Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Great idea /Blue/Season Tickets/Vincent Tan '

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blueslippers wrote:Hi All,

This is my first post on this board, but ive been posting on CCMB for a while. It was me who put this idea on CCMB whilst my mind wandering, during XFactor on Sat night :laughing6: .

Ive been pleased to see mostly positive responses on both boards to the idea and just wanted to clarify a few things.

A couple of people on both boards have pointed out some flaws with the wording. I dont doubt there is, but my post was by no means a final draught, just a way of expressing the points I felt would need making. I am sure there is someone out there with legal experience who could word this in a way that doesnt mean people dont send a letter in incase the club withdraw their right to renew automatically

The whole point, as others have pointed out, is in the threat, but it requires significant numbers. Individually, our3/4/500 quid is fairly meaningless, but several thousands of us is not. Its not Tans billions, but im sure the club will be expecting an influx of cash in early Feb and if a significant portion of it was witheld, then, hopefully it'll get their attention. Im not naive, it wont be enough on its own, but if it opened up some MEANINGFUL dialogue with the club it would be a start. Its better than nothing. Hopefully it makes the point that I/We want to continue to support the club but just feel the current situation is unsustainable, cos thats how I, and I get the impression many others do to.

Finally, ive had a couple of PMs of someone who has experience of organising this type of thing (i wont name as I dont have their permission) whos pointed out a couple of practical pointers. It needs to be simple, perhaps an email copy and paste just requiring a fan no and name as this is more likely to get numbers. Secondly it needs the backing of the trust, supporters groups, forums etc. Where we have failed up to now imho, is arguing amongst ourselves and finding reasons not to campaign. Simplicity and Unity are the way forward :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Welcome aboard the Football Forum, The True Blue Forum :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Carl has pm you :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Great post blueslippers.
Annis, get on it!! ;)

:bluescarf: