who is the hardest man you have come across?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: who is the hardest man you have come across?

Postby ngriffiths » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 am

i new paul woods well,passed away now,he played for my local,ashvale,used to go and watch them play,teams used to shit themselves when he played,
ngriffiths

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby moz-dublin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:22 am

i once got involved in a spat with bertie bassett over a french fancy,he broke bones that i didnt know i had
moz-dublin

Postby Jasonccfc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I have met Roy Shaw a good few times, he was and still is one of London's main faces, only bloke ever to beat Lennie Maclean in a bare knuckle fight, he went under the name of Pretty Bo his auto-biography is a great ready Shaw,his auto-biography is a great read.

He must be well into his 70's now but still exudes a dangerous aura about him, he ain't the biggets bloke around, but he got hands like shovels.

think lennie lost to a few gwyn im sure one was a gypsy??
roy shaw is defenetly an hardman theres no fear in his eyes like a great white shark..
Jasonccfc

Postby DirtDevil » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:22 am

Don't think he'd want his name to be said but a certain bouncer who runs his own security company in the Birmingham area :ayatollah:
DirtDevil

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:22 am

Johnny non stop, John James a Traveller. British bare knuckle champion.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ccfc Shane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Myself at times...

When Cheryl Cole is on the TV. :lol:

:ayatollah:
Cardiff City Football Club
Ccfc Shane

Postby bloo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Colin Jones the boxer. A lovely guy but not a person to get on the wrong side of. He decked both the Moriarty brothers (ex Wales rugby players) when they were playing up (as rugby players always do when they have too much beer) in his pub.
bloo

Location: Mostly in London WE GET EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING!

Postby NIGELNIGLE » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:47 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:a guy called ''dai fags'' from porth hands like jcb buckets

I remember around 20 years ago Dai Fags had a row with a youngster in the Central Hotel in Clydach. Well the kid went and fetched his uncle (local bully who I won't name here) big guy 6' plus 18 stoner. He came in the pub really up for it and shouted " who's this Dai Fags then?" Dai walked over to him and knocked him out cold with one short jab. Dai told me that he didn't give him his best shot - "just a little tap to let him know I was there".
Dai's not too well these days but getting on with it fair play, Legend.
NIGELNIGLE

Postby backwithabang » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Big John Farrugia from the docks in Cardiff, anyone who knows anything about real hard man and who has met or heard about Farrugia will know he is the man
backwithabang

Postby Matt D » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:56 am

One common theme here is that the hardest men aren't necessarily aggressive fuckers who scream and shout - they don't start trouble, they just finish it!
Matt D

Postby Jacktastic » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Jinks wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:I have met Roy Shaw a good few times, he was and still is one of London's main faces, only bloke ever to beat Lennie Maclean in a bare knuckle fight, he went under the name of Pretty Bo his auto-biography is a great ready Shaw,his auto-biography is a great read.

He must be well into his 70's now but still exudes a dangerous aura about him, he ain't the biggets bloke around, but he got hands like shovels.

roy shaw is defenetly an hardman theres no fear in his eyes like a great white shark..

Roy Shaw is now dead.
Jacktastic

Postby Mario Polotelli » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Fine line between a hard man and a bully.
Mario Polotelli

Postby tigerblue » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 pm

backwithabang wrote:Big John Farrugia from the docks in Cardiff, anyone who knows anything about real hard man and who has met or heard about Farrugia will know he is the man

Had a little scrap with Nodge when we were about 6 what a beast he turned into wouldn't go near him unless I had a tank , on the same note proper old school gent and never a bully
tigerblue

Postby shinyBlueGlue » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Gougy - would be fine until he took his glasses off and then all hell would break loose. Seem him fight gypsys and they respected him. To look at him you would not think much, but mess with him, especially if tje glasses come off it was game over. Very few matched him
City Till I Die
shinyBlueGlue

Postby Jasonccfc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Ackers wrote:I am reading Malcolm Price's book 'Street Warrior'. He was a really hard guy. Also coming from Mountain Ash I would also say Les Miles who use to run the doors around here. He has also been Security for Man Utd and Chelsea, he was charged with Jose Mourinho and Steve Clarke over something to do in the Barcelona game.

Would you have put Les Miles up against Stano or lukey over the years Ackers?
Jasonccfc

Postby CF64 BLUE » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:55 pm

The Trooper wrote:Paul Woods was going to be my shout !

Never actually seen him play RL, but went to Wigan on tour and he's a legend up there !

He also played RL for Cardiff ! He was as wide as he was tall, I think he has passed away now, he used to play football on a sunday morning in the North Gwent league and he terrorised every one in it !

He was treasurer for the club, no-one forgot to pay their subs !

He was a genuine "hard man" used to frighten the shit out of people just looking at him. Saw him play RL for the Blue Dragons and he was a bit of a nutter. Only about 5'10 if that and no more than 13 st but would bet him against any of the aforementioned if they disappeared down a blind alley..he would be the one to reappear even if half his face was missing.
RIP mate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obitu ... 65308.html
CF64 BLUE

Postby aberfanblue » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:51 pm

The spewer brothers from tonyrefail 3 of them right handfull
aberfanblue

Postby AJ1927 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:32 pm

I jizzed on my dad's chest once....

Oh wait....

Have I read the title wrong?

:oops:
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Postby Tommytynansjockstrap » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Wash DC Blue wrote:Anyone know Barko from Ringland?
He has a reputation as being one of the hardest lads in Newport.
Supposed to be a good guy as well.

Yes I know Barko Mark Wheeler used to work with him nice guy as well but dont get on the wrong side of him :o
Tommytynansjockstrap

Postby BigGwynram » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Jacktastic wrote:
Jinks wrote:

I went to his funeral near Waltham Abbey, think it was compulsory to have a broken nose to attend.

Roy Shaw is now dead.
BigGwynram

Postby Hoochie Coochie Blues » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Ackers wrote:I am reading Malcolm Price's book 'Street Warrior'. He was a really hard guy. Also coming from Mountain Ash I would also say Les Miles who use to run the doors around here. He has also been Security for Man Utd and Chelsea, he was charged with Jose Mourinho and Steve Clarke over something to do in the Barcelona game.

To be honest.....Malcolm Price was a kunt, if you looked at him the wrong way he would half kill you.

Got his comeuppance in the end though....when that kid bit his nose off. :lol:
Hoochie Coochie Blues

Postby taffy123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:16 pm

john bateman. CCFC :malky: :malky: :malky:
taffy123

Postby taffy123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:36 pm

splottbluebird wrote:john smith-- steve anning,, unleicensed boxers i go to almost every show they put on they both animals i wouldnt go toe 2 toe with none of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZAO8uUBmxI CCFC :malky: :malky: :malky:
taffy123

Postby splottbluebird48 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:07 pm

John Inman
splottbluebird48

Postby splottbluebird48 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Ken Dodd could be menacing with his tickling stick
splottbluebird48

Postby popeye21 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Jeff Davies - Someone bumped into him in the welly years ago and he went into the bloke next to him who was a gypsey who had spilled his drink. The gypsey wanted him to step outside, but Jeff apologised and offered to buy him a pint, but both were declined. They went outside and although the gypsey was about 6" taller and 5 stone heavier after about 20 - 25 minutes and two teeth lighter the gypsey said that he'd had enough. Jeff helped him up and bought him the pint he'd offered originally, which astonished the gypsey and most of those in the Welly. Jeff was the first from outside the far east to complete the challenge of fighting 100 martial arts experts one after the other.

On a lighter note when having a similar conversation about hard men, Graham Marshall mentioned the cleaner who used to work at Bass Brewery. He was having a drink in Trowbidge ,Cardiff when some yob came in and left the door open. The women cleaner who was in another group got up and shut the door as she was in the draught. The yob opened the door again, so the cleaner shut it again, but as she turned around the yob punched her in the face and she fell backwards through the door with the yob following her outside. Graham got up saying ' I'm not having that', but his mate pulled him back saying that ' She can handle herself'. Graham wouldn't listen and followed them outside, but came quickly back in saying to his mate 'Your right she can handle herself and I didn't want to witness anymore'. The cleaner had the yob by the scruff of the neck and the seat of his pants and was swinging him back and fore bashing his head against the wall.
popeye21

Postby BABluebird » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 pm

My grandfather, hardest fooker I ever heard of. Butcher by day. Doorman in his spare time :shock: :shock: :shock:
Took NO prisoners.
TAN OOT
BABluebird

Postby x grangetown » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:51 pm

CRAIG HOSKINS SAY NO MORE :lol:
x grangetown

Postby jtc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:56 pm

i know a couple of the ccfc south west terror squad.never a backward step taken(nor a forward one either) :laughing6:
jtc

Postby Deancallow8 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Barko is sound played Rugby League with bro hard has f**k but nice guy. Paul Woods from Tredegar was a animal hard has f*cking nails played football against him in North Gwent League when he played for Chartis Club. Always remember playing them on cold December morning ball went in river and it was f*cking freezing in he jumped swam across got it and just carried on i was frozen just watching him. Another boy i heard a lot about was Gavin Owen from Rhondda suppose to be tuff nut!
Deancallow8

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat