Russell Slade - "Small Margins"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BlueMagic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:27 pm

First of all I am happy with the start under Russell Slade so far and even though we lost saturday I am not downbeat yet and to feeling as negative toward the future already like a lot of fans because we have lost one away game. The way I see it this is the championship and we got out battled and bullied by Millwall and that happens in the championship, and if we had took our chances then we would have beat Millwall and everyone would be praising the team and Russell Slade. We lost and lets wait and see how Russell can make his team react after a loss because that us where Malky Mackay was good, if we lost one week the next week we would get a reaction and put right that loss with a win, lets hope Russell and the team can do the same against Leeds and moving on.

After the loss Russell was quoted saying it is down to small margins which win and lose you games and this was certainly the case saturday because had Forde not made a great save for Noones shot, Le Fondre missed 2 sitters and really good chances then we would have won the game and thats the margins Russell must have been talking about and ultimately determined the result, we missed our chances, Millwall then took a chance and got the win.

But for me now moving forward having seen the evidence what cost us the game will Russell put this right, and for me it would make perfect sense dropping Le Fondre and giving Guerra a chance or playing Ravel instead of Le Fondre as a second striker or in a free role behind the striker.
Im not basing this on just one game v Millwall but for me Le fondre has been very poor in front of goal all season and is simply not good enough, he's done it before at this level but fact is now for some reason he is not finishing his chances and his finishing is poor and not up to standard.
Its a travesty Guerra hasn't been given more of a chance and if Russell is a good manager and man manager like he's supposed to be then he will give the guy a chance, talk him around and if he has a bad attitude try and give him guidance and turning this attitude around.

Its about how Russell Slade can learn and turn things around now so do you think he can do this and what changes if any would you like to see??? If we win our next two games which is very possible with the teams we are playing that would be 12 points from 15 which is really good :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
BlueMagic

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat