someone who has experience of organising this type of thing (i wont name as I dont have their permission) whos pointed out a couple of practical pointers. It needs to be simple, perhaps an email copy and paste just requiring a fan no and name as this is more likely to get numbers. Secondly it needs the backing of the trust, supporters groups, forums etc. Where we have failed up to now imho, is arguing amongst ourselves and finding reasons not to campaign. Simplicity and Unity are the way forward :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Welcome aboard the Football Forum, The True Blue Forum :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Carl has pm you :thumbright: :bluescarf: