Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" He bought me a fake Bentley "

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:41 am

Malky " bought me a fake Bentley "

Thursday 30/10/2014

Vincent Tan has stuck the knife in yet again with former Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay after hitting out at the Scot’s signing of Danish forward Andreas Cornelius.

The 21-year-old moved to the Bluebirds from FC Copenhagen in the summer of 2013 with Cardiff paying £10 million for the striker after seeing him score 18 goals in 34 games for the Danish giants.

But he returned to his homeland in January of the following year after playing just eight games for the Welsh club without scoring a goal.

Mackay, meanwhile, was sacked later that same season, and was recently back in the headlines again amid accusations he exchanged offensive text messages with former Crystal Palace sporting director Iain Moody.

And speaking in an interview with Channel News Asia, Tan hit out at Mackay for paying so much for a player “who people said was worth £3 million.”

"I gave Mackay money to buy a Bentley or a Rolls Royce, but he bought me a fake Bentley instead,” he said.

“Like when someone asks you to buy a real Hermes bag, he bought a fake one. Anyone would be mad in my situation, but the fans don't seem to understand."

Mackay’s successor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked after Cardiff made a slow start to life in the Championship following last season’s Premier League relegation, with former Leyton Orient manager Russell Slade brought in as his replacement.

Cornelius, meanwhile, has gone back to finding the net regularly for Copenhagen, with nine goals in his first 24 games since returning to the club and was even linked with a shock move back to England amid rumours that Newcastle were scouting the striker.

Re: " He bought me a fake Bentley "

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:Malky " bought me a fake Bentley "

Thursday 30/10/2014

Vincent Tan has stuck the knife in yet again with former Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay after hitting out at the Scot’s signing of Danish forward Andreas Cornelius.

The 21-year-old moved to the Bluebirds from FC Copenhagen in the summer of 2013 with Cardiff paying £10 million for the striker after seeing him score 18 goals in 34 games for the Danish giants.

But he returned to his homeland in January of the following year after playing just eight games for the Welsh club without scoring a goal.

Mackay, meanwhile, was sacked later that same season, and was recently back in the headlines again amid accusations he exchanged offensive text messages with former Crystal Palace sporting director Iain Moody.

And speaking in an interview with Channel News Asia, Tan hit out at Mackay for paying so much for a player “who people said was worth £3 million.”

"I gave Mackay money to buy a Bentley or a Rolls Royce, but he bought me a fake Bentley instead,” he said.

“Like when someone asks you to buy a real Hermes bag, he bought a fake one. Anyone would be mad in my situation, but the fans don't seem to understand."

Mackay’s successor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked after Cardiff made a slow start to life in the Championship following last season’s Premier League relegation, with former Leyton Orient manager Russell Slade brought in as his replacement.

Cornelius, meanwhile, has gone back to finding the net regularly for Copenhagen, with nine goals in his first 24 games since returning to the club and was even linked with a shock move back to England amid rumours that Newcastle were scouting the striker.

agree with tan malky bought a few fakes ,10 million for a bag of Shit

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:42 am

It is sickening we could of bought a striker who would of scored 12-15 goals.

If we had scored 10 more goals in the tight games we would of stayed up

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:24 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:It is sickening we could of bought a striker who would of scored 12-15 goals.

easy to blame tan like most do on this board but malky bought the players and wasted the biggest ever budget ever given to a newly promoted team in fact double any one else ,malky was out of his depth

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 am

There's been a lot bigger & better managers than Malkey who spent a lot more & wasted it without their boss or ex boss constantly berating them.
Yes, it was a dogs dinner of a purchase especially the wages reported & yes he could have spent the money on some decent players but it was a mistake albeit a stupid & costly one.
Get over it Tan.
We're £170 million in debt & worse off than before you showed your pig ugly face so try sharing some of the blame.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:59 pm

More like a reliant robin :laughing6:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:28 pm

I agree with Tan on this but he needs to stop bringing it up in the press now

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Tan is spot on, most annoying thing is after Malky was sacked, he was on TV watching us struggle upfront but still refused to accept it was a bad signing. Malky ego wouldn't allow that.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:There's been a lot bigger & better managers than Malkey who spent a lot more & wasted it without their boss or ex boss constantly berating them.
Yes, it was a dogs dinner of a purchase especially the wages reported & yes he could have spent the money on some decent players but it was a mistake albeit a stupid & costly one.
Get over it Tan.
We're £170 million in debt & worse off than before you showed your pig ugly face so try sharing some of the blame.

maybe they have but not with the consequences of malkies donkey!! and also other players bought and were never used :thumbup:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Look at me look at me I'm Vincent Tan

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:48 am

We got a fake owner :oops:

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:49 am

2blue2handle wrote:Tan is spot on, most annoying thing is after Malky was sacked, he was on TV watching us struggle upfront but still refused to accept it was a bad signing. Malky ego wouldn't allow that.

Spot on! :thumbup:

Malky 'played' us and the media a merry dance...for a while! :oops:

Don;t think he'll be too welcomed by "the lovies" at the minute, mind! :laughing6:

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:49 am

To think Jelavic was cheaper and would have been on a lower wage than 35k.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:44 am

circus_clown_car_prop_hire_02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:21 am

Thursday 30/10/2014

You can't really argue what tan say's about malky's signings because in general (in the premiership) they were shocking, remember, he also bid £8 million for tom ince :lol: thankfully he didn't sign.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:09 am

Tan's outbursts are just so childish. What did Solskjaer buy him then?

StT.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:12 am

cityone wrote:

Thursday 30/10/2014

You can't really argue what tan say's about malky's signings because in general (in the premiership) they were shocking, remember, he also bid £8 million for tom ince :lol: thankfully he didn't sign.

Shocking? You are a revisionist. Up until Malky was sacked we were doing quite nicely for a newly promoted club or are you one of those who are holding Malky responsible for OGS wasting far more money and being out of his depth?

StT.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:47 am

We know how you feel Tan, you bought us a fake Bentley in Solskjaer too. :bluescarf:

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Tan shouldn't have sold Corn Dog so quickly.

I would rather him than Kenwyne and they are on equal wages.

Corn Dog was given about 3 appearances after an injury. He was always going to fail as we started to lose and our fans needed another scapegoat.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:03 pm

Yeah but Jones didnt cost 8m.

The fact Nigel Pearson was saying he looked at Cornelius and considered taking a gamble at getting him for around 500k about sums it up, now that sounds about his worth.

If it was my money wasted I would be just as livid

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Yeah but Jones didnt cost 8m.

The fact Nigel Pearson was saying he looked at Cornelius and considered taking a gamble at getting him for around 500k about sums it up, now that sounds about his worth.

If it was my money wasted I would be just as livid

One for the future....that is Malkys defence but at £8m is difficult to accept.

I've got a feeling this episode will finish Malky off for good.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Clubs like Chelsea, Man-u, Man City etc buy players for that sort of money for the future. Certainly not clubs who have just been promoted and who had previously struggled upfront in the promotion year.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
sloper_road_legend wrote:It is sickening we could of bought a striker who would of scored 12-15 goals.

easy to blame tan like most do on this board but malky bought the players and wasted the biggest ever budget ever given to a newly promoted team in fact double any one else ,malky was out of his depth

Cornelius worked out a poor signing but he had 2 bad injuries, so he wasn't given a chance and barely had time to settle. You only have to look at the teams we played at home under Malky to realise there would have been a massive probability he would have kept us up. The only 2 teams we had left to play at home in the top 10 after Malky was sacked were Liverpool and Chelsea, yet Ole took us from above the relegation zone to sinking to the bottom without a fight. Your love for Tan is unhealthy.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:
cityone wrote:

Thursday 30/10/2014

Shocking? You are a revisionist. Up until Malky was sacked we were doing quite nicely for a newly promoted club or are you one of those who are holding Malky responsible for OGS wasting far more money and being out of his depth?

StT.

Yes the "shocking" statement refers to his signings, which were shocking, as for your other comments, "we were doing quite nicely" well we were one point and one place from the relegation zone with arsenal, man city and man utd next in line all away from home, maybe you think we were going to win them games??? malky spent £50 million on players that summer, double what palace and hull spent TOGETHER and they managed to stay up. By the way get your figures right, malky in his time with us spent approx £62 million and ole spent approx £16 million.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 pm

cityone wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:
cityone wrote:

Thursday 30/10/2014

StT.

Yes the "shocking" statement refers to his signings, which were shocking, as for your other comments, "we were doing quite nicely" well we were one point and one place from the relegation zone with arsenal, man city and man utd next in line all away from home, maybe you think we were going to win them games??? malky spent £50 million on players that summer, double what palace and hull spent TOGETHER and they managed to stay up. By the way get your figures right, malky in his time with us spent approx £62 million and ole spent approx £16 million.

Could have quite easily won the West Ham and Sunderland games. We came close to taking a point off Arsensal under caretaker management so why not get a point under Malky. Man U were there for the taking as well.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:10 am

Premier League first season and we need a goal scorer but classes it as one for the future. Who did he think was our goalscorer the one to keep us up?

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:19 am

f*cking hell just let it go, Tan. Stop blaming Malky for our relegation, you were to blame as well.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:25 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:We know how you feel Tan, you bought us a fake Bentley in Solskjaer too. :bluescarf:

Dalman brought Solskjaer in...

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/269555.html

:thumbup:

Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:33 am

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Tan's outbursts are just so childish. What did Solskjaer buy him then?

StT.

Manga! :thumbup:

(Tan is right in this instance but he needs to stop whining about it.)

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:53 pm

LonCar wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Tan's outbursts are just so childish. What did Solskjaer buy him then?

StT.

Manga! :thumbup:

(Tan is right in this instance but he needs to stop whining about it.)

Eikrem, Burgstaller, Berget, Cala, Guerra, Dikacgoi. All unable to get into our Championship squad despite 3 of these being signed to try and keep us in the Premiership. Our starting 11 is currently fairly evenly split between Malky signings and Ole signings, but outside of our current 11 we have the majority of what's left of our squad as Ole's signings. If Malky bought one fake Bentley in Cornelius, Ole has bought a chain of fake Bentley's in comparison! Obviously, Ole has made some very good signings also, but Malky had the much better record percentage wise in bringing in players who succeeded for us.