Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mass boycott

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:52 am

That's the only hope now of making a statement to Tan. We're all as bad as one another saying we hate the man and what he's doing but yet still turning up for games. When he says 90% of the fans are still behind him, he's right because people are buying tickets and then buying his beer and burgers. You can buy your drinks and food elsewhere and let him pay staff for standing around doing nothing, with all food being wasted too. If we do boycott a game as iv mentioned in another thread, we need 10,000 people (minimum) to commit to it.

Ps I'm not telling anybody what to do, it's a suggestion and an opinion.

Can anyone take control of the situation and make this happen?

Re: Mass boycott

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:09 am

I didn't think the club had any involvement with the catering etc. Correct me if I'm wrong :thumbup:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:11 am

i agree this would be a big statement but dont think we would get the numbers to boycott

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:18 am

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:That's the only hope now of making a statement to Tan. We're all as bad as one another saying we hate the man and what he's doing but yet still turning up for games. When he says 90% of the fans are still behind him, he's right because people are buying tickets and then buying his beer and burgers. You can buy your drinks and food elsewhere and let him pay staff for standing around doing nothing, with all food being wasted too. If we do boycott a game as iv mentioned in another thread, we need 10,000 people (minimum) to commit to it.

sorry id rather watch the team i support than boycott it, i go because i love my cloub and the experience and the day out, dont care what colour as long as i have my team to support

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:23 am

Lol.....10,0000!!! You must be on drugs mate!

You'd be lucky to get 200

I won't be doing it. I will be supporting the team not walking out and wasting the money I've spent on a season ticket

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 am

The last two post just shows it wont happen, doing it when its on sky so you can still watch the game and it be beamed world wide.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:05 am

jezzy666 wrote:
Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:That's the only hope now of making a statement to Tan. We're all as bad as one another saying we hate the man and what he's doing but yet still turning up for games. When he says 90% of the fans are still behind him, he's right because people are buying tickets and then buying his beer and burgers. You can buy your drinks and food elsewhere and let him pay staff for standing around doing nothing, with all food being wasted too. If we do boycott a game as iv mentioned in another thread, we need 10,000 people (minimum) to commit to it.

sorry id rather watch the team i support than boycott it, i go because i love my cloub and the experience and the day out, dont care what colour as long as i have my team to support

Hence why I said I'm not telling anybody what to do.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:07 am

Roathblue33 wrote:Lol.....10,0000!!! You must be on drugs mate!

You'd be lucky to get 200

I won't be doing it. I will be supporting the team not walking out and wasting the money I've spent on a season ticket

Not on drugs, I didn't say we'd get 10k. I'd said that's what we'd need to make a statement. I haven't said that you have to waste your money not going either, I only suggested a boycott. Iv paid good money as well and I find it hard to turn my back on it but it's not as fun as it used to be watching city, do u agree with that?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:50 am

The OP asks if anyone can take control of the situation, and make a boycott happen. The answer, surely, is 'no'.

Boycots have been arranged in Italy, but the fan culture there is very different. The Ultra have a lot of influence, political, financial, and can 'persuade' doubters. In contrast, there is no equivalent in this country.

Our tradition is to support our club through thick and thin. These are thin times, indeed, and not the time to quit. It's our club, not Tan's. This era will pass.

As for the existing 'boycotters', will they return? I know a handful in North Cardiff, and they all say that they won't be back, whatever happens now.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:53 am

The fact that you sggested that we need 10k to commit is totally laughable and as I said you would be lucky to get 200 to commit

As far as it being as much fun as it used to be depends on what your situation is I suppose. I go down with my old man and I'm loving watching it as much as ive ever done

You need to realise that the vast majority of fans whilst they would prefer to be in blue and possibly have Tan out would rather turn up week in week out to support Cardiff and enjoy the afternoon out and watch premiership football. The vast majority of fans are not concerned about protests and stupid boycots and wont get involved

Do you think kids growing up watching Cardiff are bothered about playing in red? No of course not. They would rather be watching the likes of Van persie and Ronney etc come down to Cardiff

I wont be getting involved in any protest or boycots and will continue to support the boys what ever colour they wear and whoever owns the club because I support Cardiff City

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:57 am

I only wish people like you would boycott. Only for good.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Our stadium is far too big for us. There'll be no reason to buy a season ticket next year- Theres my protest.

If it's cold, raining or a small team i'll stay at home and watch a premier league match on my laptop. The joys of being a customer. Tan was right, its better being a customer than a fan, fcuk loyalty

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:56 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Our stadium is far too big for us. There'll be no reason to buy a season ticket next year- Theres my protest.

If it's cold, raining or a small team i'll stay at home and watch a premier league match on my laptop. The joys of being a customer. Tan was right, its better being a customer than a fan, fcuk loyalty

You are joking?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:36 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Our stadium is far too big for us. There'll be no reason to buy a season ticket next year- Theres my protest.

haha what a complete tool, there for the big guns then. You are a perfect example of a modern day football fan.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Agreed!

And missing the point completely!

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:18 pm

It's not going to happen I'm afraid, not in the current climate. Look at some if the replies here? Some are more concerned about the £20 they have spent than on the clubs identity and soul being ripped up and castaway. It's endemic throughout modern society, let's just accept what's thrown at us and get on with it. All one can really do is continue to stay away, leave them to it in what must be the worst ever atmosphere at cardiff city games in decades. Christ even 3000 made more noise back in 1988!

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Problem is it's us forum users who feel most strongly about things, and only account for a small percentage of fans. Most supporters don't really care about the owner or the colour of our shirts. They may be prepared to hold a blue scarf in the air for a minute during a game, but that's about as far as you'll get. :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:57 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:

You are joking?

Only about the premier league bit.

I won't buy a season ticket in the first phase, let him sweat, not financially he could afford to have no fans in the stadium, but publically that its reached its conclusion and he has lost. I generally miss 4/5 games a year through holidays or work, so the cost wouldn't be an issue.
Its the fact they count season ticket as actual attendance, its probably 16K a game at present, but they say 21K. He won't want 12K attendances which could be on the cards.....

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Sorry but I remember some pretty dire atmospheres down Ninian Park where you could hear a pin drop

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Do they actually count all season tickets as actuall attendances?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Roathblue33 wrote:Do they actually count all season tickets as actuall attendances?

They do.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Ridiculous

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Is she Geoff Boycotts sister

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Roathblue33 wrote:Agreed!

And missing the point completely!

I was highlighting the opposite side of Tans "customer" arguement. If we are customers, I'll act as customers.

If we are fans, i'll be loyal and act as a fan.

He can't have it both ways !!!!!

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Roathblue33 wrote:Sorry but I remember some pretty dire atmospheres down Ninian Park where you could hear a pin drop

agreed....but many many very good times too...please dont forget those.. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Roathblue33 wrote:The fact that you sggested that we need 10k to commit is totally laughable and as I said you would be lucky to get 200 to commit

As far as it being as much fun as it used to be depends on what your situation is I suppose. I go down with my old man and I'm loving watching it as much as ive ever done

You need to realise that the vast majority of fans whilst they would prefer to be in blue and possibly have Tan out would rather turn up week in week out to support Cardiff and enjoy the afternoon out and watch premiership football. The vast majority of fans are not concerned about protests and stupid boycots and wont get involved

Do you think kids growing up watching Cardiff are bothered about playing in red? No of course not. They would rather be watching the likes of Van persie and Ronney etc come down to Cardiff

I wont be getting involved in any protest or boycots and will continue to support the boys what ever colour they wear and whoever owns the club because I support Cardiff City

I have exactly the same stance on you on this mate. Somehow i am enjoying it as much as ever too with my old man and brother, and same goes with alot of people i know.

I dont know of anyone with a season ticket who would consider boycotting a game.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Keep wearing blue - keep the 19.27 going and keep chanting Bloooooobirds, let in never go away :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: