Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CHED EVANS IS ALLOWED BACK '

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:I think this is all about guilt. As long as his conviction stands,I don't think he should wear a Wales shirt, but if SHeffield are willing to be involved in his rehabilitation, then that is fine. If he trains with the side, that would be good for him but I still have a problem with him playing and being seen as a role model.

If the conviction is overturned, I will be the first to welcome him into the fold. :thumbup:

If others who could be argued as role models were banned from their jobs, then you would have a point ( I still think he will get off on appeal and don't think he is guilty after reading about the case). However, while people like Leslie Grantham, who killed a taxi driver while robbing him at gunpoint are allowed to perform on TV, then why should Ched Evans be singled out?

Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:I watched the piece on the news and I admit my first reaction was that Ched Evans should be allowed to return to work, which happens to be football.

But i then found myself thinking ' hang on he is a convicted rapist! '.

What if that girl was a member of family of mine, how would I feel ?

I would be livid.

But is this more about his job which divides public opinion ?

If he was not a footballer who earns a vast amount of money, the public would neither have heard of him or the case and the convicted rapist could go back to work, if he found employment, but the fact he is on such a large omount of money and has celebrity status the rules of public opinion change.

Very difficult situation.

carl agree with your comments,he is a convicted sex offender,guilty unless proven innocent.....this crime is only surpassed by paedophillia.......but i guess to some if you served your time in side then this to is ok.....madness

Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:43 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:So if Evans is a rapist then what is the other bloke involved meant to be ?????

I don't think the three of them entered the room together. I am not sure she had even met Ched before he entered the room later.....

Correct, the Clayton guy not sure of his second name sent a text to come around as he managed to bring a girl back to where he was staying.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:12 pm

The Ched Evans debate
12/11/14 10:20pm

Sheffield United are under increasing pressure after allowing convicted rapist Ched Evans to return to the club and train.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... ans-debate?

Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:31 pm

DanielHopkins18 wrote:Annis I also believe he is innocent, Would love to see him back in football

Only because he's Welsh.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:28 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:So if Evans is a rapist then what is the other bloke involved meant to be ?????

I don't think the three of them entered the room together. I am not sure she had even met Ched before he entered the room later.....

No they did not enter the hotel together, Ched came afterwards.

I am not defending Ched because rape is an evil & despicable crime but she may have met Ched & its quite possible before the night in question or even known of the victim & her alleged ( and I read a few comments/posts before the case came to court if these are true) reputation in Rhyl.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:53 am

Events like this there is a line you don't cross.

The girl was drunk or well intoxicated going on all the reports. Evans and his mates should have left it there. They didn't and the outcome is Evans ended up in prison.

Evans crossed the line knowing the girl was intoxicated.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:33 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Events like this there is a line you don't cross.

The girl was drunk or well intoxicated going on all the reports. Evans and his mates should have left it there. They didn't and the outcome is Evans ended up in prison.

Evans crossed the line knowing the girl was intoxicated.

Complete sense above :thumbup:

It would appear Evans (and possibly his mate) saw an opportunity for "a lads legover" and whilst it appears the first guy was 'with' the girl on the night in question, Evans appears to have came along afterwards and "seized the opportunity" for so-called 'sloppy seconds'

The way I think the jury might have looked at it is simply that the girl wasn't 'with' Evans on the night, she was drunk and probably didn't really know what was going on when he entered the room

In short, they would have likely concluded that he took advantage (regardless of any suppose 'reputation' she may or may not have in the area) and had non-consensual sex, i.e. rape in Law, when ultimately when he should have let it be

Whether he plays professional football or not is a matter for others to decide and I guess we should defend his right to continue with his life now that he has served his time, although that is complicated by the very public career he has.

From a Sheffield United supporter perspective, I would be thinking he actually cost them promotion when he was convicted. Until then, he had been prolific in front of goal and the season petered out without their free-scoring talisman!

We must also accept that some people (Jessica Ennis, who has a young child is one high-profile example) will not want to be associated with an institution that would accept him into their fold. That is their right, as much as it is Evans to attempt (a) clear his name, and (b) resume his gifted career

As for those who 'support' what Evans did, I suggest you look at Carl's post somewhere above and ask yourselves the same questions as he did, as it isn't any different because it's "Ched Evans the football star" and most of the same people would be on here asking for the keys to be thrown away if it were some other (unknown) guy from dow the road! :cry:

Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:39 pm

popeye21 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:I think this is all about guilt. As long as his conviction stands,I don't think he should wear a Wales shirt, but if SHeffield are willing to be involved in his rehabilitation, then that is fine. If he trains with the side, that would be good for him but I still have a problem with him playing and being seen as a role model.

If the conviction is overturned, I will be the first to welcome him into the fold. :thumbup:

If others who could be argued as role models were banned from their jobs, then you would have a point ( I still think he will get off on appeal and don't think he is guilty after reading about the case). However, while people like Leslie Grantham, who killed a taxi driver while robbing him at gunpoint are allowed to perform on TV, then why should Ched Evans be singled out?

I didn't say the likes of Leslie Grantham should be allowed to enjoy celebrity status.

The girl in question, at worst made an error of judgement by going to the room. You cannot call rape an error of judgement. It is a vile act of total power exercised against someone who doesn't want it. If any man takes advantage of a girl who is drunk and not capable of giving consent, he is a rapist. Fact. Ched has been convicted.

Judging by the way members of the exec have resigned over this issue at Sheffield and Jessica Ennis having stated her case, there are plenty who would not want Evans playing again unless his conviction is overturned. I feel the same.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:46 am

With her on the night, yeah that Clayton was with her for a good 10 minutes before drafting her back.