Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Malky Mackay and Ian Moody '

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:52 am

" FA SET FOR FURIOUS BACKLASH IF THEY FAIL TO CHARGE MACKAY & MOODY "

Wednesday 29th Oct 2014.

Senior FA figures are braced for a furious backlash if, as expected, they fail to charge Malky Mackay and Iain Moody over their exchange of sexist, racist and homophobic texts and emails.

The FA will leave themselves open to accusations of inconsistency and weakness if they do not take action against the former Cardiff City manager and the head of recruitment who worked alongside him in south Wales. Particularly when the correspondence was passed to the FA by Cardiff City, having been obtained through a search order of Moody's house granted by a High Court judge.

The FA insist the matter is ongoing despite the fact that Sportsmail first revealed the details of the texts and emails on August 21. But it appears to be reaching a conclusion with the belief being that the FA will not charge Moody and Mackay.

Former Cardiff manager Malky Mackay is expected to avoid punishment for sending offensive texts and emails

Mackay and his former colleague Iain Moody have been the subject of an FA investigation since late August

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan helped uncover the offensive messages while investigating Mackay and Moody

' THE DAMNING MESSAGES ' :shock: :shock:

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung
'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On football agent Phil Smith
'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

On an official of another club
'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a list of potential signings
'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On a player's female agent
A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to jail was sent)
Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

It is understood the FA will cite their policy is not to act on 'private communications'; a position they adopted earlier this year when sexist emails sent by Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore from his work inbox were leaked to the media.
FA officials realise there is likely to be uproar if they fail to act on the Mackay and Moody messages that included deeply offensive remarks about players — Korean midfielder Kim Bo-kyung and his representatives were referred to as 'Fkn chinkys' by Mackay — as well as their own employers at Cardiff and football agents.
The FA is also expected to announce a review of the organisation's policy on private communications.

Mackay has apologised for sending messages that were 'disrespectful of other cultures', while Moody resigned as director of football at Crystal Palace in a week when he hoped to appoint Mackay as manager at the club.

If there is no charge there is expected to be a detailed, written explanation from the FA's governance department, outlining the efforts they went to in an attempt to bring charges against Mackay and Moody.

Re: "Malky Mackay and Ian Moody '

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:13 am

In my view he was just unfortunate enough to have been caught out with the texts.

He has a dry sense of humour as do many, you hear the likes of Franky Boyle say things almost as bad as ''fukin Chinkys' Live on stage yet that's ok because he's making a joke of it.

Malky and Moody obviously had that ''dry sense of banter'' in the office. I'd love to see them unfold personal messages from all 44 1st and 2nd tier clubs and see what they find..

As for the money if Malky pocketed a lump some out of the transfer fee then their is no excuse he knows how serious that is and it's a pre meditated action, he should in theory be rightfully jailed and its his own fault

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 am

Private messages should be kept private. I hope the FA doesn't charge them.

Problem is will malky and moody now be trusted to work with other clubs knowing that the clubs with have a number of black players etc...

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:17 am

I wasn't expecting any charges against them, and I'm not bothered that there won't be. The FA as well as UEFA and FIFA do nothing about racism and are all as corrupt as each other.
At the same time, the fact neither are working in football at the moment and hopefully won't be for a long time is punishment enough for PRIVATE messages in my opinion, provided they are not cleared of any wrongdoings.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:19 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:In my view he was just unfortunate enough to have been caught out with the texts.

He has a dry sense of humour as do many, you hear the likes of Franky Boyle say things almost as bad as ''fukin Chinkys' Live on stage yet that's ok because he's making a joke of it.

Malky and Moody obviously had that ''dry sense of banter'' in the office. I'd love to see them unfold personal messages from all 44 1st and 2nd tier clubs and see what they find..

:shock:

This isn't a "dry sense of humour" it is blatently rascist, homophobic, sexist and downright abusive.

If you sent an e-mail to a colleague that referred to your Asian boss as MM and IM did would you expect to be a job the next day......... no you wouldn't. In fact most of us would, quite rightly, also be fearful lof a knock on the door by the Old Bill too.

To the vast majority of sensible, fair people Frankie Boyle calling people ''fukin Chinkys' is not acceptable. IT'S RASCIST and simply no justification for it. You, and I, may feel a degree of loyalty to Malky for what he did for our club, however what he did was wrong and cannot be defended in my view.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:31 am

piledriver64 wrote:
sloper_road_legend wrote:In my view he was just unfortunate enough to have been caught out with the texts.

This isn't a "dry sense of humour" it is blatently rascist, homophobic, sexist and downright abusive.

If you sent an e-mail to a colleague that referred to your Asian boss as MM and IM did would you expect to be a job the next day......... no you wouldn't. In fact most of us would, quite rightly, also be fearful lof a knock on the door by the Old Bill too.

To the vast majority of sensible, fair people Frankie Boyle calling people ''fukin Chinkys' is not acceptable. IT'S RASCIST and simply no justification for it. You, and I, may feel a degree of loyalty to Malky for what he did for our club, however what he did was wrong and cannot be defended in my view.

We've all said something unsavoury. Time to get on with it

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:38 am

CantonJack wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I completely agree and none of us are without fault and are probably lucky that we've got away with it. But the longer we, others, continue to try to minimise or justify such comments the longer racism will continue to blight our society.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 am

piledriver64 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I completely agree and none of us are without fault and are probably lucky that we've got away with it. But the longer we, others, continue to try to minimise or justify such comments the longer racism will continue to blight our society.

Spot on!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 am

CantonJack wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I feel Piledriver and a few like him are being too sensitive to all of this.

The amount of times I was called a sheepshagger or Shagwell while serving in the military well if it was a crime for compensation I would be a millionaire by now.

Malkys problem were is the position he held. If he used such talk amongst the squad like that Ibby claimed then to me that is more like bullying which in my mind is a worse crime. Using your authority to bully someone be it by "racist" remarks or personal issues then action should be taken. Why do we make such an issue of such name calling but let bully pass by?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:04 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

The amount of times I was called a sheepshagger or Shagwell while serving in the military well if it was a crime for compensation I would be a millionaire by now.

Malkys problem were is the position he held. If he used such talk amongst the squad like that Ibby claimed then to me that is more like bullying which in my mind is a worse crime. Using your authority to bully someone be it by "racist" remarks or personal issues then action should be taken. Why do we make such an issue of such name calling but let bully pass by?

For the record, whilst we won't agree on all of this I completely agree with your point on bullying and it is just as serious and can be catastrophic in it's affect on people.

I just think that none of this should be excused, if that makes me "too sensitive" so be it.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

For the record, whilst we won't agree on all of this I completely agree with your point on bullying and it is just as serious and can be catastrophic in it's affect on people.

I just think that none of this should be excused, if that makes me "too sensitive" so be it.

Yes well in that case we should all hold our hands up.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:42 am

where are the criminal charges regarding the signings and agents etc?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:48 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:where are the criminal charges regarding the signings and agents etc?

Very difficult to prove.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:57 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:where are the criminal charges regarding the signings and agents etc?

Very difficult to prove.

Very difficult to prove something if it did not exist.

However criminal charges should be brought against OGS for signing Dikagcoi. :laughing6:
If MM had signed him there would be uproar.
That signing could potentially cost us more than Cornelius signing, as he must be on £30k a week, so possibly £5m over 3 years.

Claims he is injured (niggling injuries) are a cover up for an overwight unprofessional player, who is milking the club for everything he can.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Obviously incorrect accusations.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:05 pm

As for the money if Malky pocketed a lump some out of the transfer fee then their is no excuse he knows how serious that is and it's a pre meditated action, he should in theory be rightfully jailed and its his own fault

the difference with boyle and mackay is that boyle is honest and upfront, and makes no bones about the fact that he is not PC. malky mackay was dishonest about his position on the issue.

malky mackay was sending these texts whilst occupying the moral high ground by giving interviews saying racism is completely unacceptable and its the worst thing on the planet.

banter, yeah whatever :lol:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Disgrace that a person in charge of our club would act in such a way.

Played the fans for fools

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" FA SET FOR FURIOUS BACKLASH IF THEY FAIL TO CHARGE MACKAY & MOODY "

Wednesday 29th Oct 2014.

Senior FA figures are braced for a furious backlash if, as expected, they fail to charge Malky Mackay and Iain Moody over their exchange of sexist, racist and homophobic texts and emails.

The FA will leave themselves open to accusations of inconsistency and weakness if they do not take action against the former Cardiff City manager and the head of recruitment who worked alongside him in south Wales. Particularly when the correspondence was passed to the FA by Cardiff City, having been obtained through a search order of Moody's house granted by a High Court judge.

The FA insist the matter is ongoing despite the fact that Sportsmail first revealed the details of the texts and emails on August 21. But it appears to be reaching a conclusion with the belief being that the FA will not charge Moody and Mackay.

Former Cardiff manager Malky Mackay is expected to avoid punishment for sending offensive texts and emails

Mackay and his former colleague Iain Moody have been the subject of an FA investigation since late August

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan helped uncover the offensive messages while investigating Mackay and Moody

' THE DAMNING MESSAGES ' :shock: :shock:

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung
'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On football agent Phil Smith
'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

On an official of another club
'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a list of potential signings
'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On a player's female agent
A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to jail was sent)
Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

It is understood the FA will cite their policy is not to act on 'private communications'; a position they adopted earlier this year when sexist emails sent by Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore from his work inbox were leaked to the media.
FA officials realise there is likely to be uproar if they fail to act on the Mackay and Moody messages that included deeply offensive remarks about players — Korean midfielder Kim Bo-kyung and his representatives were referred to as 'Fkn chinkys' by Mackay — as well as their own employers at Cardiff and football agents.
The FA is also expected to announce a review of the organisation's policy on private communications.

Mackay has apologised for sending messages that were 'disrespectful of other cultures', while Moody resigned as director of football at Crystal Palace in a week when he hoped to appoint Mackay as manager at the club.

If there is no charge there is expected to be a detailed, written explanation from the FA's governance department, outlining the efforts they went to in an attempt to bring charges against Mackay and Moody.

YOU'VE GOT ALL THE MESSAGES WRONG :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 pm

I see that the usual ignorant knuckle draggers are out and defending the actions of too arrogant men who have been caught out, bang to rites displaying sexist, racist and homophobic behaviour, which has been brought to the public eye. Not only that, but the two of them are hypocrites of the highest order, as they are involved in an industry that demands their public participation in campaigns against such behaviour.
Having said all that, I'm not sure what the FA can charge them with, apart from bringing the game into disrepute, which doesn't really carry a huge punishment. Their biggest punishment, is that they will not work in the game for a couple of years and most sensible people within clubs will never trust and employ them. The FA needs to at least charge them with disrepute if just to exonerate themselves and have it documented that they took action, otherwise the Kick-Out racism campaign will feel badly let down. :thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Disgrace that a person in charge of our club would act in such a way.

Played the fans for fools

Absolutely agree! :thumbup:

I find it particularly sad that (arguably) the most successful Cardiff City FC manager for 50 years proved to be something of a fraud, but it has to be said that Malky played a superb game until exposed; although I still believe Moody to be the more culpable in all of this wholly unsavoury business

What is of equal concern is those who think what he did was "OK" as it was 'in private' :shock:

It wasn't 'in private', because it got into the public domain through Moody's apparent text to Dougie Freedman and later via a legitimately actioned Search Warrant! The club (and by default Tan) were informed and rightly took huge offence at the remarks from the very people who were supposed to be the 'guardians' of the club and its players

Malky was given the opportunity to resign and report the issue himself, but a mix of stubborness and (probably) a forlorn hope that he could "ride the storm" ensured that the saga dragged on whilst he 'milked' sympathy from an empathetic fan-base that wanted desperately to believe him rather than Vincent Tan!

As I said, you are absolutely correct...Malky played a blinder and (for a time) I was one who fell for it! :oops:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 pm

MM and IM should be brought to account for their texts and e mails. You have to remember that both were in charge of many personnel, amongst whom are men, women and children of many ethnic backgrounds and of various religions and sexual persuasions. Those messages undermined the whole ethos of CCFC and set a dangerous example for others to follow.

To say that someone isn't racist for sending a racist text is like saying that someone isn't a thief because they only stole once.

I can't believe this is still being debated. The link with the club is at best a distraction so let's get back to football and distance ourselves from
What will be seen as a sad chapter in the club's history.

C'mon Bluebirds! :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:MM and IM should be brought to account for their texts and e mails. You have to remember that both were in charge of many personnel, amongst whom are men, women and children of many ethnic backgrounds and of various religions and sexual persuasions. Those messages undermined the whole ethos of CCFC and set a dangerous example for others to follow.

To say that someone isn't racist for sending a racist text is like saying that someone isn't a thief because they only stole once.

I can't believe this is still being debated. The link with the club is at best a distraction so let's get back to football and distance ourselves from

I think you will find that the ones defending their behaviour and shrugging it off, telling people to not be so sensitive are unfortunately bigots themselves who are too ignorant or thick to grasp an understanding of what is and what is not acceptable behaviour in the 21st century :thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:MM and IM should be brought to account for their texts and e mails. You have to remember that both were in charge of many personnel, amongst whom are men, women and children of many ethnic backgrounds and of various religions and sexual persuasions. Those messages undermined the whole ethos of CCFC and set a dangerous example for others to follow.

I think you will find that the ones defending their behaviour and shrugging it off, telling people to not be so sensitive are unfortunately bigots themselves who are too ignorant or thick to grasp an understanding of what is and what is not acceptable behaviour in the 21st century :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

You lot are making it out to be the crime of the century. I'm taking it you lot are totally innocent of such remarks?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

You lot are making it out to be the crime of the century. I'm taking it you lot are totally innocent of such remarks?

Speaking for myself (as one of the "you lot"), I can honestly say that I have never passed or written any such remarks in the whole of my working life. You have to remember that these were generated on works mobiles and sent via at club's e mail system. Who said it was the crime of the century? I just don't think anyone should be trivialising the matter and implying disapproval is an over-reaction.

Please don't make me out to be a minority by segregating me from the true fans. My blood is as blue as yours. If you can't see racist remarks as seriously offensive then it must be difficult to be a moderator. Just saying.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Who decides what is offensive or acceptable in the 21st Century?
What is acceptable to one person is not acceptable to another. Who decides?
Obviously it must be decided by the pure and innocent who have never done, or even thought of anything offensive (or perceived to be offensive) to another person, alive or dead.
As I doubt we will find no more than a dozen of such people on this forum then obviously it must be accepted that the rest of us are entitled to think and say as we feel. I am happy for this freedom (of thought and deed) to continue.
I suggest people read 1984 and they will get a grasp of the future when those still alive will be told what to do, say and think.
Acts of homosexuality are now legal in this country, but does it mean I have to like it or take part in them? If I do not, does that make me a bigot?
Koreans eat dogs (allegedly) but if I do not want to eat dogs does that make me a racist for refusing, or even thinking it is wrong?
Women who have breast implants, then show them off, is it sexist to look, or comment, on them?
If the “remarks” are not aimed at you personally, what has it got to do with you? Why do some people feel the need to be offended for someone else? Is it because nobody takes them serious or knows they even exist? Is it because it makes them feel better about themselves?
Those who wish to be the social conscience and feel hurt for someone else (probably never even met) then carry on but I have work and a family to concern myself with, and not people I do not know. If it was someone I know and they were being bullied (physically or verbally) then that is a different matter.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Speaking for myself (as one of the "you lot"), I can honestly say that I have never passed or written any such remarks in the whole of my working life. You have to remember that these were generated on works mobiles and sent via at club's e mail system. Who said it was the crime of the century? I just don't think anyone should be trivialising the matter and implying disapproval is an over-reaction.

Please don't make me out to be a minority by segregating me from the true fans. My blood is as blue as yours. If you can't see racist remarks as seriously offensive then it must be difficult to be a moderator. Just saying.

I've lived/work in such countries for many years and have assimilated quite well amongst such people thank you. One thing I have found is in such situations throwing a comment at such people is a lot better than firing a bullet at them. As one foreigner said said to me "I don't mind you saying such things at me because it proves I am important in your life". Never such a truer word.

How do we respond when the English visiting supporters start calling us Sheepshaggers. We reply sheep sheep sheep shaggers. That is the best reply you can give instead of crying racist.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:11 pm

abergblue wrote:Who decides what is offensive or acceptable in the 21st Century?
What is acceptable to one person is not acceptable to another. Who decides?
Obviously it must be decided by the pure and innocent who have never done, or even thought of anything offensive (or perceived to be offensive) to another person, alive or dead.
As I doubt we will find no more than a dozen of such people on this forum then obviously it must be accepted that the rest of us are entitled to think and say as we feel. I am happy for this freedom (of thought and deed) to continue.
I suggest people read 1984 and they will get a grasp of the future when those still alive will be told what to do, say and think.
Acts of homosexuality are now legal in this country, but does it mean I have to like it or take part in them? If I do not, does that make me a bigot?
Koreans eat dogs (allegedly) but if I do not want to eat dogs does that make me a racist for refusing, or even thinking it is wrong?
Women who have breast implants, then show them off, is it sexist to look, or comment, on them?
If the “remarks” are not aimed at you personally, what has it got to do with you? Why do some people feel the need to be offended for someone else? Is it because nobody takes them serious or knows they even exist? Is it because it makes them feel better about themselves?
Those who wish to be the social conscience and feel hurt for someone else (probably never even met) then carry on but I have work and a family to concern myself with, and not people I do not know. If it was someone I know and they were being bullied (physically or verbally) then that is a different matter.

I can't even begin to point out to you, how misguided you are :roll:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

I've lived/work in such countries for many years and have assimilated quite well amongst such people thank you. One thing I have found is in such situations throwing a comment at such people is a lot better than firing a bullet at them. As one foreigner said said to me "I don't mind you saying such things at me because it proves I am important in your life". Never such a truer word.

How do we respond when the English visiting supporters start calling us Sheepshaggers. We reply sheep sheep sheep shaggers. That is the best reply you can give instead of crying racist.

If they chant that on saturday I will feel hurt. May come on here to get someone to feel upset for me, so we can have a manufactured collective/public feeling of pain and disgust.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

You just continue to show a startling amount of ignorance, calling someone a sheep shagger is not racist, it's just a name that infers that the Welsh are kind of primitive in their sexual preferences :lol: The welsh are not a race :thumbup: In any case, it's not that this is a case of blatant racism, its more to do with the fact that these guys have exchanged messages that seek to be offensive and demeaning to their business associates and colleagues and have chosen to do so by defining each victim by race, sexuality or gender. I really don't know why some are defending them, if they had been the victims, of these messages, they would rightly have found them offensive and unacceptable and would seek the removal of that person from their work place. :thumbup: