Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What teams do you have a soft spot for?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:06 am

Aberystwyth Wrexham and Ajax cos they were cool as hell when i were a lad :thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:40 am

kidwellyblue wrote:Any team that is playing against Swansea City !! :bluescarf:

As above and any team that is playing against Cewnty :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:06 am

Newport County and Liverpool, great to see the County get back in the football league, and when I was a kid, Liverpool were in the old second division and I followed them as well as the Bluebirds. :) :old:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 am

Aberdeen and Sevilla

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:19 am

Coventry City for me. It's a fairly recent thing and is all about their exile from the Ricoh Arena. Fans have been forced to "travel" to home games. Despite this, they kept the faith and just had their ground back. Good luck to them!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:23 am

Malaga and Dunfermline

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:33 am

Fleur-de-lys

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 am

Denzil wrote:Fleur-de-lys

French footballs shit.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:46 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Denzil wrote:Fleur-de-lys

French footballs shit.

:laughing6:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 am

Barca!

I also used to love Man U as a kid ( hangs head in shame). Mostly because of giggsy!

I like watching arsenals brand of football these days and I'd watch man city to see certain players like silva.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:54 am

Afc Wimbledon (because of their story) and Leyton Orient ( I was born there , never went to their ground though moved here when I was 4)

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Bayern, madrid & PSG.

If you are going to pick a second team, may as well be brilliant. My team picked me, it's in my DNA are they drive me bloody insane !!!!!
:bluescarf:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:54 pm

Have always followed Wolves as a second team ,But of course when we play them its Cardiff All the way for me :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Luton town always had a soft spot for them always played good football and produced good football turned us over a few times over the years

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Martyrs and sennybridge _ (youth)!!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:46 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Luton town always had a soft spot for them always played good football and produced good football turned us over a few times over the years

Also Tenerife because my lad worked out there for nine months and they are shite like city used to be :laughing6:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:26 am

Everton :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:52 am

Merthyr Town, iv'e been to a lot of there games. Mainly when city aren't playing or if there away. Plus Merthyr is more local than Cardiff is to me.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Some people won't like it but my closest ground to me and the Mrs being a Port Vale fan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:35 pm

Coventry City.

Had family up there and remember my uncle taking me to watch them at highfield road against leeds utd in the old first division must have been around 78-79 season . 2-2 draw and great atmosphere .

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:19 pm

Hereford United always loved a trip there when cardiff played them especially the welsh cup game. Alsothey're actually closed to me than Cardiff is.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Luton Town. My dad was born in Luton and all of his side of the family are from that area.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Forgot to mention my uncle Gregory Tibbs had a loan spell at Luton Town as well

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 pm

grimly fiendish wrote:Hereford United always loved a trip there when cardiff played them especially the welsh cup game. Alsothey're actually closed to me than Cardiff is.

I was at Edgar Street for a 1-1 draw when Gareth Stoker scored for Cardiff and then got sent off. There was clearly some strong dislike towards Cardiff on the Meadow End and the celebration when Hereford equalised was bonkers. Steve "Chalkie" White had gone to Cardiff in the previous season too so there was history.