Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What teams do you have a soft spot for?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Haven't had one of these for a while.

Other than Cardiff City, what other teams do you have a soft spot for?

Mine is Shrewsbury Town. It's the club my father supports. They are playing Chelsea tonight so will be going to the pub to watch it :thumbright:

Always like to see Worcester City do well as well, due to where I live.

Re: What teams do you have a soft spot for?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:31 pm

I always make a bet on which teams are going to do well and play nice football and this season they are Real Madrid and Chelsea who I will now occasionally follow but otherwise there's only Cardiff :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Haven't had one of these for a while.

Mine is Shrewsbury Town. It's the club my father supports. They are playing Chelsea tonight so will be going to the pub to watch it :thumbright:

Bury my Mothers side were all born there and I saw them 7 times before I saw City first play :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Merthyr,Atletico Baleares and now Partizan Bekgrade :lol: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Glasgow Rangers & Mansfield

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:09 pm

I don't follow any other team but I like to see Derby doing well as I like their fans and also AFC Wimbledon, purely because I like their story.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Millwall....first opponents I watch and always has been a passionate affair on and off the field until last Saturday were our squad turned out and played like a bunch of poofs.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Arsenal from when I was about 6 till about 16. Used to live for them. I'd know literally everything about them. Bed sheets, wallpapers, the whole shebang.

Then I grew up a bit and realised that I am Welsh. If they didn't have ramsey now I wouldn't look at them twice.

Apart from them I can't think of anyone.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:09 pm

My first shirt

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Ipswich and Nottingham Forest. Ipswich because of John Wark and Nottingham because of Robin Hood :p

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Shrewsbury for me too...worked there a couple of times, know some friends who live there and a really lovely town to visit. Not far from the Welsh Border too. Only a little bit of Arsenal, due to having rambo in it and my dad supported them since he was a kid and still does, so did my uncle, other family and friends from school to uni. Surrounded really.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:33 pm

No real other team but when a player I like leaves city I do tend to look out for them teams and like to see them do well.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:51 pm

Glasgow Rangers, been to watch them about a dozen times and went to two Old Firm games in 89 and 90.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Bradford; partly because they defied the odds and beat Liverpool to stay in the Prem in 2000, and partly because of that awful fire and what I've read about it.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Dunfermline Athletic

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Matt D wrote:Bradford; partly because they defied the odds and beat Liverpool to stay in the Prem in 2000, and partly because of that awful fire and what I've read about it.

Matt,
I also do look out for Bradford after living there and making many good friends there :thumbright:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Aberystwyth town, Fc St Pauli, Afc Wimbledon and Derby always treated great as away fans when you go there.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Swansea.... :laughing6: :lol:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 pm

AC Milan, no idea why just do.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No real other team but when a player I like leaves city I do tend to look out for them teams and like to see them do well.

This!,

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 pm

S.S. Lazio. I lived in Rome for the best part of four years, and used to go and watch them fairly often.

Carmarthen Town. Watch them when there is no clash with CCFC.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:39 pm

If you think watching Cardiff is hard work try watching basketball which is what I'm stuck with for next few months. Our local team have already lost 6 of their 8 pre season games, and were just as bad last season.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Matt D wrote:Bradford; partly because they defied the odds and beat Liverpool to stay in the Prem in 2000, and partly because of that awful fire and what I've read about it.

Matt,
I also do look out for Bradford after living there and making many good friends there :thumbright:

Good man Annis, I thought you'd forgotten us for a moment. I've got a soft spot for Halifax, And we've got them away in FA Cup. :wave:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:45 pm

bradford boy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Matt,

Good man Annis, I thought you'd forgotten us for a moment. I've got a soft spot for Halifax, And we've got them away in FA Cup. :wave:

I could never ever forget you, I was rushing out earlier when I posted on here :thumbright:

Some of the best days of my life living in Bradford :thumbright:

Good luck in the Fa cup :thumbright:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Xenonbluebird wrote:

Shrewsbury for me too...worked there a couple of times, know some friends who live there and a really lovely town to visit. Not far from the Welsh Border too. Only a little bit of Arsenal, due to having rambo in it and my dad supported them since he was a kid and still does, so did my uncle, other family and friends from school to uni. Surrounded really.

My wife is from Shrewsbury and we're up visiting this week. Managed to get to the game tonight and usually get to see them at least once a season

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:11 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:I don't follow any other team but I like to see Derby doing well as I like their fans and also AFC Wimbledon, purely because I like their story.

Same two as me. Derby fans are brilliant :thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:53 am

Hamburg and BVB. Mainly down to my German heritage in my family.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:22 am

AFC Wimbledon, always like to see them do well because of my family and what they've been through.
Everton, because of how they play and they're run so good.
And Accrington Stanley because of FIFA :)

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:43 am

Wrexham and newport I always look out for and go and watch now and again.jacks liverpool qpr leeds and rangers check 2 c thier results hoping they have lost.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:36 am

When I was a kid n we were div 4 the owls were my div 1 team. Felt awful when we got them relegated a few seasons ago

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:04 am

Any team that is playing against Swansea City !! :bluescarf: