Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" RUSSELL SLADE MET FANS TONIGHT "

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Russell Slade, along with Scott Young, met with a small gathering of fans in the Stadium this evening.

Nothing major was said that hasn't already been reported in the media or on the forum already.

Slade said he was extremely surprised how unfit the squad was when he arrived and how quiet the group was.

He spoke about how he is trying to bring positivity to the squad.

Reiterated that the squad is too big and that he is going to trim the squad, Slade joked it is not too hard for people to work out who is likely to leave as his squad has consisted of mostly the same players in his three games so far.

He did say how Daehli is finding it difficult at the moment being out of his comfort zone but he is young and a special talent.

This small meeting was a prelude to the fans forum, which details will be announced soon.

Daehli and Turner are playing in tonight's development game against Gillingham.

Re: RUSSELL SLADE MET FANS TONIGHT

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Did anyone ask about Guerra?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Did anyone ask about Guerra?

I think it's pretty evident that both the Spanish players are on their way out!

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

Agreed, poor attitude. Don't need it.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Yeah I just wonder why? Has seemed bright and a quality striker when used in league games. Seems just what we lack.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Yeah I just wonder why? Has seemed bright and a quality striker when used in league games. Seems just what we lack.

Totally agree, but to me seems like they are rock bottom in morale and once players are unsettled its difficult to change their mind set. Slade as told them to prove what they have, they obviously have made their minds up and their agents have pre arranged something for them in next transfer window... I agree its a shame..

Re: " RUSSELL SLADE MET FANS TONIGHT "

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:27 pm

What does he mean Matts is out of his comfort zone. At times he's been our best player and potentially one of Cardiffs greatest ever players (not saying that lightly).

I really hope Slade can find a way to involve him soon. It would be a massive shame if he walked in January.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:16 pm

What was the context for what he said about Matts? As he's hardly played since Slade arrived its hard to say what is the issue. The last time i saw him play was under Young and Gabbidon and he was very good playing as no 10 and all probably his best game this season, why didn't they build on that?
Hmm...Whats the problem then? Is he out of his comfort zone withs slades style of football or formation? Or is his head down because he's been dropped? Doesn't sound very good tbh. Cant imagine Matts wants to sit on the bench and play for the DVP for the rest of the season.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:25 am

Skewett wrote:What does he mean Matts is out of his comfort zone. At times he's been our best player and potentially one of Cardiffs greatest ever players (not saying that lightly).

I really hope Slade can find a way to involve him soon. It would be a massive shame if he walked in January.

I'm totally with you regarding Matts :thumbright:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:38 am

Skewett wrote:What does he mean Matts is out of his comfort zone. At times he's been our best player and potentially one of Cardiffs greatest ever players (not saying that lightly).

i dont believe he should be making remarks about players to fans anyway regarding comfort zones etc.
smacks of unprofessionalism to me.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:38 am

steve davies wrote:

i dont believe he should be making remarks about players to fans anyway regarding comfort zones etc.

Maybe its just referring to the fitness regime Slade as put in place? And mats is not use to things in Norwegian league & don't think ole was tuff enough as been stated on here. :old:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:29 am

steve davies wrote:

Steve,
100% Slade should not of made comments like that about Matt or any City player.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:41 am

pembroke allan wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Maybe its just referring to the fitness regime Slade as put in place? And mats is not use to things in Norwegian league & don't think ole was tuff enough as been stated on here. :old:

People forget Matts was at Man U for years, he was only in the Norwegian league for 6 months.
He would be Used to a very competitive environment, I would be surprised if slades fitness regime was so strenuous to him it put him out of his comfort zone.
Also have to agree with Annis and Steve that Slades comments seems unprofessional. I don't think he should be talking about players like that.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:20 am

Matts played for the DVP last night and he's the last of our players who'd be fazed by increased levels of training.

Read my separate post about his play last night.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:32 pm

steve davies wrote:

Agree, Steve :thumbup:

He may need some of those players one day soon (and IMHO one or two right now, including a fit and eager Guerra!)

As for Matts, I think he wants to be here and wants to do well, so will continue to work hard and improve. He seems to have a good attitude about him for one so young! :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Skewett wrote:Matts played for the DVP last night and he's the last of our players who'd be fazed by increased levels of training.

Read my separate post about his play last night.

I'm shocked and stunned he was even dropped in the first place as he was the one thing that Ole got right :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Just out of interest Carl which person who attended the meeting gave you this report of part of it as the interpretation of what was said about Matt Delhi comes across as quite a misleading negative which it wasn't if you were there and heard what was actually said.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Maybe it's a reference to the fact that Mats doesn't have the comfort of having Ole and his coaching staff around him which he is used to from United and Molde.
I agree he shouldn't have picked individuals but maybe it wasn't a criticism just factual.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Kereph wrote:Maybe it's a reference to the fact that Mats doesn't have the comfort of having Ole and his coaching staff around him which he is used to from United and Molde.
I agree he shouldn't have picked individuals but maybe it wasn't a criticism just factual.

in that context I agree :thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:39 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:Just out of interest Carl which person who attended the meeting gave you this report of part of it as the interpretation of what was said about Matt Delhi comes across as quite a misleading negative which it wasn't if you were there and heard what was actually said.

I'd be very surprised if it was actually said in the manner that the original poster said it was. I've got nothing against Russell Slade and am fully behind him as our manager. I fear not everyone feels the same on this forum. Twisting words and quotes to suit their own needs and agendas. And filling the forum with their anti Tan and anyone he brings In.

Slade W2 D0 L1

6 from 9, what's not to like?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Steve,

Agree. A bit strange that

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:41 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:Just out of interest Carl which person who attended the meeting gave you this report of part of it as the interpretation of what was said about Matt Delhi comes across as quite a misleading negative which it wasn't if you were there and heard what was actually said.

I'd be very surprised if it was actually said in the manner that the original poster said it was. I've got nothing against Russell Slade and am fully behind him as our manager. I fear not everyone feels the same on this forum. Twisting words and quotes to suit their own needs and agendas. And filling the forum with their anti Tan and anyone he brings In.

Slade W2 D0 L1

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Think too much has been made of the OGS-Matts connection. Look it up on Wiki, OGS had already gone back to Molds by the time Matts arrived in Manchester.
Matts only played under OGS for about a year altogether at Cardiff and in Norway. He would have been used to different coaches prior to that, so i can't see that being a massive problem.

Seems like its Eikrem that has the stronger OGS connection, Eikrem and Macheda played under OGS at Man U U21, Eikrem followed OGS to Molds and later to Cardiff.
Last edited by LonCar on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:42 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Steve,

My making of it is that Deahli was quite comfortable under Ole but now he is gone has to adapt to the new regime.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Steve,

My making of it is that Deahli was quite comfortable under Ole but now he is gone has to adapt to the new regime.

Isn't that true for everyone though? All of them would have to adapt to the new regime to some extent.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:56 pm

If you know different then why not just say :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Slade W2 D0 L1

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:11 pm

You can say that again :lol:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

My point was a query as to who provided Carl with the report as it is not attributed to anyone in Carl's OP.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Spot on Luke, just say what you mean and be straight to the point :thumbright: :thumbright: