Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CITY ONCE AGAIN BEAT THE ONCE MIGHTY LEEDS/ BUT "

Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:59 pm

" CARDIFF CITY ONCE AGAIN BEAT THE ONCE MIGHTY LEEDS/BUT "

My View

But in my opinion made hard work of beating a very very poor Leeds side,but at the end of the day 3pts are 3pts,so well done City,City not really tested today though,but as they say, you can only beat what's put in front of you :thumbright:

You have to say Well Done Slade, 9pts from his first 12pts :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: " CARDIFF CITY 3 LEEDS UNITED 1 " :bluescarf:

Crowd 24',220

City line up v Leeds: Marshall, Brayford, Fabio, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Pilkington, Le Fondre, Macheda.
Subs Moore, Gabbidon, Connolly, Ravel, Ralls, Jones, Maynard.

Cardiff City brimming with confidence after winning their last 2 home games on the trot, faced a Leeds United team who had not won since the beginning of September.

One minutes silence for the British Soldiers Poppy appeal from the fans turned in to City fans calling Leeds fans scum for singing during it,but apparently it was the Leeds fans on the concourse singing we are Leeds. :shock: :o

Leeds fans taunted City fans with you use to be Blue,now your red. :bluescarf:

City started the game brightly and had the ball 99% of the first 15 mins in the Leeds half, Peter Whittingham had a free kick saved.

Whittingham was given a free reign by Leeds and they were allowing him to much space,I think Whitts should of taken advantage of it.

There was Strong appeals for a penalty from the City support as Macheda appeared to be held back inside the box,but nothing was given?

City had a a free kick,Whitts took it and Le Fondre headed it well wide.

First half for me,Leeds were not just poor but very poor and City failed to take advantage of it.

0-0 half time

Ralls come on for Pilkinghton.

First 10 minutes City in control again,but nothing really at the end of it.

As time was going on,it was all Cardiff and in the 60th minute Manga made it one nil City :thumbright:

Russell Slade went mental running down the line

Then within minutes Macheda made it 2 nil City :thumbright:

But City let Leeds back in with a goal,a scrappy goal in my opinion and no need for it. 2-1 City.

Kenwyne Jones came on Macheda in the 74minute.
Ravel for Le Fondre in the 80th minute.

Leeds then had a mix up in their defence and Yes 3-1 Cardiff City, Kenwyne Jones scored. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

City not really tested today.

The last 10 minutes City passed well and over all it was always City who were going to Win :thumbright: :thumbright:

3pts for City against a very very poor Leeds Side,next up Bolton away Tuesday night,then Brum away, 6 more pts available :thumbright:

Re: " CITY ONCE AGAIN BEAT THE ONCE MIGHTY LEEDS/ BUT "

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Annis that was a fantastic performance the passing at the end to run down the clock just topped it off for me Slade's Barmy Army. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Annis, Leeds were very very poor and clearly didn't come to us to play attacking football. I think it took us 45 minutes to suss them out, then we bossed them in the second half.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Totally agree. Leeds was very poor with Cardiff only less poor. But like Morinho just said. Its important to win matches you play poor.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Correct Annis once mighty, I reckon they could get relegated. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Would've liked to have seen Kenwynne play the whole game they couldn't handle him.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:14 pm

GarethBrad wrote:Would've liked to have seen Kenwynne play the whole game they couldn't handle him.

True, but to be honest, I found him frustratingly lazy at points too.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Leeds were poor, we were slightly better but not impressive in any way. No outstanding performances with the exception of Manga.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:03 pm

What a sad bunch we all are- we win 3-1, third home win on the bounce, and even in the OP title there has to be a "but".

On another day we might have scored 6 - we kept going and took Leeds apart second half; I agree they were poor but the City are coming off the back of a long downer with last season and the start of this.

Give the boys some credit.

CTID.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Hard work? :lol:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Annis that was a fantastic performance the passing at the end to run down the clock just topped it off for me Slade's Barmy Army. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes the second half, we really improved and stepped up a gear :thumbright:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:45 pm

KWest wrote:Annis, Leeds were very very poor and clearly didn't come to us to play attacking football. I think it took us 45 minutes to suss them out, then we bossed them in the second half.

I agree Leeds were very very poor,but as they say you can only beat what's put in front of you :thumbright:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Totally agree. Leeds was very poor with Cardiff only less poor. But like Morinho just said. Its important to win matches you play poor.

