Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' City and rebuilding '

Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Whilst Annis has said that Tan wants promotion Asap... Bakedalaska has said this is a two year task...and I quite agree.But
What concerns me is

Whilst we must get behind Slade...is he going to have the contacts to get the quality of players we need !?...Yes he has 650 games behind him..but in the lower leagues...I think most agree Pulis would have been the better option

The players he brings in ..if they are lower league they will be a gamble...but sometimes that pays off .

The lack of experience in the back room staff.

I believe TAN has decided on Slade after advice by Glen Roeder A FRIEND OF SLADES

Tan decided as CARL has told us that he wants consistency in the backroom staff..so probably when he sacks slade the backroom staff will stay. Surely it's not just the manager its the whole set up who are to blame when things go wrong.

There is no doubt that under TAN the manager's job is a poison chalice.

Whilst he got in an inexperienced manager in Solksjaer... he again has missed the boat on an experienced manager by selecting Slade...he's not an up and coming manager he is 53. I wish him luck and hope he does well...but two years may be optimistic. And TAN IS NOT A PATIENT MAN
He is apparently paying Slade a pittance compared to previous managers ..he is intent on keeping the back room staff...to save money...and Slade wont have the money to spend... We need to support the Manager and the team ...but realistically
bide our time

Re: ' City and rebuilding '

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:56 pm

You talk about tan being inpatient yet after 1 loss away to millwall you and bakedalaska are saying slide needs 2 years in charge to get us promoted.
Maybe you should be a bit more patient and give slade a few more games in charge to work out if he will need 2 years to get us promoted. The championship is a hard league and any team in this division could have gone and most to millwall 1-0 saturday.
I think you should wait and see how he reacts to this loss saturday and wait a few more games before you start making judgements like that. Our squad is as good as any team in this division if it is used in the right way so wait and see, we may lack a quality goalscorer but time will tell and if so we can put that right in january but to say there is a massive rebuilding process needed and 2 years to do so with the quality we have in this squad already is nonsense imo...

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:03 pm

sorry Blue magic I disagree....

I don't think this squad is good enough ..I don't rate Macheda... Le Fondre is alright from the bench Maynard has had it since his injury..

In the midfield..whitts blows hot and cold and is too inconsistent.. Ralls is not good enough Gunnarrson also has a run of games then drops.. Noone is good but also has quiet games.. Pilkington is in and out..

at the back the only consistent performers are Fabio and Manga...
if you think the squad is well balanced fine...I don't and I don't think we will be consistent enough to go up..

Next season who knows ..but we have an untried manager at this level and inexperienced back room staff..i have said I will support him and the team ..but that is my opinion..i would love to be proved wrong...but I respect your opinion :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:30 pm

BlueMagic wrote:You talk about tan being inpatient yet after 1 loss away to millwall you and bakedalaska are saying slide needs 2 years in charge to get us promoted.
Maybe you should be a bit more patient and give slade a few more games in charge to work out if he will need 2 years to get us promoted. The championship is a hard league and any team in this division could have gone and most to millwall 1-0 saturday.
I think you should wait and see how he reacts to this loss saturday and wait a few more games before you start making judgements like that. Our squad is as good as any team in this division if it is used in the right way so wait and see, we may lack a quality goalscorer but time will tell and if so we can put that right in january but to say there is a massive rebuilding process needed and 2 years to do so with the quality we have in this squad already is nonsense imo...

This. If we get 6 points from every 3 games until the end of the season we will be pretty well placed.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:54 pm

kimble wrote:sorry Blue magic I disagree....

I don't think this squad is good enough ..I don't rate Macheda... Le Fondre is alright from the bench Maynard has had it since his injury..

In the midfield..whitts blows hot and cold and is too inconsistent.. Ralls is not good enough Gunnarrson also has a run of games then drops.. Noone is good but also has quiet games.. Pilkington is in and out..

at the back the only consistent performers are Fabio and Manga...
if you think the squad is well balanced fine...I don't and I don't think we will be consistent enough to go up..

Next season who knows ..but we have an untried manager at this level and inexperienced back room staff..i have said I will support him and the team ..but that is my opinion..i would love to be proved wrong...but I respect your opinion :ayatollah:

While I agree on the lack of ambition with the manager and I was hugely disappointed with the appointment I think we have a very decent squad....

Le fondre is proven at champ and also got double figures in the prem league, with mostly sub appearances. Mancheda has only really been in last 3 games and has scored two so not a bad ratio. He also banged white a few in for a very poor brum team last yr. we kept Marshall, and I would say our back 4 this yr is better than last. Ktc was awful and Declan John struggled. We have solidarity now and manga has been impressive.. Losing Mutch was a bigger blow than Medel IMO he was quality and the driving force between the midfield and up top. While we have lost Campbell's running, up front I still think we are stronger than last yr in that area. Saturday will be a huge test to see how we cope on the back of a defeat. Are we mentally up for the champ fight? As long as we are still in the mix come xmas... I think we can push on in jan with maybe one or two loans to stiffen up certain areas.. Get out the dead wood.... After the forest and Ipswich games I've got a whole new optimism on things. After all sometimes its not the personnel u have but the system u use with the right players... We would never have beaten forest or Ipswich under ole, yet we prob would have used 9 or even 10 of the same players! Look at palace last yr as a key example. Pulis changed the system. Played the right people in the right areas and it showed... On paper their squad was not that great. But he got them playing and got results.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:25 pm

maccydee wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:You talk about tan being inpatient yet after 1 loss away to millwall you and bakedalaska are saying slide needs 2 years in charge to get us promoted.

This. If we get 6 points from every 3 games until the end of the season we will be pretty well placed.

Yes but we've only done this for the last 3 games, 2 of which were home.