Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SLADE GETS STUCK IN/BUT THE JURY IS STILL OUT FOR ME "

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:47 am

" RUSSELL SLADE GETS STUCK IN TO THE PLAYERS/ BUT THE JURY IS STILL OUT FOR ME "

I am glad Russell Slade has upped the training as our players were really unfit :thumbright:

Also I am glad the players are not being pampered as much :thumbright:

Plus after the Millwall game, Slade apparently really told them all what for and that some need to change their attitude,that's what I like to hear :thumbright:

But as to being a Championship,tactical manager,the jury is well and truly out for me,I will comment after a dozen games under Slade :thumbright:

I also believe Slade should of brought more experience in to his back room staff.

Scott Young

Danny Gabbidon

Martyn Margetson

Kevin nicholson

James rowberry.

Ian Holloway, certainly got the better of us on Saturday.

OPINIONS :thumbright:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149736 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Re: " SLADE GETS STUCK IN/BUT THE JURY IS STILL OUT FOR ME "

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 am

Holloway always seems to better us.
Ever since the play off final 03.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 am

His back room staff are a bit of a worry, but can they be any worse that OGS's???

RS could certainly do with experience in the management camp, no time to blood in rookies at this level.

As for RS himself, he's got a massive task on his hands, & an awful lot of rebuilding to do, both on & off the pitch.

Will he be allowed the time to rebuild & develop? I think things will get worse before the get better!
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:03 am

AJ1927 wrote:Holloway always seems to better us.

Tony,true,but I really thought we were poor on Saturday against a very poor Millwall side,who had not won a game in their last 8 games.

What worried me was that Millwall deserved their win.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:04 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:His back room staff are a bit of a worry, but can they be any worse that OGS's???

As for RS himself, he's got a massive task on his hands, & an awful lot of rebuilding to do, both on & off the pitch.

Will he be allowed the time to rebuild & develop? I think things will get worse before the get better!

Rick,No I honestly don't think we could get any worse than Ole :lol:

But if we want promotion this season,then we needed experience in my opinion.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 am

I've jut accepted we are the duck team.

Everyone breaks their duck against us.

Haven't got a point, get one against Cardiff
Haven't won a Game, get one against Cardiff
Haven't scored a goal, get one against Cardiff

Seen it so many times, not just under current regime.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:11 am

I think the whole set up is a shambles from top to bottom, mainly the top.

I think Slade has a mountain to climb and will need at least a couple of season to get us back to challenging for promotion. Of course that is if he has the ability. So far I feel he has. It is just that I feel he has been given shit to work with.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:" RUSSELL SLADE GETS STUCK IN TO THE PLAYERS/ BUT THE JURY IS STILL OUT FOR ME "

I am glad Russell Slade has upped the training as our players were really unfit :thumbright:

Plus after the Millwall game, Slade apparently really told them all what for and that some need to change their attitude,that's what I like to hear :thumbright:

But as to being a Championship,tactical manager,the jury is well and truly out for me,I will comment after a dozen games under Slade :thumbright:

I also believe Slade should of brought more experience in to his back room staff.

Scott Young

Danny Gabbidon

Martyn Margetson

Kevin nicholson

James rowberry.

He should have told them that BEFORE the game and at half time, and got a message out to them after Millwall scored.

Leeds will be well up for Saturday; haven't beaten City for 30 years and did well when Redfearn was caretaker earlier this season (10 points from 12).

City need to blow them away with a strong performance, none of this standing off, lolling around, pretty sideways passing etc. R Morrison must start and be given a free role.

City then have 2 away games with clubs wit new managers - always a fillip for the opposition.

My optimism after Ipswich was deflated after saturday, and I fear the worse TBH.

Given OGS's signings have largely misfired, Slade should get in some new players on loan if possible and in particular a quality striker must be in the pipeline for January.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:18 am

AJ1927 wrote:I've jut accepted we are the duck team.

Everyone breaks their duck against us.

Haven't got a point, get one against Cardiff
Haven't won a Game, get one against Cardiff
Haven't scored a goal, get one against Cardiff

Seen it so many times, not just under current regime.

Tony,we have to beat the poor sides in this division to have any chance in going up and Tan wants and needs promotion ASAP.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I think the whole set up is a shambles from top to bottom, mainly the top.

I think Slade has a mountain to climb and will need at least a couple of season to get us back to challenging for promotion. Of course that is if he has the ability. So far I feel he has. It is just that I feel he has been given shit to work with.

Ian, I am very disappointed in the whole set up and I am worried.

But I will fully back them and let's hope they can perform and take us up. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 am

Danny Says wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" RUSSELL SLADE GETS STUCK IN TO THE PLAYERS/ BUT THE JURY IS STILL OUT FOR ME "

Scott Young

Danny Gabbidon

Martyn Margetson

Kevin nicholson

James rowberry.

He should have told them that BEFORE the game and at half time, and got a message out to them after Millwall scored.

Leeds will be well up for Saturday; haven't beaten City for 30 years and did well when Redfearn was caretaker earlier this season (10 points from 12).

City need to blow them away with a strong performance, none of this standing off, lolling around, pretty sideways passing etc. R Morrison must start and be given a free role.

City then have 2 away games with clubs wit new managers - always a fillip for the opposition.

My optimism after Ipswich was deflated after saturday, and I fear the worse TBH.

Given OGS's signings have largely misfired, Slade should get in some new players on loan if possible and in particular a quality striker must be in the pipeline for January.

Danny,

Slade is def looking for 4 players to get in on loan.

No one can say Leeds are our bogey team, we are there's and they are in a terrible state, 3pts nothing less :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I think the whole set up is a shambles from top to bottom, mainly the top.

Ole out after 5 minutes but Slade (mr nobody ever heard of) can get 2 seasons?

WTF

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" .

Danny,

Slade is def looking for 4 players to get in on loan.

No one can say Leeds are our bogey team, we are there's and they are in a terrible state, 3pts nothing less :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

4 players on loan :shock:

Crikey, any idea what positions?

As for the Leeds bogey, all good things come to an end.............. :roll:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:38 am

Skewett wrote:

WTF

Read again....I said if he has the ability. I'll elaborate a bit further. It would take anyone 2 seasons to get us back in shape.

Ole inherited a squad that was holding itself in the premier. He screwed that up from the off. Slade has inherited a bunch of poofs as far as I am concerned thanks to Ole. Yep 2 seasons I reckon it will take.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:56 am

We could and should have shown more passion, or maybe desire, for the task on Saturday but at the end of the day we were undone by a set piece where Marshall was clearly fouled. If Le Fondre had taken one of the two clear chances he had in the first 20 minutes I think we would have got at least a point out of that game.

RS has one hell of a task on his hands and the problems he has to try and sort out are not of his making, look no further than OGS for the person to blame because he has left a massive and expensive squad who look nothing like a football team capable of getting consistent results.

Even though this looks to be the most open Championship in years with probably the lowest points total, for either automatic or the playoffs, I think it's best to write off this season as the job of sorting out this squad will, in my opinion, affect any attempt by RS to impose his standards on the team.

January is going to be massive for us for all sort of reasons, but the main one being, cutting the wagebill by getting rid of the players who have little or no chance of being involved in the first team. RS has to do all of that before he can think of signing players he thinks will improve the team.

I've seen enough in the home performances against Forest or Ipswich to see that RS has made a difference and IF he gets a couple of transfer windows, which he deserves, then maybe he will surprise a few.

RS is an experienced manager who has more games on his CV than any manager since Lennie Lawrence took charge of the team. I don't think Holloway beat him tactically on Saturday, unless roughing up the opposition and launching one long ball after another is tactical supremacy.

I'll give RS at least two transfer windows before passing judgement on him, the question is WILL Vincent Tan.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:07 am

castleblue wrote:We could and should have shown more passion, or maybe desire, for the task on Saturday but at the end of the day we were undone by a set piece where Marshall was clearly fouled. If Le Fondre had taken one of the two clear chances he had in the first 20 minutes I think we would have got at least a point out of that game.

RS has one hell of a task on his hands and the problems he has to try and sort out are not of his making, look no further than OGS for the person to blame because he has left a massive and expensive squad who look nothing like a football team capable of getting consistent results.

Even though this looks to be the most open Championship in years with probably the lowest points total, for either automatic or the playoffs, I think it's best to write off this season as the job of sorting out this squad will, in my opinion, affect any attempt by RS to impose his standards on the team.

January is going to be massive for us for all sort of reasons, but the main one being, cutting the wagebill by getting rid of the players who have little or no chance of being involved in the first team. RS has to do all of that before he can think of signing players he thinks will improve the team.

I've seen enough in the home performances against Forest or Ipswich to see that RS has made a difference and IF he gets a couple of transfer windows, which he deserves, then maybe he will surprise a few.

RS is an experienced manager who has more games on his CV than any manager since Lennie Lawrence took charge of the team. I don't think Holloway beat him tactically on Saturday, unless roughing up the opposition and launching one long ball after another is tactical supremacy.

I'll give RS at least two transfer windows before passing judgement on him, the question is WILL Vincent Tan.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary,

Good post as usual :thumbright:

Le Fondre should have scored at least twice and has to take his chances.

Ole has got a lot to blame for our current state,along with Tan.

You are right Slade needs to bring some of his own players in and with the right attitude.

We have a class squad,but players with the wrong attitude.

Slade has over 650 games behind him, you have to respect :thumbright: but this is the real test now.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:49 am

Yes, Macheda has scored 2 goals other than that he offers very little on the pitch. Jones has been injured and played 3 International games in a week but I am disappointed that Guerra has still not had a look in.

Whether Scott Young has had any input in that who knows, but Guerra is a far better striker than Macheda and Maynard but he still can't get any game time.

Tactics have to be questioned, 2 wide men away from home is always a gamble. Personally I would have liked to see Noone start with Pilkington on the bench and shore up the midfield where we are light at the moment. At this time Joe Ralls is not the answer.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Skewett wrote:

WTF

Read again....I said if he has the ability. I'll elaborate a bit further. It would take anyone 2 seasons to get us back in shape.

Ole inherited a squad that was holding itself in the premier. He screwed that up from the off. Slade has inherited a bunch of poofs as far as I am concerned thanks to Ole. Yep 2 seasons I reckon it will take.

Agree completely with Bakedalasker. Said at beginning of season that this was not our best ever squad, just the biggest. Slade can only work with what he has been given, and I think he will do well to finish around mid table. Going to be a while before we become serious promotion contenders again.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Think it was down to the players, having seen the highlights!

Made plenty of chances, most of them coming from ALF, but there were misses too that really could have made the difference. Easily could have been 2-1 or 3-1.

Agree, jury still out on Slade, but I am interested to see how we play against Leeds. If we can win that, those are some big points, especially if results go our way.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Lets not go OTT over the Millwall result, a lot of teams will go away and have a mare often.

2 wins and a loss so far isnt a bad start. Jury is still out and he wasnt my choice but its hard to judge him on 3 games.

His backroom staff are a conern, done on the cheap.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Lets not go OTT over the Millwall result, a lot of teams will go away and have a mare often.

2 wins and a loss so far isnt a bad start. Jury is still out and he wasnt my choice but its hard to judge him on 3 games.

Think is Luke people are now beginning to see what a mess Ole has made of everything.

I agree with you we cannot judge Slade after 3 games specially going on what he has inherited. Hence why I advocate 2 seasons for him.

Regarding his backroom staff well personally I'm not comfortable with it as it is not Slades choosing. However under Young/Gabbidon I saw a mass improvement compared to what Ole was dishing out. So its not all bad in that department.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:25 pm

marshall,brayford,connely ,turner,john ,noone,gunnerson ,whitts,kim,ralls,all players ole inherited and were holding there own in premier so say bakedalasker 5 0f these are starters under slade but there poofs so say baked Alaska
manga Morrison Pilkington le fondre Fabio macheda all signed by ole all starters under slade all poofs so say baked Alaska
lets have a look then how many on here would not pick the following as starters
marshall brayford Fabio noone whitts manga gunnerson le fondre that's 8
I seem to remember most on here wetting themselves over oles signing of le fondre Guerra Pilkington Fabio Morrison deilhi bergstaller cala
very short memories and oppinions change just like our weather on a daily / weekly basis
ffs make your minds up and stick to your original oppinions
if most of you were our owner we would be on our umpteenth manager and used a couple of hundred players over the last 2 seasons ffs
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Holloway always seems to better us.

Tony,true,but I really thought we were poor on Saturday against a very poor Millwall side,who had not won a game in their last 8 games.

What worried me was that Millwall deserved their win.

Milwall are not a poor team they drew with wolves at home last week after being 3-0 down and have drawn a lot of games recently ,we're we really that babad if le fondre scored two of the sitters he's missed we would of won

Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Lets not go OTT over the Millwall result, a lot of teams will go away and have a mare often.

Think is Luke people are now beginning to see what a mess Ole has made of everything.

I agree with you we cannot judge Slade after 3 games specially going on what he has inherited. Hence why I advocate 2 seasons for him.

Regarding his backroom staff well personally I'm not comfortable with it as it is not Slades choosing. However under Young/Gabbidon I saw a mass improvement compared to what Ole was dishing out. So its not all bad in that department.

You may be right, from what I seen and read I think Ole massively over complicated matters and although I think he made some decent signins a lot of them were the wrong signings as in we didnt need the same type of players.

Under Young and Gabbidon we went back to the very basics, TBH I wasnt impressed with the way they handled anything but results werent that bad.

Slade has added more of a game plan from what I seen intially but lots of work still to do.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:His back room staff are a bit of a worry, but can they be any worse that OGS's???

Rick,No I honestly don't think we could get any worse than Ole :lol:

But if we want promotion this season,then we needed experience in my opinion.

Annis, I think we can forget promotion this season, unless we are the team that always appears to "come from nowhere" for the play-offs at the end of the season; like Blackpool and Swansea have done in season's past!

Simple fact is that the club, its owner and its fans are all smarting from what happened last year (on and off the pitch) and it is going to take a Herculean effort to turn things around!

I agree that Russell Slade should be judged after quite a few games, but what I notice/like so far is that he appears to be a pretty "down to earth" character who will sort out the 'Playboys' at the club and ship them out if they are not 'buying in' to his philosophy!

For starters, that cannot be a bad thing IMHO! :thumbup:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Annis, I still honestly believe we have missed out on the opportunity to bring in a top class manager in Tony Pullis :x

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:28 pm

We will soon see what we are made of now SLADE has experienced a loss under his belt. I fully expect us to give Leeds a thumping, they were terrible while under guidance and now they got no one at the helm and the chairmen being question I expect them to continue struggling for a while to come. With us being at home as well I can see us putting a few past Leeds. I don't think we can perform much worse than we did against millwall anyway, I am still very optimistic about slade.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:28 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Yes, Macheda has scored 2 goals other than that he offers very little on the pitch. Jones has been injured and played 3 International games in a week but I am disappointed that Guerra has still not had a look in.

Whether Scott Young has had any input in that who knows, but Guerra is a far better striker than Macheda and Maynard but he still can't get any game time.

Tactics have to be questioned, 2 wide men away from home is always a gamble. Personally I would have liked to see Noone start with Pilkington on the bench and shore up the midfield where we are light at the moment. At this time Joe Ralls is not the answer.

I believe Guerra should be given a chance,what a waste of money and a proven goal scorer,play him :thumbright:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Liles93 wrote:Think it was down to the players, having seen the highlights!

Made plenty of chances, most of them coming from ALF, but there were misses too that really could have made the difference. Easily could have been 2-1 or 3-1.

Agree, jury still out on Slade, but I am interested to see how we play against Leeds. If we can win that, those are some big points, especially if results go our way.

Slade also believes the players let him down.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Luke,Slade was virtually in charge when we played Blackpool and his both assistants Young/ Gabbidon were also taking the team,Over all though he has done quite well so far,but like I say I won't be properly judging him until at least 12 games :thumbright:

The supporters at the games are giving Slade and the team their 100% backing so far :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: