Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF & CARDIFF IN MY OPINION

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 am

" VINCENT TAN MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF?/ INSTEAD OF SORTING OUT THE PROBLEMS HE HAS CREATED HIMSELF AT CARDIFF CITY "

My Opinion.

Once again the Tan Circus has started up again,by no other than Tan himself.

Tan has gone out to the media this week,yet again having ago at our fans over the demonstrations,Malky over his spending and football agents.

We have heard all this time and time again over the last year from Tan.

Yet all the success Tan has had at Cardiff in the last 4-5 years was under Malky.

By the way,this topic is not a stick up for Malky,it's about how obsessed Tan is with bringing up time and time again the same old stories.

Malky has held his hands up,Malky has been smashed to pieces in all the worlds media and Malky is unemployed.

So I honestly can't understand why Tan is still obsessed ?
Surely Tan should just sort out the current mess at Cardiff City,he has created himself.

" MAY BE TAN SHOULD LOOK AT WHAT HE HAS ACHIEVED AT CARDIFF CITY "

As in the last 4-5 years, Tan has

Had 5 Chief executives :shock:
Had 4 football managers :shock:
Run the clubs debts up to a staggering £170 million :shock: :shock:
Been promoted under Malky,but now back in the middle of the Championship.
Crowds now less than when Tan arrived.
A divided club from top to bottom.
Cardiff City no longer have their true identity.
The Worlds media laughing at us.
City now in a worse state than ever before in their history.

What are we actually worth now?

What assets do we actually have ?

How about sorting the current mess at Cardiff City out,instead of going over and over the same old stuff in the media and we are in a mess,let's not pretend we are not and if we don't go back up this season,we will be in an even worse mess.

IF YOU FEEL I AM WRONG,YOUR OPINIONS ARE WELCOME :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF & CARDIFF IN MY OPINION

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:26 am

From FB

Lisa Cox Mapley Coxy I agree tbh every bloody word fed up of it all had more than enough
14 mins ·

Anthony Ccfc Fleming Tan is a fool
2 mins ·

Steven Pasch Spot on. It's just a waiting game for me. He will go eventually, and we will get our club back to our identity however I'm not looking forward to what it's going to take for the pieces to be picked up
3 hrs ·

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:29 am

Spot on ANNIS...this man is a fool ,he has run up the debts brought in one inexperienced manager on silly money...
and now brought in one from the lower leagues on the cheap...appointed Dalman who doesn t appear to have a clue what he is doing... we are now a mid table championship side.

After 5 years of being up around the top of the championship and then in the premier league we are back where we were 5-6 years ago.

people can rant at me and say we have the best squad in the division...on paper maybe... but no leaders in there.. and I am not convinced Slade is the man to lead us back.. he is 53 if he had that much potential we would have had the opportunity long before.

Until Tan goes and we go back to blue ..we will continue to tread water as a club or even sink. If Slade gets us up in the next two years I will be the first to come on here and say I was wrong , but I am not holding my breath..and I don t care how many come on here and call me a numpty...it is MY opinion...

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:46 am

kimble wrote:Spot on ANNIS...this man is a fool ,he has run up the debts brought in one inexperienced manager on silly money...
and now brought in one from the lower leagues on the cheap...appointed Dalman who doesn t appear to have a clue what he is doing... we are now a mid table championship side.

After 5 years of being up around the top of the championship and then in the premier league we are back where we were 5-6 years ago.

people can rant at me and say we have the best squad in the division...on paper maybe... but no leaders in there.. and I am not convinced Slade is the man to lead us back.. he is 53 if he had that much potential we would have had the opportunity long before.

Until Tan goes and we go back to blue ..we will continue to tread water as a club or even sink. If Slade gets us up in the next two years I will be the first to come on here and say I was wrong , but I am not holding my breath..and I don t care how many come on here and call me a numpty...it is MY opinion...

Only the ignorant will call you a numpty going on that post.

The project Cardiff City has been a total disaster for Tan and it is all his doing. He stands to lose a large chunk of his fortune.
Personally I feel he is about to lose a lot more and has taken on a risk with Slade. Slade needs 2 seasons to sort his department out and this is going to cost. Problem is there is no guarantee of promotion which is a must. It is not worth thinking about what Tan will do if promotion is not achieved in this time.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:" VINCENT TAN MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF/ INSTEAD OF SORTING OUT THE PROBLEMS HE HAS CREATED HIMSELF AT CARDIFF CITY "

My Opinion.

Tan has gone out to the media this week,yet again having ago at our fans over the demonstrations,Malky over his spending and football agents.

Yet all the success Tan has had at Cardiff in the last 4-5 years was under Malky.

By the way,this topic is not a stick up for Malky,it's about how obsessed Tan is with bringing up time and time again the same old stories.

Malky has held his hands up,Malky has been smashed to pieces in all the worlds media and Malky is unemployed.

Surely Tan should just sort out the current mess at Cardiff City,he has created himself.

How about sorting the current mess at Cardiff City out,instead of going over and over the same old stuff in the media and we are in a mess,let's not pretend we are not and if we don't go back up this season,we will be in an even worse mess.

Difficult to disagree Annis. He was somewhat vindicated with the Malky saga but he seems to think this has bought him favour with the fans that excuses the "red" rebrand. I can understand him cutting costs but he has taken this all the way to the coaching staff with to me is contradictory to his goal of getting us back to the PL.

My worry now is that although clearly an exceptional business man, he thinks he understands football. He may learn as he goes but he isn't there yet and it's going to take a lot more time. Until then the lessons are going to be very painful for Cardiff City and we certainly won't have success on the pitch.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 am

What? Vincent Tan making a fool of himself? Haha - now there's a surprise!

The worrying thing is there still seem to be some fans that continue to make fools of themselves also - those that stand back and STILL defend him. I just dont get it.

Once again the dick has woken up and decided the release numerous news reports this week - the worrying question is why? Usually this means bad news for The long term Cardiff fans.

Just what can be done to get this clown out of our club? What will the financial implications be and where would the club be left?

I just want my club back as I know most of you do.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:03 am

Sorry boys. - one point I forgot to add, in his statement where he is taunting the fans and again showing no respect for us by saying "what can they do" - it does make me wonder how this guy has been a success in his other businesses. He must have strong managers that keep him away from the running of these businesses surely. I'm not Richard Branson, but I have a basic understanding of running business and the last thing you do is alienate your customer base? People tend to vote with their feet and if a business pissed them off they will usually go and find a different one. While I know football is different surely customers should be made welcome and not treated the way we are?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:09 am

PhilStantShoot2Kill wrote:Sorry boys. - one point I forgot to add, in his statement where he is taunting the fans and again showing no respect for us by saying "what can they do" - it does make me wonder how this guy has been a success in his other businesses. He must have strong managers that keep him away from the running of these businesses surely. I'm not Richard Branson, but I have a basic understanding of running business and the last thing you do is alienate your customer base? People tend to vote with their feet and if a business pissed them off they will usually go and find a different one. While I know football is different surely customers should be made welcome and not treated the way we are?

All other businesses rely on customers. Running a football club I sometimes wonder if that matters.

When a club gets to the premier the payments from that league outstrips income from the fans. It makes me wonder if money from the hardcore supporters is noticed much by these owners.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:20 am

It obviously still gets right under Tan's skin that Malky is far more popular with the fans than he will ever be. Tan has also being ridiculed by the press and I suspect that for a successful businessman from that country/culture, this loss of face is unforgivable. If he hadn't put in so much loan cash into the club he would have disappeared ages ago.

If he does turn up for the first time this season on Saturday, the 'We'll always be blue' chanting on 19.27 mins should be shouted louder than ever!! :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:22 am

Great post Annis.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:" VINCENT TAN MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF?/ INSTEAD OF SORTING OUT THE PROBLEMS HE HAS CREATED HIMSELF AT CARDIFF CITY "

My Opinion.

I've got to say, you're bang on the money with this

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:33 am

Agree totally, Annis.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:34 am

For somebody who is supposedly such an astute businessman he has made a multitude of mistakes at this club. Either he has been very lucky in business previously or this is just a plaything for him. He is still a clown whichever way you look at it.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:53 am

But everyone on here, including you, Annis, conveniently overlooks what could or more likely would have happened if Tan hadn't stepped in. We may very well have folded.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Colourblind wrote:But everyone on here, including you, Annis, conveniently overlooks what could or more likely would have happened if Tan hadn't stepped in. We may very well have folded.

We have been in a lot worse situations and survived. A lot worse.

All this scar mongering has come from the people who are now ripping Tan off.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:23 pm

It's funny how we all read different things into what he has said. I read the "what can they do" as bravado, he is on the ropes. His whole persona is aggressive / attack, we know he doesn't do subtlety. By trying to front us out, he is showing that he is concerned. Do you think there will be an expose in the daily mail “I was wrong with the rebrand” ? Never, it’s not in his DNA.

In a strange way Ole has quickened Tans exit. Going up would have hidden the problem, but remaining in the championship will take season ticket sales very low.

Tan has 2 option
1. Continue in red – continue funding the team for promotion and hope that Slade or whatever manager is in charge can do the job – he loses/gambles big money
2. Continue in red - sell loads of assets and run us like a championship club and sell us at a big loss.

I think option 2 is far more palatable for tan than option 3 which is return to blue and run us as a championship club but with huge debts.

We’ll never go back to blue whilst we have 17k red season tickets in our back pockets……..price freeze over, championship football and the rebrand= recipe for disaster

I moan about wasting £500 on season tickets, he can come out of this £30 million down – ouch !!!!!

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:16 pm

I think you are right in that Tan will go for option 2. But by selling assets we wont be a Championship club for long.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Colourblind wrote:But everyone on here, including you, Annis, conveniently overlooks what could or more likely would have happened if Tan hadn't stepped in. We may very well have folded.

We have been in a lot worse situations and survived. A lot worse.

All this scar mongering has come from the people who are now ripping Tan off.

I was going to say exactly the same Ian, yes we were in the High Court and at deaths door, but so were we on numerous occasions during the 70's,80's and 90's, but we kept our full identity every time and our Pride and Soul with it. The Fans who were there during those days will remember it brought the fans United and closer after each occasion.

Under Tan,we have virtually lost everything but name and we are just about clinging on to that.

I dreamt like many other City fans of reaching the Premier League and we finally made it,as a divided club and to be honest I did not enjoy it.

Why do I still go? Because to me,Cardiff City has been a big part of my life,I have made many friends along the way and it's like a drug,also I am glad I have kept going with many others who have kept the BLUE alive :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Fully agree, Annis. It´s time to move on. Everything that is wrong with this club, is not Malky´s fault.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Dve wrote:Fully agree, Annis. It´s time to move on. Everything that is wrong with this club, is not Malky´s fault.

I honestly can't believe a clever man like Tan is still harping on about Malky,if we are to succeed Tan needs to solve our present problems created by Tan himself :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:30 pm

kimble wrote:Spot on ANNIS...this man is a fool ,he has run up the debts brought in one inexperienced manager on silly money...

I keep wondering is Tan still being badly advised ? Or is he just being pigheaded as it's ruining his reputation not just in Wales,but World wide,that surely can't be good for him?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" VINCENT TAN MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF/ INSTEAD OF SORTING OUT THE PROBLEMS HE HAS CREATED HIMSELF AT CARDIFF CITY "

My Opinion.

Difficult to disagree Annis. He was somewhat vindicated with the Malky saga but he seems to think this has bought him favour with the fans that excuses the "red" rebrand. I can understand him cutting costs but he has taken this all the way to the coaching staff with to me is contradictory to his goal of getting us back to the PL.

My worry now is that although clearly an exceptional business man, he thinks he understands football. He may learn as he goes but he isn't there yet and it's going to take a lot more time. Until then the lessons are going to be very painful for Cardiff City and we certainly won't have success on the pitch.

Tan has gone from one extent to another and the cost cutting in back room staff is staggering for a club trying to get back the the Premier League this season,he has wasted millions upon millions on Ole and Co :shock:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:07 pm

llan bluebird wrote:It's funny how we all read different things into what he has said. I read the "what can they do" as bravado, he is on the ropes. His whole persona is aggressive / attack, we know he doesn't do subtlety. By trying to front us out, he is showing that he is concerned. Do you think there will be an expose in the daily mail “I was wrong with the rebrand” ? Never, it’s not in his DNA.

In a strange way Ole has quickened Tans exit. Going up would have hidden the problem, but remaining in the championship will take season ticket sales very low.

Tan has 2 option
1. Continue in red – continue funding the team for promotion and hope that Slade or whatever manager is in charge can do the job – he loses/gambles big money
2. Continue in red - sell loads of assets and run us like a championship club and sell us at a big loss.

I think option 2 is far more palatable for tan than option 3 which is return to blue and run us as a championship club but with huge debts.

We’ll never go back to blue whilst we have 17k red season tickets in our back pockets……..price freeze over, championship football and the rebrand= recipe for disaster

I moan about wasting £500 on season tickets, he can come out of this £30 million down – ouch !!!!!

Tan will never admit he was wrong and that's the main problem.

I see option 2 happening as well.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:14 pm

All the success is down to Tan, and all the failures are blamed elsewhere lol The man is an idiot. Tan was in a glorious position to take the club forward, introduce some stability and security about the club, and unite the fans as one and become a hero amongst us. But only an idiot like Tan could mess that up. If I'm honest, it's been a right pain in the arse supporting my beloved club these past few years, we've become a laughing stock to everyone else. And I blame only one man. I know he saved our club, but was it really all worth this? Our name, our identity, our reputation has been dragged through the mud. My only hope is that Tan one day sells up, and hopefully not to another foreign idiot who doesn't respect the clubs foundations and heritage that has been in place for decades. :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:19 pm

A Longer saga than war & peace! Forum should have sweep stake to guess outcome? Because in all seriousness no one knows what's he going to do? So life goes on until decision day comes if it rver does? Reported today hes not selling us so could be long wait! Will just gave to keep up 1927protest! because only way to make a statement is 17k people stop buying season tickets, but even you Annis won't do that? problem is this forum thinks its the centre of ccfc universe when in reality its a miniscule voice barely heard outside forum. Its the vast majority outside it that needs convincing to take action? :old:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:21 pm

