" What a difference a year can make "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:20 am

I just read this from the Lone Gunman aka Dave Sugarman, I asked Dave's permission :thumbright:

What ever anyone thinks about Dave, he has stuck by his principals and is an excellent writer :thumbright: :thumbright:

Good read. :thumbup:

In a year a hell of a lot can happen.

A year ago this weekend, Malky Mackay's Cardiff City were beating Michael Laudrup's Swansea City with a 62nd-minute goal by Steven Caulker in front of a crowd of 27,463 at the CCS. The South Wales derby victory lifted the Bluebirds up to 12th spot in the Premier League, above the likes of West Ham, Aston Villa, Stoke City, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and Swansea City themselves.

The Cardiff line-up that day included captain Caulker (now QPR), Gary Medel (now Inter Milan) Kevin Theophile-Catherine (now Saint Etienne), Jordon Mutch (now QPR), Fraizer Campbell (now Crystal Palace), Peter Odemwingie (now Stoke City), Andrew Taylor (now Wigan Athletic), Don Cowie (now Wigan Athletic) and Craig Bellamy (now retired).

Only five players who featured in the Bluebirds squad against the Swans are still at the club today. They are David Marshall, Ben Turner, Peter Whittingham, Aron Gunnarsson and Kim Bo-Kyung.

Meanwhile, this time last year, Russell Slade was managing Leyton Orient in League One, Scott Young was managing Port Talbot Town in the League of Wales and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was managing Molde in Norway.

It's a funny old game.

Dave Sugarman aka Lone Gunman :ayatollah:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Good Read " What a difference a year can make "

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:26 pm

They say that a week is a long in footballing terms. A year most certainly is.

I said in a previous post that our club has gone massively backwards,,, & i don't see much evidence of that current trend reversing either!
RICK+CCFC

Postby llangainbluebird » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:17 pm

That was probably the high point of last season. It was downhill from there on.
llangainbluebird

Postby ELY BOY » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Summed up as, "the plastics and people who sold us out have f.ucked off as we're no longer in the Premiership and left the club as a laughing stock"
ELY BOY

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:30 pm

I get a feeling there is a vibe of "Told you so" coming from TLG there and he is right.

I'll go on step further. Just before this fixture, the Newcastle home game, Vincent Tan for the first time butted in on the footballing matters by demanding the players forego their promotion bonuses. That is when it all started going wrong.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Summed up as, "the plastics and people who sold us out have f.ucked off as we're no longer in the Premiership and left the club as a laughing stock"

Wow! Where did this (excellently written) thread deserve those comments, Simon?? :? :roll: :oops: :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby MalagaCF » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Could be worse, we could be Leeds, what a difference a few months and a few managers etc.....
MalagaCF

Postby llangainbluebird » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:06 pm

[quote="ELY BOY"]Summed up as, "the plastics and people who sold us out have f.ucked off as we're no longer in the Premiership and left the club as a laughing stock"[

How would you describe those of us who still go to games, home and away, but don't support the 're-brand', and have been on the various protests calling for a return to blue?
llangainbluebird

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:38 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Summed up as, "the plastics and people who sold us out have f.ucked off as we're no longer in the Premiership and left the club as a laughing stock"[

How would you describe those of us who still go to games, home and away, but don't support the 're-brand', and have been on the various protests calling for a return to blue?

Fella, as much as I respect Simon's personal decision to abandon his so-called "beloved" club, he obviously finds it even harder to let go of his bitterness! :(

Every opportunity taken to 'slate' those who stayed behind and (now) those who inevitably jumped on the Premier League bandwagon! :(

Personally, I think the braver people stayed and got on with supporting THEIR club (not Tan's) under such adversity have the moral high ground, but that's just my opinion! :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Sven wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Summed up as, "the plastics and people who sold us out have f.ucked off as we're no longer in the Premiership and left the club as a laughing stock"[

Fella, as much as I respect Simon's personal decision to abandon his so-called "beloved" club, he obviously finds it even harder to let go of his bitterness! :(

Every opportunity taken to 'slate' those who stayed behind and (now) those who inevitably jumped on the Premier League bandwagon! :(

Personally, I think the braver people stayed and got on with supporting THEIR club (not Tan's) under such adversity have the moral high ground, but that's just my opinion! :thumbup:

Chris, I have to agree with you :thumbright: Also We kept the BLUE alive,when the Red brigade tired to turn the stadium Red and even arse licked Tan. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: " What a difference a year can make "

Postby Matt D » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:24 pm

I was thinking the same thing the other night watching MOTD; West Ham get a good win and Russell Brand bursts into Sam Allardyce's post game interview, kissing him on the cheek.

Going back just before last Xmas, Allardyce was on the verge of losing his job and if we'd beaten them at home that day (instead of losing ourselves), I've got a feeling Big Sam would have walked that day...
Matt D

Postby SwampCCFC » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

Chris, I have to agree with you :thumbright: Also We kept the BLUE alive,when the Red brigade tired to turn the stadium Red and even arse licked Tan. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

correct me if i'm wrong, but people like you did just that when vincent tan first turned up. i usually respect your views, i'm pro blue, but don't you dare refer to cardiff city fans like that.

for some, the football is all that matters, no matter the colour. your anger should be directed towards tan.
SwampCCFC

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:00 am

SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong, but people like you did just that when vincent tan first turned up. i usually respect your views, i'm pro blue, but don't you dare refer to cardiff city fans like that.

for some, the football is all that matters, no matter the colour. your anger should be directed towards tan.

I don't recall anyone getting threatened when Tan first turned up.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:20 am

SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

I think you will find I never, I only respected TG and in a meeting we had regarding Tan, it was said that we should kiss and lick Tans shoes if we have to :shock: :shock: I heard that first hand.

I honestly would not of said those comments,if it was not true :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

I think you will find I never, I only respected TG and in a meeting we had regarding Tan, it was said that we should kiss and lick Tans shoes if we have to :shock: :shock: I heard that first hand.

Who said we should kiss Tans shoes?
Bakedalasker

Postby SwampCCFC » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

what do you mean by licking tans arse by the way? is it just buying a red shirt? being indifferent to his ownership? or a full on support of the rebrand?

i am not surprised by your comments regarding fans being expected to bow down to tan as tan does expect fans to worship him. but even the people who don't really care for the rebrand debate (i wouldn't call them pro red by default though) tend to emphasise the money he's put into the club. i wouldn't call that licking arse though thats just my view of them.
SwampCCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:10 pm

:wave:
SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

what do you mean by licking tans arse by the way? is it just buying a red shirt? being indifferent to his ownership? or a full on support of the rebrand?

i am not surprised by your comments regarding fans being expected to bow down to tan as tan does expect fans to worship him. but even the people who don't really care for the rebrand debate (i wouldn't call them pro red by default though) tend to emphasise the money he's put into the club. i wouldn't call that licking arse though thats just my view of them.

Our actual fans have actually made those comments regarding licking Tans shoes etc. Gwyneth. :bluescarf:

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat