Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dog Abandoned - Advice Needed

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:29 pm

Looking for some advice here guys.

I work as a letting agent and today the tenants at one of our houses decided to do a runner leaving the property in an absolute tip , dog and cat shit everywhere and generally dirty throughout. They also decided that they would leave their dog behind in the freezing cold with windows wide open.

Called the RSPCA and they have been absolutely useless and I have been totally shocked by their service , didn't want to know at all , eventually after speaking to about 3 different people they agreed to get someone out , the animal officer was currently on an emergency call but I was told she would be around after she had finished up there , I then received a call at 9pm to say no one would be coming now because it was too late which I personally think is disgusting. When the TV camera's are off clearly they don't give a shit.

Anyway if I take this guy down to the pound in the morning will they take him in or does anyone have any better suggestions of where to take him ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Re: Dog Abandoned - Advice Needed

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:51 pm

take to the pound and tell them what happened with rspca aswell! they will sort it out for you

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 pm

What dog is it?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Its a Border Collie

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Don't take it to the pound they will just put him down. Phone dogs trust they will have him from you and re home him.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:14 am

Yeah my missus works at the dogs trust and she has said give them a call they would be much better than the pound. Dogs trust will never put down a dog unless absolutely nessecary and will do whatever they can for them, a pound although they do have good intentions if they can't support the dog they will put it down.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:43 am

I use to support the RSPCA by direct debit but when I heard about how much of my DD went to actually helping animals and stories like this, I stopped donating and sponsor a tiger in the wild now.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:54 pm

http://www.manytearsrescue.org/

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Surpised at the RSPCA, very poor. You see them on these TV shows looking like they are saving the world but dont give a sh1t

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 pm

RSPCA one of the richest organisations around and you can why with their attitude.

take dog to dogtrust mate.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:07 pm

Jules wrote:RSPCA one of the richest organisations around and you can why with their attitude.

take dog to dogtrust mate.

Used to donate to RSPCA but stopped when they funded a court case against a fox hunting group. Not that I support fox hunting but shocked how they could waste £100,000's on a court case instead of using the money that was donated for injured/sick/abandoned animals.
Try Fourpaws Rescue centre as they take in dogs,cats, rabbits.

http://fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/