Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THOMAS INCE "

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:47 am

Looks to be heading to Nottingham Forrest on loan.
What a car crash his career is becoming.

These kids have the world at their feet (no pun intended)
If you get the right contract after a few years work you are pretty much set for life with the way the wages are at the moment.
But how many times are we going to see talent fail because of the riches that fall there way?

To think we almost paid several millions for this flop!!

Re: THOMAS INCE

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:53 pm

The trouble is with these kids/players. They think being a professional sportsman is about being paid. Its not. Its about being professional and applying yourself, training, eating the right food, learning every day to make yourself a better player.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:07 pm

I bet his dad is half the problem.

I would say thank god we didnt sign him but then again he would have been a great deal compared to Cornelius

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Have to say I had a wry smile reading the OP :thumbup: :laughing6:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Another Leon jeanne? Got some talent but doesn't seem to be able to fulfil it.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:33 pm

I don't see how his career is car crash because he might be going out on loan to a decent championship team.

I think some of you are just bitter he chose not to sign for us.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:33 pm

goats wrote:Another Leon jeanne? Got some talent but doesn't seem to be able to fulfil it.

Don't be so ridiculous.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Karl wrote:I don't see how his career is car crash because he might be going out on loan to a decent championship team.

Oh yes im all broken up about that.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Karl wrote:I don't see how his career is car crash because he might be going out on loan to a decent championship team.

Nope! Not for the first time you read people wrong, as I think the majority of supporters were glad he didn't come to Cardiff in the end and given what transpired afterwards! :roll:

Thomas Ince (or rather his egotistical father, Paul) effectively tried to prostitute his undoubted skills and have been brought down to earth with a bang! :thumbup: ;)

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:23 pm

to be fair he made a football decision to join blackpool and he made a football based decision when going to hull. just because it hasn't worked out doesn't mean he went there for money.

he was wary of going to a bigger club and not getting games. he's not had many games for hull but you can't say his career is rotting. he's been there for only a few months.

still an arrogant little tw*t though :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Agree with this. In fact it's rather reminiscent of a certain Wayne Routledge - couldn't settle in prem at first, went to a few clubs, did some time in the championship and now a regular in the prem.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:42 pm

The problem is people.

People are stupid even managers, a few fancy flicks a few goals the team are playing well and Ince is looking fancy.

When the reality kicks in that yes he can play football but he doesn't have the footballing brain or the team work attitude to
make it in the Premier League it's back to the championship where its less technical and the ones who lack that final ingredient will stay for life

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:46 pm

Denzil wrote:The trouble is with these kids/players. They think being a professional sportsman is about being paid. Its not. Its about being professional and applying yourself, training, eating the right food, learning every day to make yourself a better player.

:thumbup:

Re: " THOMAS INCE "

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Having a pushy parent who over-rates their own kids talent doesn't help

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:15 pm

goats wrote:Another Leon jeanne? Got some talent but doesn't seem to be able to fulfil it.

leon jeanne is in cardiff jail now for coke dealing

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 pm

this :thumbup:

they won't admit that though. its because he turned us down that grates with people.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:01 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:Having a pushy parent who over-rates their own kids talent doesn't help

Agree, fella :thumbup:

A lot of parents like that, these days; living their 'dreams' through their children! :oops:

Some of the public rollockings I've seen dished out to youngsters for not living up to parental expectations have been absolutely disgraceful on times! :roll:

It takes the enjoyment (remember that word?) out of it for the young ones and gives them no incentive to carry on. Sometimes, no matter how hard they try, you just have to accept your child simply isn't up to the mark in that particular sphere!

Ince Jnr in this case simply wasn't as good as his dad told him he was (although I would say is a pretty decent player overall) and if people genuinely think going to Hull (and back now! LOL :laughing6: ) is a step-up from the Cardiff City he turned down under Malky's reign at that time then I believe they have it all wrong! :roll:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:21 am

therealjimmyscoular wrote:

leon jeanne is in cardiff jail now for coke dealing

What an end to a wasted career.. Leon Jeanne

He had the potential of Aaron Lennon, I remember every time he got the ball, even though he wasn't fit and he could be 40 yards out, the whole stand would be on their feet egding him forward because he could skin everyone, The fittest I seen him was the welsh cup final we won when Kav Captained it, he had his pace back lost weight looked great. Was downhill from their

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:08 am

Missed my point completely.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:38 am

Some bitter people on here!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:18 am

Hes just getting some game time after injury

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:31 am

jeanne was a douche bag

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 am

SwampCCFC wrote:

they won't admit that though. its because he turned us down that grates with people.

Haha I know spot on.
Because he turned us down his career is heading for a car crash, his fathers fault, he's not profession enough & is just after the money blah blah lol

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:44 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:

Haha I know spot on.
Because he turned us down his career is heading for a car crash, his fathers fault, he's not profession enough & is just after the money blah blah lol

i've said before he's an arrogant tw*t, and i also think he's a tw*t because he lied about his reasons for not coming to join us.

but putting that to one side, every move he has made so far in his career has been thought out and for footballing reasons. you can't knock him on those choices. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Time will tell with ince I guess. Just not seen anything from him, played mainly for a less than average championship team.
Can easily believe Leon J is in jail, seen him around town giving it the big one obviously off his chump.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Sven wrote:

Nope! Not for the first time you read people wrong, as I think the majority of supporters were glad he didn't come to Cardiff in the end and given what transpired afterwards! :roll:

Thomas Ince (or rather his egotistical father, Paul) effectively tried to prostitute his undoubted skills and have been brought down to earth with a bang! :thumbup: ;)

Marketed him around Europe for months, eventually ended up in the Premeir League, then quickly sent back to the Championship.
Also glad he did not sign for us, and said so at the time.