Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SLADE GETS STUCK IN/BUT THE JURY IS STILL OUT FOR ME "

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Holloway always seems to better us.
Ever since the play off final 03.

Tony,true,but I really thought we were poor on Saturday against a very poor Millwall side,who had not won a game in their last 8 games.

What worried me was that Millwall deserved their win.

Milwall are not a poor team they drew with wolves at home last week after being 3-0 down and have drawn a lot of games recently ,we're we really that babad if le fondre scored two of the sitters he's missed we would of won

Wez, they have won one game in their last 9 games and that was against us,they were not far off the bottom,the results and position in the league don't lie.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Liles93 wrote:Think it was down to the players, having seen the highlights!

Made plenty of chances, most of them coming from ALF, but there were misses too that really could have made the difference. Easily could have been 2-1 or 3-1.

Agree, jury still out on Slade, but I am interested to see how we play against Leeds. If we can win that, those are some big points, especially if results go our way.

Slade also believes the players let him down.

Yeah, I think there wasn't much more he could have done himself and the manager oftentimes gets too much of the blame. I only saw a big effort being put in by 2 or 3 players, and it was this attitude that cost us games under OGS. That said, it's not like we can't play well as a team, taking Forest and Ipswich as key examples to the counter.

Just an off game, here's hoping we smash Leeds.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:His back room staff are a bit of a worry, but can they be any worse that OGS's???

As for RS himself, he's got a massive task on his hands, & an awful lot of rebuilding to do, both on & off the pitch.

Will he be allowed the time to rebuild & develop? I think things will get worse before the get better!

Rick,No I honestly don't think we could get any worse than Ole :lol:

But if we want promotion this season,then we needed experience in my opinion.

Annis, I think we can forget promotion this season, unless we are the team that always appears to "come from nowhere" for the play-offs at the end of the season; like Blackpool and Swansea have done in season's past!

Simple fact is that the club, its owner and its fans are all smarting from what happened last year (on and off the pitch) and it is going to take a Herculean effort to turn things around!

I agree that Russell Slade should be judged after quite a few games, but what I notice/like so far is that he appears to be a pretty "down to earth" character who will sort out the 'Playboys' at the club and ship them out if they are not 'buying in' to his philosophy!

For starters, that cannot be a bad thing IMHO! :thumbup:

Chris, Personally I don't see us going up and that was from day one under Ole,yes Slade for me was a vast improvement,but anybody was after Ole, in fact we could of relegated under Ole.

Chris, Slade,is a pretty down to earth character and will def sort out the playboys :thumbright: :thumbright:
I would like to see what players he brings in .
The prob we have is Tan wants and needs promotion this season,many more fans will desert if we don't go up.
Personally I am not bothered about the Premier League,as were not ready for it again from top to bottom behind the scenes.
Financially we need promotion this season.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:41 pm

kidwellyblue wrote:Annis, I still honestly believe we have missed out on the opportunity to bring in a top class manager in Tony Pullis :x

I am with you 1,000% on that :thumbright:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Bluebird4life88 wrote:We will soon see what we are made of now SLADE has experienced a loss under his belt. I fully expect us to give Leeds a thumping, they were terrible while under guidance and now they got no one at the helm and the chairmen being question I expect them to continue struggling for a while to come. With us being at home as well I can see us putting a few past Leeds. I don't think we can perform much worse than we did against millwall anyway, I am still very optimistic about slade.

So do I, 3 nil to City :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Liles93 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Liles93 wrote:Think it was down to the players, having seen the highlights!

Made plenty of chances, most of them coming from ALF, but there were misses too that really could have made the difference. Easily could have been 2-1 or 3-1.

Agree, jury still out on Slade, but I am interested to see how we play against Leeds. If we can win that, those are some big points, especially if results go our way.

Slade also believes the players let him down.

Yeah, I think there wasn't much more he could have done himself and the manager oftentimes gets too much of the blame. I only saw a big effort being put in by 2 or 3 players, and it was this attitude that cost us games under OGS. That said, it's not like we can't play well as a team, taking Forest and Ipswich as key examples to the counter.

Just an off game, here's hoping we smash Leeds.

Yes I def don't just blame Slade for our defeat v Millwall,the players have to now show that they can take the defeat out on dire Leeds :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Next 3 games will indicate if we have a chance of promotion.
All 3 teams we face have new managers. They have new managers not players.
Should be looking at 6 or 7 points at least.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:17 pm

People are going way over the top after losing 1-0 away at Millwall, I really don't understand what some fans are expecting :lol: Annis, is making out that they were a terrible team, in repeating that they hadn't won a game in 8 before they met us. Yet, you look at their results and they drew four and three of those they took points off favourites- Forest, Derby and Wolves and scored 3 goals against Wolves :thumbup: They sit 2 points behind us. Look at the stats from the game, hardly a thumping as many are making out.
Possession
Millwall 51% Cardiff City 49%
Shots
17 11
On target
4 3
Corners
3 2
Fouls
19 15
What went wrong Saturday, is that they simply took their chance and we didn't. What I would say, is that if we are to get any where near promotion then ALF in particular needs to start scoring. I rate him and Jones as the only two strikers to get us goals, Maynard and Macheda are not good enough, Guerra I have not seen enough of and why this is, I can only assume that he is dreadful in training, as two managers have looked at him now and neither are giving him an opportunity. I saw enough Saturday and over the 3 games to tell me that Slade has made an impact in a few areas, which is all that could have been asked for at this stage. He carries on like that and he may turn out to be a better appointment than I ever thought he would. I'm a little concerned that Nugent hasn't joined him as his assistant, especially as Orient have not given him the managers job. Maybe he is on his way?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:24 pm

We were never going out muscle millwall so why slide had to continue launch ball up field missing out midfield. He should ha played 5 in the middle with dahli and Morrison darting about keeping possession tie them up in knots. Slade never saw it and that's a worry

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:33 pm

spike ferndale wrote:Next 3 games will indicate if we have a chance of promotion.
All 3 teams we face have new managers. They have new managers not players.
Should be looking at 6 or 7 points at least.

And all 3 teams are having a poor season, 9pts pleas if we want promotion :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:People are going way over the top after losing 1-0 away at Millwall, I really don't understand what some fans are expecting :lol: Annis, is making out that they were a terrible team, in repeating that they hadn't won a game in 8 before they met us. Yet, you look at their results and they drew four and three of those they took points off favourites- Forest, Derby and Wolves and scored 3 goals against Wolves :thumbup: They sit 2 points behind us. Look at the stats from the game, hardly a thumping as many are making out.
Possession
Millwall 51% Cardiff City 49%
Shots
17 11
On target
4 3
Corners
3 2
Fouls
19 15
What went wrong Saturday, is that they simply took their chance and we didn't. What I would say, is that if we are to get any where near promotion then ALF in particular needs to start scoring. I rate him and Jones as the only two strikers to get us goals, Maynard and Macheda are not good enough, Guerra I have not seen enough of and why this is, I can only assume that he is dreadful in training, as two managers have looked at him now and neither are giving him an opportunity. I saw enough Saturday and over the 3 games to tell me that Slade has made an impact in a few areas, which is all that could have been asked for at this stage. He carries on like that and he may turn out to be a better appointment than I ever thought he would. I'm a little concerned that Nugent hasn't joined him as his assistant, especially as Orient have not given him the managers job. Maybe he is on his way?

But they have been until they played us a fact.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:35 pm

tynesideblue wrote:We were never going out muscle millwall so why slide had to continue launch ball up field missing out midfield. He should ha played 5 in the middle with dahli and Morrison darting about keeping possession tie them up in knots. Slade never saw it and that's a worry

It's called outwitting Ian Holloway.

Slade can only do his best :thumbright: I will never blame him, only Tan for not appointing the right manager.