We will be tested at Bolton on Tuesday night.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:46 pm

JAWS wrote:Correct Annis once mighty, I reckon they could get relegated. :ayatollah:

No longer the mighty Leeds, once we all had to look up at them, no longer.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:48 pm

GarethBrad wrote:Would've liked to have seen Kenwynne play the whole game they couldn't handle him.

And I would of, I want to know if he is lazy :lol: plus Matt, I want to see back out there again :thumbright:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:48 pm

LonCar wrote:Leeds were poor, we were slightly better but not impressive in any way. No outstanding performances with the exception of Manga.

I reckon Bolton will tell us a lot about how much we have improved :thumbright:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:50 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:What a sad bunch we all are- we win 3-1, third home win on the bounce, and even in the OP title there has to be a "but".

On another day we might have scored 6 - we kept going and took Leeds apart second half; I agree they were poor but the City are coming off the back of a long downer with last season and the start of this.

Give the boys some credit.

CTID.

Yes I can't help it as I honestly thought we did play a very poor Leeds side today.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Hard work? :lol:

:lol:

I honestly thought we made hard work of a game against a team like Leeds who lately have been awful.

But we won, that's what really matters :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:54 pm

No Buts from me,totally happy tonite.Played well in my opinion,scored 3 and could have had 5 or 6.Not a bad atmosphere with a good crowd.And old Russell showing such passion after the first goal towards the Canton!!!
Most important 3points in the bag :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
No Butts from me tonite :D :D :D

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:56 pm

theclaw wrote:No Buts from me,totally happy tonite.Played well in my opinion,scored 3 and could have had 5 or 6.Not a bad atmosphere with a good crowd.And old Russell showing such passion after the first goal towards the Canton!!!
Most important 3points in the bag :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
No Butts from me tonite :D :D :D

:lol:

Yes RUSSELL certainly showing passion, love that :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 pm

KWest wrote:

What match were you watching then? def not lazy today

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Playing 2 teams in the bottom 3 next surely we should get a few. Moreover, we are only 5 or 6 points off the top few teams all of which have to come to us...long way to go yet. Only a few weeks ago forest were top now we are level with them. :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Thought we played well today with a bit of luck and 3Inches le fondre could of had 2 before half time. But d2nd half after 60 whenmanga started ball rolling we were flying. Arse went a little at 2-1 but held on and then pushed on to make3-1. Cant call Kenwyn lazy today to be fair his persistence caused third goal. Bolton will be tough Neil lennon will look for responses. Then bring on brum. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:52 pm

I know you said you'd judge him after 12 games Annis, but thoughts on Russell Slade so far?

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Continuity... I'm not going to go on, because it's important we bring the other squad players in because it will bite us on ass at the end of the season. For now we are building confidence . It's knowing when to rotate

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Annis that was a fantastic performance the passing at the end to run down the clock just topped it off for me Slade's Barmy Army. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was going to post this as well, as watching the Leeds players running around chasing shadows, reminded me of Leeds doing it to other teams in their heyday!

Payback time for all the teams that chased shadows back in the 70's! :D :old:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

I was going to post this as well, as watching the Leeds players running around chasing shadows, reminded me of Leeds doing it to other teams in their heyday!

Payback time for all the teams that chased shadows back in the 70's! :D :old:

It was almost like watching Barcelona it was a joy to watch more of that please Mr Slade. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:05 pm

goats wrote:Playing 2 teams in the bottom 3 next surely we should get a few. Moreover, we are only 5 or 6 points off the top few teams all of which have to come to us...long way to go yet. Only a few weeks ago forest were top now we are level with them. :bluescarf:

Goats it's starting to get back in to our hands :thumbright: but I won't get carried away yet.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:10 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:Thought we played well today with a bit of luck and 3Inches le fondre could of had 2 before half time. But d2nd half after 60 whenmanga started ball rolling we were flying. Arse went a little at 2-1 but held on and then pushed on to make3-1. Cant call Kenwyn lazy today to be fair his persistence caused third goal. Bolton will be tough Neil lennon will look for responses. Then bring on brum. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I want to see Kenwyne Jones in a full game again soon :thumbright:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Igovernor wrote:
KWest wrote:

What match were you watching then? def not lazy today

He made some runs, and chased down some balls, but then made absolutely no effort for others. The guy was stood on the halfway line at one point, strolling casually, whilst the rest of the team pushed up.

He's a beast, and I'm happy for his goals, but this is not the man to lead our strike force IMO