PortTalbotBluebird90 wrote:All the success is down to Tan, and all the failures are blamed elsewhere lol The man is an idiot. Tan was in a glorious position to take the club forward, introduce some stability and security about the club, and unite the fans as one and become a hero amongst us. But only an idiot like Tan could mess that up. If I'm honest, it's been a right pain in the arse supporting my beloved club these past few years, we've become a laughing stock to everyone else. And I blame only one man. I know he saved our club, but was it really all worth this? Our name, our identity, our reputation has been dragged through the mud. My only hope is that Tan one day sells up, and hopefully not to another foreign idiot who doesn't respect the clubs foundations and heritage that has been in place for decades. :bluescarf:

The 4 plus years under Tan have virtually I agree,been nothing but misery.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:A Longer saga than war & peace! Forum should have sweep stake to guess outcome? Because in all seriousness no one knows what's he going to do? So life goes on until decision day comes if it rver does? Reported today hes not selling us so could be long wait! Will just gave to keep up 1927protest! because only way to make a statement is 17k people stop buying season tickets, but even you Annis won't do that? problem is this forum thinks its the centre of ccfc universe when in reality its a miniscule voice barely heard outside forum. Its the vast majority outside it that needs convincing to take action? :old:

Allan, the club, I can state has been for sale for nearly a year if the right offer came in,but no one is daft enough to pay the debts that a Tan has run up.

Yes I would stand outside the ground every home game if another 10,000 would as then it would be worth it.
But as that won't happen,I feel the protest of BLUE in the ground has worked as our stadium at one stage went at least 70% Red :shock: :shock: and all those who continued protesting BLUE have achieved one major thing, we have got 1,000's of our fans to realise that they were wrong in wearing/accepting the Red :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

No none of us know the outcome,not even Tan at this moment in time,but that's what forums are about,opinions/healthy debates :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:A Longer saga than war & peace! Forum should have sweep stake to guess outcome? Because in all seriousness no one knows what's he going to do? So life goes on until decision day comes if it rver does? Reported today hes not selling us so could be long wait! Will just gave to keep up 1927protest! because only way to make a statement is 17k people stop buying season tickets, but even you Annis won't do that? problem is this forum thinks its the centre of ccfc universe when in reality its a miniscule voice barely heard outside forum. Its the vast majority outside it that needs convincing to take action? :old:

Allan, the club, I can state has been for sale for nearly a year if the right offer came in,but no one is daft enough to pay the debts that a Tan has run up.

Yes I would stand outside the ground every home game if another 10,000 would as then it would be worth it.
But as that won't happen,I feel the protest of BLUE in the ground has worked as our stadium at one stage went at least 70% Red :shock: :shock: and all those who continued protesting BLUE have achieved one major thing, we have got 1,000's of our fans to realise that they were wrong in wearing/accepting the Red :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

No none of us know the outcome,not even Tan at this moment in time,but that's what forums are about,opinions/healthy debates :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf:

not for sale quote came from radio wales earlier today! tbh annis tan has gone past i care what fans think judging by his recent remarks! so as you say debt is to big for him to sell unless he takes a massive hit? cannot see that happening, so its keep to wearing blue at games, funny enough get immpression at game that fans are just supporting team and colour of shirt doesnt matter in respect of what they are watching as they still show same passion when we score or lose a goal! as i said dont think tan is bothered by blue in stadium because at end of day its what happens on pitch that obviously matters to tan. think its a standoff situation which needs someone of stature to tell tan he is wrong, because he isnt going anywhere as you stated we have to much debt.. :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:15 pm

It is very difficult to argue with your post Annis. Anyone who does looks like a stirrer or a fool imho.

I can fully understand Tan wanting to put his stamp on the club when he arrived, but when it became clear just how destructive the colour change and badge design were, I still can't believe he didn't take the opportunity to reverse his decision and become a unifying influence on all concerned!! He persists in this madness, even though there is not a brass farthing in it financially for him.

It is arguably not too late:

Return to blue and unite the fans. :bluescarf:
Go back to a previous badge (even the original Bluebirds in script if he wants a proper branded name). :bluescarf:
Drop ST prices to fill the stadium (although numbers would swell anyway). :thumbup:
Convert at least some debt to equity. :thumbright:
Give part of the club to the supporters and include them, by right, in decisions. :old:

Not asking much is it? :P

We live in hope............

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:21 pm

It's very frustrating, like watching your kids make simple mistakes, you know what they should do but they don't want to listen :roll:

It could be so different and it wouldn't take too much to correct things turn us blue and send us back on a more positive course, but I'm slowly coming to conclusion it will never happen and there won't be a happy ending .......