Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

city away fans defo the ones with the best sense of humour

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 pm

I think I've been to almost every League and Cup away game in the last two seasons, only missing Hull away in the Prem and Blackburn away this season.

I never cease to be amazed at our away support and in particular the banter and songs which ouur fans are defo the best at.

Here's a few that tickled me!

West Ham away in our first Premier League fixture. Our fans were at one end of West Ham's ancient stadium when some fat bird just across the corner started giving us all the middle finger. She was soon put in her place by a chorus of "she's got Chlamydia, she's got Chlamydia". She shut up big time after that one.

Chelsea away last season also saw another boisterous fat block get his comeuppance. I've always found it interesting how the same fat guy in a grey t-shirt always ends up just across the corner from our support. This day the blokes giving it big time after Chelsea kicked the ball out of Marshall's hands when the Ref wasn't looking to score their goal. The fat guy just wouldn't let it drop. He then got so much abuse about his body shape that eventually he collapsed and was carried away by a medical team. Now you wouldn't wish a heart attack on anyone but whatever went wrong with that guy was all his own doing. He just couldn't ignore our chants and got himself into a right tizzwaz.

My personal favourite though was from the Millwall game just last weekend. Amazingly the same fat guy, wearing the same grey shirt, started giving our subs jip as they warmed up in front of him. Our fans soon spotted what he was up to and started chanting at him.

When will he learn!

At first it was a simple "who's the fat guy in the grey" but as he refused to give it up we then turned to "two seats, he really needs two seats, he really needs two seats". This went on for quite a while before our fans lost interest.

What really made me chuckle though was that he'd disappeared 5 minutes before half time and our fans then came out with the unforgettable line (which unfortunately he probably never even heard) " he's gone for a pie, he's gone for a pie, that big fat b*stard, hes gone for a pie".

BRILLIANT!

Re: city away fans defo the ones with the best sense of humo

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:11 pm

This sounds like the post of a fan who's just been to his first away game :lol:

To be honest this is just standard football banter, we get the same sort of abuse from away fans at our stadium, I do enjoy it though :thumbright:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:17 pm

JonCCFC wrote:This sounds like the post of a fan who's just been to his first away game :lol:

To be honest this is just standard football banter, we get the same sort of abuse from away fans at our stadium, I do enjoy it though :thumbright:

Nah! I've been to shedloads of away games but I just think we are best at creating the banter and witty songs. I never hear anything to match it from fans visiting Cardiff.

I just think it's one of our strengths.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:02 am

Skewett wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:This sounds like the post of a fan who's just been to his first away game :lol:

Nah! I've been to shedloads of away games but I just think we are best at creating the banter and witty songs. I never hear anything to match it from fans visiting Cardiff.

I just think it's one of our strengths.

I remember a few years ago we went up to Brighton, I say a few years ago but this was the top of the table clash when Bobby Z and Earnshaw were the top Dogs, we had Quadrophenia on in the coach on the way up, and that famous track, no lyrics its kind of like ''da dadaa dada daaa (You'll know the one if you seen the film)
by the second half we had the whole of the away chanting the tune in the rain, was a quality day even though we lost 1-0

Also this is actually awful but at Ipswich after the Prostitute ripper incident, our lot started a song ''wheres your prozzies gone, where your prozzies gone''
They were swiftly removed from the stadium within about 5 minutes :laughing6:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 am

Lol

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:08 am

U was at the same Chelsea game last season with the big fat bald guy, he just wouldn't let it drop.. Until he did.. Fantastic piece of away support as ever.

Let's keep up the good work

:bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Also at man city away last season 'fatty's off to Wembley' :lol: