Re: "Malky Mackay and Ian Moody '

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:MM and IM should be brought to account for their texts and e mails. You have to remember that both were in charge of many personnel, amongst whom are men, women and children of many ethnic backgrounds and of various religions and sexual persuasions. Those messages undermined the whole ethos of CCFC and set a dangerous example for others to follow.

To say that someone isn't racist for sending a racist text is like saying that someone isn't a thief because they only stole once.

I can't believe this is still being debated. The link with the club is at best a distraction so let's get back to football and distance ourselves from
What will be seen as a sad chapter in the club's history.

C'mon Bluebirds! :bluescarf:

I think you will find that the ones defending their behaviour and shrugging it off, telling people to not be so sensitive are unfortunately bigots themselves who are too ignorant or thick to grasp an understanding of what is and what is not acceptable behaviour in the 21st century :thumbup:

:thumbup:

You lot are making it out to be the crime of the century. I'm taking it you lot are totally innocent of such remarks?

Speaking for myself (as one of the "you lot"), I can honestly say that I have never passed or written any such remarks in the whole of my working life. You have to remember that these were generated on works mobiles and sent via at club's e mail system. Who said it was the crime of the century? I just don't think anyone should be trivialising the matter and implying disapproval is an over-reaction.

Please don't make me out to be a minority by segregating me from the true fans. My blood is as blue as yours. If you can't see racist remarks as seriously offensive then it must be difficult to be a moderator. Just saying.

I've lived/work in such countries for many years and have assimilated quite well amongst such people thank you. One thing I have found is in such situations throwing a comment at such people is a lot better than firing a bullet at them. As one foreigner said said to me "I don't mind you saying such things at me because it proves I am important in your life". Never such a truer word.

How do we respond when the English visiting supporters start calling us Sheepshaggers. We reply sheep sheep sheep shaggers. That is the best reply you can give instead of crying racist.

You just continue to show a startling amount of ignorance, calling someone a sheep shagger is not racist, it's just a name that infers that the Welsh are kind of primitive in their sexual preferences :lol: The welsh are not a race :thumbup: In any case, it's not that this is a case of blatant racism, its more to do with the fact that these guys have exchanged messages that seek to be offensive and demeaning to their business associates and colleagues and have chosen to do so by defining each victim by race, sexuality or gender. I really don't know why some are defending them, if they had been the victims, of these messages, they would rightly have found them offensive and unacceptable and would seek the removal of that person from their work place. :thumbup:

I'm finding you a bit of a wet liberal.

I'm not defending them but what I am saying is that some are making this out to be bigger than what it is.

I know for a fact such talk goes on at the training ground and owners know about it. Why did not Tan do something about it during our promotion season. I think we know why.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:56 pm

abergblue wrote:Who decides what is offensive or acceptable in the 21st Century?
What is acceptable to one person is not acceptable to another. Who decides?
Obviously it must be decided by the pure and innocent who have never done, or even thought of anything offensive (or perceived to be offensive) to another person, alive or dead.
As I doubt we will find no more than a dozen of such people on this forum then obviously it must be accepted that the rest of us are entitled to think and say as we feel. I am happy for this freedom (of thought and deed) to continue.
I suggest people read 1984 and they will get a grasp of the future when those still alive will be told what to do, say and think.
Acts of homosexuality are now legal in this country, but does it mean I have to like it or take part in them? If I do not, does that make me a bigot?
Koreans eat dogs (allegedly) but if I do not want to eat dogs does that make me a racist for refusing, or even thinking it is wrong?
Women who have breast implants, then show them off, is it sexist to look, or comment, on them?
If the “remarks” are not aimed at you personally, what has it got to do with you? Why do some people feel the need to be offended for someone else? Is it because nobody takes them serious or knows they even exist? Is it because it makes them feel better about themselves?
Those who wish to be the social conscience and feel hurt for someone else (probably never even met) then carry on but I have work and a family to concern myself with, and not people I do not know. If it was someone I know and they were being bullied (physically or verbally) then that is a different matter.

Plain wrong on almost every lawful and moral level. That is all.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:MM and IM should be brought to account for their texts and e mails. You have to remember that both were in charge of many personnel, amongst whom are men, women and children of many ethnic backgrounds and of various religions and sexual persuasions. Those messages undermined the whole ethos of CCFC and set a dangerous example for others to follow.

To say that someone isn't racist for sending a racist text is like saying that someone isn't a thief because they only stole once.

I can't believe this is still being debated. The link with the club is at best a distraction so let's get back to football and distance ourselves from

I think you will find that the ones defending their behaviour and shrugging it off, telling people to not be so sensitive are unfortunately bigots themselves who are too ignorant or thick to grasp an understanding of what is and what is not acceptable behaviour in the 21st century :thumbup:

You lot are making it out to be the crime of the century. I'm taking it you lot are totally innocent of such remarks?

Speaking for myself (as one of the "you lot"), I can honestly say that I have never passed or written any such remarks in the whole of my working life. You have to remember that these were generated on works mobiles and sent via at club's e mail system. Who said it was the crime of the century? I just don't think anyone should be trivialising the matter and implying disapproval is an over-reaction.

Please don't make me out to be a minority by segregating me from the true fans. My blood is as blue as yours. If you can't see racist remarks as seriously offensive then it must be difficult to be a moderator. Just saying.

I've lived/work in such countries for many years and have assimilated quite well amongst such people thank you. One thing I have found is in such situations throwing a comment at such people is a lot better than firing a bullet at them. As one foreigner said said to me "I don't mind you saying such things at me because it proves I am important in your life". Never such a truer word.

How do we respond when the English visiting supporters start calling us Sheepshaggers. We reply sheep sheep sheep shaggers. That is the best reply you can give instead of crying racist.

You just continue to show a startling amount of ignorance, calling someone a sheep shagger is not racist, it's just a name that infers that the Welsh are kind of primitive in their sexual preferences :lol: The welsh are not a race :thumbup: In any case, it's not that this is a case of blatant racism, its more to do with the fact that these guys have exchanged messages that seek to be offensive and demeaning to their business associates and colleagues and have chosen to do so by defining each victim by race, sexuality or gender. I really don't know why some are defending them, if they had been the victims, of these messages, they would rightly have found them offensive and unacceptable and would seek the removal of that person from their work place. :thumbup:

I'm not defending them but what I am saying is that some are making this out to be bigger than what it is.

I know for a fact such talk goes on at the training ground and owners know about it. Why did not Tan do something about it during our promotion season. I think we know why.

What so if you show a strong sense of injustice at people high up in management being literally racist, homophobic, etc. You are a wet liberal?

Have a word with yourself!

Find me a policy or manifesto promise from a British political party which approves of, or encourages these bigoted views.

Like I said, it must be difficult to moderate this forum when you make statements like this.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Can't believe I just read a comparison between frank Boyle and malky :lol: there is a vast difference between what frankie does on stage and what malky did, frankie is a comedian that's his job it is expected of him since that's the comedy he does, doesn't mean what he says as jokes right but that's his profession, malky is a manager at pro level where there is a diverse culture backgrounds and most pro clubs, he cannot be saying these things in his profession, he should of had more brains than that, yes he didn't expect it to come out since it was private texts to him and moody, but at a job he holds he should know better and that it could always come back to bite him on the backside and that's exactly what happened, he deserves his punishment but he should also be able to have another chance to be a manager somewhere else, massive learning curve this will be for malky, good manager at the end of the day

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

If I'm a "wet liberal" Does that make you a "right wing fascist"? I will take your word for it that you have heard worse on the training ground, but that isn't the point unless someone takes offence and brings it to the authorities attention, is it? Please, don't make a bigger fool of yourself by now insinuating that VT was complicate in this type of behaviour, but kept quiet about it because the manager was doing well :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

If I'm a "wet liberal" Does that make you a "right wing fascist"? I will take your word for it that you have heard worse on the training ground, but that isn't the point unless someone takes offence and brings it to the authorities attention, is it? Please, don't make a bigger fool of yourself by now insinuating that VT was complicate in this type of behaviour, but kept quiet about it because the manager was doing well :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Unbelievable how people still defend his actions.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Quite interesting that Rio Ferdinand has just been banned for 3 games and fined £25K and been told to attend counselling, for calling some ones Mum a "Sket" on Twitter. So, their does seem to be an appetite out their amongst the football authorities for cracking down on what is deemed offensive :thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Quite interesting that Rio Ferdinand has just been banned for 3 games and fined £25K and been told to attend counselling, for calling some ones Mum a "Sket" on Twitter. So, their does seem to be an appetite out their amongst the football authorities for cracking down on what is deemed offensive :thumbup:

Spot on!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sorry but I feel the both of you have led sheltered lives.

Right wing fascist...so be so arrogant....as I've said I have lived amongst such cultures that all this is aired at and most of them would laugh this off.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Bakedalasker:

Who the hell do you think you are!! Your patronising dismissal of perfectly reasonable and widely held views is breathtaking. If you are saying that racism is acceptable because some people you met have said it's ok, you are an ignoramus. There are laws in this country, or are they made by wet liberals too (despite there being no Liberal government in my living memory).

Being a Moderator on this forum, I would expect higher standards from you and a bit more respect for posters. You should be ashamed of yourself for trivialising such a sensitive issue by putting fellow Bluebirds down.

You'll be glad to know that I won't respond to anything less than an apology so enjoy your evening. Shalom.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Bakedalasker:

Who the hell do you think you are!! Your patronising dismissal of perfectly reasonable and widely held views is breathtaking. If you are saying that racism is acceptable because some people you met have said it's ok, you are an ignoramus. There are laws in this country, or are they made by wet liberals too (despite there being no Liberal government in my living memory).

Being a Moderator on this forum, I would expect higher standards from you and a bit more respect for posters. You should be ashamed of yourself for trivialising such a sensitive issue by putting fellow Bluebirds down.

You'll be glad to know that I won't respond to anything less than an apology so enjoy your evening. Shalom.

Where am I saying racism is acceptable... am not...what am saying is some on here are making it a bigger issue than it is.

Don't come to me with the moderator thing...that is my opinion....

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Where am I saying racism is acceptable... am not...what am saying is some on here are making it a bigger issue than it is.

I said I wouldn't respond, but there you go...
You are not decrying the racism here because you are implying over-reaction and trivialising it by saying it isn't as big as others are making out. as a result it comes over as condoning racism, etc.

The fact you shouted something at someone rather than shooting them is no justification for saying what you like. You refer to "such people", again, patronising their identities in the same as you called me part of "you lot".

You call posters "wet liberals" and object when someone says by the same logic are you a right wing fascist??? A bit rich!

I'm not coming to you with the Moderator thing. I am telling you in public so that everyone is aware of your views as a moderator.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

You are not decrying the racism here because you are implying over-reaction and trivialising it by saying it isn't as big as others are making out. as a result it comes over as condoning racism, etc.

The fact you shouted something at someone rather than shooting them is no justification for saying what you like. You refer to "such people", again, patronising their identities in the same as you called me part of "you lot".

You call posters "wet liberals" and object when someone says by the same logic are you a right wing fascist??? A bit rich!

I'm not coming to you with the Moderator thing. I am telling you in public so that everyone is aware of your views as a moderator.

My best mate is from another land of which a number of people on here have met so don't tie me down as a racist.

My view of the whole matter is that I don't consider it a big thing yet people like you make it out a national disgrace. That is your opinion but it is not mind. That about sums it up.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

My best mate is from another land of which a number of people on here have met so don't tie me down as a racist.

My view of the whole matter is that I don't consider it a big thing yet people like you make it out a national disgrace. That is your opinion but it is not mind. That about sums it up.

Your mate is from another land? Strange way of putting it. Didn't tie you down as a racist, but you are trivialising it because it IS a big issue. It isn't a national disgrace, but a personal disgrace for MM and IM. What I don't want is for the club to be dragged in.

As soon as this story broke, Annis was one of the first to condemn their actions in sending the messages, despite his previous allegiance to Malky. He was clear in his stance and that was the right thing to do in my opinion. That about sums it up for me. :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:33 pm

the main problem i have with mackay is he was giving interviews condemning other peoples racism, but at the same time he was sending racist texts and according to players like ibby farah, was a racist in real life too.

i don't think racism is the worst crime there is. but mackay is a hypocrite at best.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Your mate is from another land? Strange way of putting it. Didn't tie you down as a racist, but you are trivialising it because it IS a big issue. It isn't a national disgrace, but a personal disgrace for MM and IM. What I don't want is for the club to be dragged in.

As soon as this story broke, Annis was one of the first to condemn their actions in sending the messages, despite his previous allegiance to Malky. He was clear in his stance and that was the right thing to do in my opinion. That about sums it up for me. :bluescarf:

Glad you have not tied me down as a racist. I just wanted to make that clear hence my comment about another land. It seems to me however I put it the reaction I would get would be taboo.

My reaction to the news of the text was one of that is not good for Malky. I certainly don't think he has done himself any favours. However to brand him an outright racist as some have I just feel is over the top.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Glad you have not tied me down as a racist. I just wanted to make that clear hence my comment about another land. It seems to me however I put it the reaction I would get would be taboo.

My reaction to the news of the text was one of that is not good for Malky. I certainly don't think he has done himself any favours. However to brand him an outright racist as some have I just feel is over the top.

Like I said, let's keep this separate from the club's reputation.

Malky made some big mistakes. Let's leave it at that and move on, yes?

:thumbup: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:41 pm

I would say make is a racist, and a bully and many more words. Thankfully tan rid us of him

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

ibby farah has stated he is a racist, and he was racist to black players when he could get away with it.

theres more to it than a few racist texts IMO.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:09 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

ibby farah has stated he is a racist, and he was racist to black players when he could get away with it.

theres more to it than a few racist texts IMO.

Yes he did then he retracted those statements.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:18 am

He has brought shame to the club such as a few other people have in the past.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:32 am

Bakedalasker wrote:My reaction to the news of the text was one of that is not good for Malky....However to brand him an outright racist as some have I just feel is over the top.

OK mate. I used to really like Malky but what part of this isn't outright racism?

From a black person who worked for the club "Malky Mackay is a racist wish the people at Cardiff City seen it sooner. To treat certain players how he did at Cardiff was disgusting."

Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to jail was sent)
Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

I am glad you aren't racist though.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:32 am

Fergy1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:My reaction to the news of the text was one of that is not good for Malky....However to brand him an outright racist as some have I just feel is over the top.

OK mate. I used to really like Malky but what part of this isn't outright racism?

From a black person who worked for the club "Malky Mackay is a racist wish the people at Cardiff City seen it sooner. To treat certain players how he did at Cardiff was disgusting."

Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to jail was sent)
Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

I am glad you aren't racist though.

Were all these above sent by Malky? I know the Fkn chinky one was.