Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' VINCENT TAN THIS SATURDAY '

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:58 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:This is the man who not only saved our club but continues to pump in 1 Million pounds a month just to cover the day to day running cost, and before some people bang on about 7% interests he's charging himself then by God he's taking one hell of a risk in one of his company's paying the other one of his company's back, after all we are not talking about running the risk of getting your tenner bak here are we.

You think that's a clever way to run a club then? Pump in money constantly and continually lose it? Racking up monumental debt in the process?! :?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 am

i give up with some people on here.

he may own club doesnt mean we have to make him feel welcome.

lets all be happy clappy towards him and where our proud red shirts isit :roll:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:02 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:This is the man who not only saved our club but continues to pump in 1 Million pounds a month just to cover the day to day running cost, and before some people bang on about 7% interests he's charging himself then by God he's taking one hell of a risk in one of his company's paying the other one of his company's back, after all we are not talking about running the risk of getting your tenner bak here are we.

You think that's a clever way to run a club then? Pump in money constantly and continually lose it? Racking up monumental debt in the process?! :?

This £1 million he is suppose to be pumping in is the fault of only one man and that is Tan himself.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 am

maccydee wrote:
So many reasons why not. Of course the idiots will do it anyway.

Why abuse the man who saved our club? If we try we could get him to change to blue and then we would have it all.

Why bow down to the man who shows constant disdain to the very supporters that you want to kiss his arse!

I'm afraid the only idiots are the ones who blindly back the man, despite his shambolic handling of this club.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:08 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Why abuse the man who saved our club? If we try we could get him to change to blue and then we would have it all.

Why bow down to the man who shows constant disdain to the very supporters that you want to kiss his arse!

I'm afraid the only idiots are the ones who blindly back the man, despite his shambolic handling of this club.

couldnt agree more :thumbright:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 am

Agree also. The morons still defending him are as f++++d up and dillusional and he is. Get the lot of them out of our club I say.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:01 am

The only reason I was willing to "tolerate" the rebrand was for the fact he said we would become a football club that would run in the black!!! Nothing to do with premiership football!!!

He has had a number of years to reduce the clubs out goings to a sustainable level and convert the rest of the debt to equity!!! This has not only been achieved. What he has managed to achieve is to raise our debt even further making it less likely we will ever become debt free!!!

He bangs on about the "Swansea way" while chucking money away!!!

The man is a clown who has no respect for the people who will be here supporting the club long after he has gone!!!

I have said the last couple of seasons I would not renew me season ticket but I have always renewed as I love following the City, however everytime this man makes a statement and every game a see City play in red the easier the the choice of not renewing becomes.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:07 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

This £1 million he is suppose to be pumping in is the fault of only one man and that is Tan himself.

We were losing a million a month before he took over. Possibly even more.

If we are losing a million a month now it's because of increased revenue brought my his investment which got us to the premiership.

Would you prefer he stopped pumping in the money to keep us afloat?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:09 am

Mikey27 wrote:The only reason I was willing to "tolerate" the rebrand was for the fact he said we would become a football club that would run in the black!!! Nothing to do with premiership football!!!

He has had a number of years to reduce the clubs out goings to a sustainable level and convert the rest of the debt to equity!!! This has not only been achieved. What he has managed to achieve is to raise our debt even further making it less likely we will ever become debt free!!!

The man is a clown who has no respect for the people who will be here supporting the club long after he has gone!!!

I have said the last couple of seasons I would not renew me season ticket but I have always renewed as I love following the City, however everytime this man makes a statement and every game a see City play in red the easier the the choice of not renewing becomes.

Or was it the Premiership football that kept you? We have been red for 2 and a bit seasons now.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:12 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I don't bow down to him. He hardly shows is disdain he is keeping our club afloat out of a sense of honour as he promised he wouldn't leave us in the dwang.

He could walk away like his family want him to and stop losing a million a month. But he hasn't.

Many of our fans treat him with disdain all while Wanting new players for the squad etc.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 am

maccydee wrote:
Mikey27 wrote:The only reason I was willing to "tolerate" the rebrand was for the fact he said we would become a football club that would run in the black!!! Nothing to do with premiership football!!!

Or was it the Premiership football that kept you? We have been red for 2 and a bit seasons now.

Not really as I have always renewed as soon as season tickets have gone on sale, well before you could predict what league we would be in. I just enjoyed watching the City, which I still do just doesnt feel the same as I used anymore. I'm certainly not blaming Tan for all of that but he does have a lot to do with it.

I have refused to buy any City merchandise since the rebrand which I think doesnt help. The in fighting and the poor atmosphere at the ground is another contributing factor. The rip off prices for a season ticket will put me off next season as my season ticket will go up by more than £100 due to the price freeze ending. Or it could well be that I'm getting older and other priorities are more important than football.

But what I can say is that it was 100% not because of premiership football that I have kept going.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:32 am

Mikey27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Not really as I have always renewed as soon as season tickets have gone on sale, well before you could predict what league we would be in. I just enjoyed watching the City, which I still do just doesnt feel the same as I used anymore. I'm certainly not blaming Tan for all of that but he does have a lot to do with it.

I have refused to buy any City merchandise since the rebrand which I think doesnt help. The in fighting and the poor atmosphere at the ground is another contributing factor. The rip off prices for a season ticket will put me off next season as my season ticket will go up by more than £100 due to the price freeze ending. Or it could well be that I'm getting older and other priorities are more important than football.

But what I can say is that it was 100% not because of premiership football that I have kept going.

Fair one. The atmosphere was shit after the fa cup final. We got lots of new fans who didn't help with the singing etc. I think the making people sit has a lot to do with the crap atmosphere. That isn't a Tan decision as has been happening for years. When we think we have a good thing on the atmosphere is fine and we are quite positive then as soon as we lose people blame the divide and blame red.

The truth is our fans are very fickle and have been for ages.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:24 pm

maccydee wrote:
Mikey27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Fair one. The atmosphere was shit after the fa cup final. We got lots of new fans who didn't help with the singing etc. I think the making people sit has a lot to do with the crap atmosphere. That isn't a Tan decision as has been happening for years. When we think we have a good thing on the atmosphere is fine and we are quite positive then as soon as we lose people blame the divide and blame red.

The truth is our fans are very fickle and have been for ages.

We do have some very fickle fans and one of them has a season ticket by me :old: :old: One minute Kenwyne Jones is a legend then the next game he is a cart horse and should never put a city top again!!! but that's football fans for you.

The reason this thread has been put up though is not because City fans want to bring it all up again it is because Tan has brought it all up with his continuing witch hunt of Malky and digs at fans in the press etc...

The man must realise he has made a mistake with the rebrand, I'm confident they have not made anywhere near the money they used to on merchandise when we played in blue. This contributes to lost revenue.

Like I have said previously, I'm not massivley bothered about success (As much as I would love it) I just want the club to be financially stable so we'll have a club to support in years to come. All Tan is doing with putting in 1million a month is delaying the inevitable.

The first thing the club needs to do is focus on reducing out goings and maximising income (Reversing the rebrand would help massively).

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Makes us look pathetic, it's all OK while being promoted and as soon as it gets a little tough protests gather more and more.

Perhaps you are judging other fans by your own values. It was never EVER ok during the promotion season, the season in the prem or since. The rebrand ruined the whole experience for me and others. I wanted to see us going up as the club I identified with, not some tacky opportunistic franchise. It's never been the same since that man darkened our doors. I long for the day when he is just a bad memory :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm looking forward to the game and HOPE he does attend. 'TAN OUT' is still the message and WILL never change now...AT 19:27 we should give aloud rendition of we'll always be blue, followed by 'TAN OUT' or our other 'Vincent Tan, Vincent Tan, your a Wankker....;

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:49 pm

No clue or respect for us or the game. Ripped out the heart of the bluebirds. Give him hell.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:51 pm

Slowly beginning to dislike my football club. Argue every home game with people next to me about the rebrand.

Would fully back a boycott club of Cardiff over the circus we've become today, anyday!

We're never going to get our blue back under Tan so please someone take control and let's do what AFC Wimbledon have done and take down Tan! Would like nothing better than to wipe that smug smile of that c**t's face in many years to come.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Skewett wrote:I'll do what I always do and think if it wasn't for him I might not be watching Cardiff City at all.

I'll also do what I always do and wear my beloved blue and sing blue songs proudly, and thnk if it wasn't for him I might not be watching a basket case of a club, but rather a well run, strong, blue Cardiff City sitting proudly in the Premier League. In other words we might have had a sensible benefactor to have backed us who had the interests of the club foremost instead of a weirdo hell bent on personal aggrandisement. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Skewett wrote:I'll do what I always do and think if it wasn't for him I might not be watching Cardiff City at all.

Bullshit.If that tw*t Tan had'nt bought the club we may well have gone into admin.OH NO!We might be in the same mess as Swansea or Crystal Palace.We could be playing in the Premier league.And horror of horror's' we might still have our identity.Now we would'nt want that now'would we. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: TAN OUT.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Pant_yr_awel bluebird wrote:

Bullshit.If that tw*t Tan had'nt bought the club we may well have gone into admin.OH NO!We might be in the same mess as Swansea or Crystal Palace.We could be playing in the Premier league.And horror of horror's' we might still have our identity.Now we would'nt want that now'would we. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: TAN OUT.

There was no admin option it was liquidation.

HMRC no longer allow football teams to pay them penny in the pound. Quite rightly so too.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:51 pm

City Slicker wrote:

I'll also do what I always do and wear my beloved blue and sing blue songs proudly, and thnk if it wasn't for him I might not be watching a basket case of a club, but rather a well run, strong, blue Cardiff City sitting proudly in the Premier League. In other words we might have had a sensible benefactor to have backed us who had the interests of the club foremost instead of a weirdo hell bent on personal aggrandisement. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

We haven't been a well run club for 40 years. Why would someone suddenly pop out of the shadows when we were on the verge of liquidation. Aside from the rebrand Tan is running us better than we have been for decades.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

We haven't been a well run club for 40 years. Why would someone suddenly pop out of the shadows when we were on the verge of liquidation. Aside from the rebrand Tan is running us better than we have been for decades.

Absolute rubbish Neil.

Our debt has risen by £100 million since he has come here. Taking inflation into account no other owner can match that.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Neil, the club is not being run professionally and the debts are seriously getting out of control, it's been over 4 years now and even you must be worried how our club is being run?

Under Tan, our debts should of been reduced by now,if the club was being run correctly,instead they are spiralled totally out of control and that's a fact.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:15 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Absolute rubbish Neil.

Our debt has risen by £100 million since he has come here. Taking inflation into account no other owner can match that.

Show me where that is logged Ian. No way is it up by 100 million pounds. Complete tosh. No matter the debt its to him so we are much better off than when our debt was to hmrc who were just about to liquidate us.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Absolute rubbish Neil.

Show me where that is logged Ian. No way is it up by 100 million pounds. Complete tosh. No matter the debt its to him so we are much better off than when our debt was to hmrc who were just about to liquidate us.

£170 million is being bounded about.

Also being bounded about is the fact Tan is bailing us out each month. Considering we have premier payments that just tells me we are a badly run club. You only have to look at the selection of the managers over the last year to see the club authorities are costing us big time. We have guys at the top who don't have a clue and when all this comes to a head we will all look back and see for ourselves what damage they have caused.

We are a badly run club under these guys but most are hiding behind Tan while he bails us out. The thing is we found ourselves in this bailing out situation thanks to Tans cronies. As far as I am concern this is Tans doing so he can sort it out.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Absolute rubbish Neil.

Also being bounded about is the fact Tan is bailing us out each month. Considering we have premier payments that just tells me we are a badly run club. You only have to look at the selection of the managers over the last year to see the club authorities are costing us big time. We have guys at the top who don't have a clue and when all this comes to a head we will all look back and see for ourselves what damage they have caused.

We are a badly run club under these guys but most are hiding behind Tan while he bails us out. The thing is we found ourselves in this bailing out situation thanks to Tans cronies. As far as I am concern this is Tans doing so he can sort it out.

Ian we were losing a million a month before Tan with no way to pay it hence we were close to being liquidated. At least Tan can cover this unlike the riddler.

We want a club that pays for itself but we also want good players like Manga on the wages we have to pay.

We literally want our cake and to eat it. All the time while calling Tan a wanker. We are a joke.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:56 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Absolute rubbish Neil.

Ian we were losing a million a month before Tan with no way to pay it hence we were close to being liquidated. At least Tan can cover this unlike the riddler.

We want a club that pays for itself but we also want good players like Manga on the wages we have to pay.

We literally want our cake and to eat it. All the time while calling Tan a wanker. We are a joke.

Neil....Tan said about turning the debt to equity......this is what just over 2 seasons ago.....providing we accept the red.....well look at the situation now...2 seasons in red, still in red but not a penny into equity. Yeah I can understand fans calling Tan a wanker.....pissed off is what we are not a joke.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Neil, the club is not being run professionally and the debts are seriously getting out of control, it's been over 4 years now and even you must be worried how our club is being run?

Under Tan, our debts should of been reduced by now,if the club was being run correctly,instead they are spiralled totally out of control and that's a fact.

Sadly ... Spot On Annis .

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:24 pm

listening to whats been said one question? if we are losing at least 1m a month which tan is putting in to cover, why is tan still investing his money into a bottomless pit?? its certainly not to stop losing face as losing face is better than losing his wealth which at the rate our fans say we are it wont be long as 170m being quoted at present, and not improving so almost a quater of his 800m fortune gone as he stated he as not borrrowed money to fund club!!! mmm does anyone actually think he is that stupid or even a clown to keep putting his money in ??? :o

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:listening to whats been said one question? if we are losing at least 1m a month which tan is putting in to cover, why is tan still investing his money into a bottomless pit?? its certainly not to stop losing face as losing face is better than losing his wealth which at the rate our fans say we are it wont be long as 170m being quoted at present, and not improving so almost a quater of his 800m fortune gone as he stated he as not borrrowed money to fund club!!! mmm does anyone actually think he is that stupid or even a clown to keep putting his money in ??? :o

Ever heard of the term "more money than sense"