Re: Slades New Backroom Staff Confirmed

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Oh dear!

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:25 pm

:ayatollah:

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Surprising how Port Talbot sack Scott Young and he is now made Assistant Manager at Cardiff City ! Strange world.

Was not impressed with the way he dealt with Guerra & the things reported in the press afterwards.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:31 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Surprising how Port Talbot sack Scott Young and he is now made Assistant Manager at Cardiff City ! Strange world.

Was not impressed with the way he dealt with Guerra & the things reported in the press afterwards.

No that was very unprofessional the whole team were poor

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:34 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Surprising how Port Talbot sack Scott Young and he is now made Assistant Manager at Cardiff City ! Strange world.

He did a decent job as caretaker manager and you can already see that he has a good relationship with Slade, I'm happy with it :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Seems the cheap option.

Don't know the other two mind.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Jimmy rowberry is a good lad, Newport boy, about 29, think he was th youngest lad to get his pro license. Was on the books at Bristol city until about 16. Massive step up for him, been involved overseeing academy coaching for us for. Big step up but I have no doubt he knows his stuff on paper and hopefully the lads take his training ideas.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:27 pm

darran1927 wrote:

No that was very unprofessional the whole team were poor

Spot on! Guess Guerra will be on his way then :|

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:41 pm

nobby wrote:Scott Young

Danny Gabbidon

Martyn Margetson

Kevin nicholson

James rowberry. :thumbup:

Good luck Youngy, don't listen to the moaning #######

Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:03 pm

I can understand Tan trying to cut costs but surely not in crucial areas?
It's like entering a F1 Grand Prix in a vauxhall vectra.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:I can understand Tan trying to cut costs but surely not in crucial areas?

I tend to agree.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:I can understand Tan trying to cut costs but surely not in crucial areas?

I tend to agree.

I second that!

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Its the most inexperienced backroom staff I can remember at the club , overseeing an expensively assembled squad

I'm completely underwhelmed by these latest appointments ,

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 pm

More concerning is they don't seem to be slades men. A manager needs his people around him.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Good Luck to them ALL :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Good luck to them all! If Slade is happy with them, and they're the people he wants and feels we need, then who cares? I'm sure if Slade wanted some more experience then Tan would have funded him!

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 pm

New manager Russell Slade has now confirmed his backroom staff and appointed Scott Young, Martyn Margetson, James Rowberry and Kevin Nicholson on a permanent basis.

Young, having joined Danny Gabbidon as caretaker manager following the departure of former manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been officially appointed as assistant manager and Margetson comes in having spent three years at West Ham as goalkeeping coach.

Rowberry and Nicholson are appointed as first team coaches, and Gabbidon continues in his role as player coach.

Speaking to the Official Site as the news was announced, Slade explained.

'I'm delighted with the four appointments. Scott, Martyn, James and Kevin are key additions to my backroom team, bringing experience, talent, enthusiasm and passion to our club.'

Slade goes on to say that Scott is obviously a Cardiff man and he's relishing his new role as assistant and he knows he'll be an integral part of what we now do moving forward.

'Marge's' appointment was ideal for the manager as his roots are in Cardiff so he knows the club well and he knows James and Kevin also have a lot to offer on the training pitch with the experience they bring too.

Read more: http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z3HNyG3yaR

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:07 pm

I want to know who will be calling the shots ......
Young or Slade...not an obvious answer as you may think

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:27 pm

angelis1949 wrote:I want to know who will be calling the shots ......

:laughing5:

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 pm

Slade also confirmed James McCarthy and Darran Lovell would return to their roles with the Academy and Development setup after recently assisting him with first-team duties.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... om-changes?

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:28 pm

Slade for sure, he is the appointed manager.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:29 pm

I hope they do really well.. I am sure they will do their best.

I am very surprised that we did not go big time for manager and staff though.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:37 pm

Cardiff City: Martyn Margetson offers 'experience' - Russell Slade

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade says newly appointed goalkeeping coach Martyn Margetson will bring a wealth of experience to the club.
Former Wales international Margetson made 32 appearances for Cardiff between 2002 and 2007 and later became goalkeeping coach.
Margetson, also part of Wales' backroom team, has left the role at West Ham United to rejoin the Bluebirds.
"The knowledge he can pass on is terrific," Slade said.
"He'll give us vast experience. He's going to embrace the challenge and he's looking forward to it.
"He's a good type and has worked with Marshy [David Marshall] before and they know each other really well.
"It will be a good partnership I'm sure."
Margetson was among Cardiff's backroom team for the 1-0 defeat at Millwall having returned to the club for a second spell at goalkeeping.
The 43-year-old former Manchester City and Huddersfield Town keeper had been at West Ham since 2011.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 am

2blue2handle wrote:Seems the cheap option.

Don't know the other two mind.

I feel the same way Luke,doesn't look good,but as usual I will support them all :thumbright:

Also take Martyn Margetson goal keeping coach, their is not much Championship experience there in coaching etc

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:54 am

From the team selections so far it looks like Young has some input. They are playing the players that were 'in favour' when Young was in temporary charge.

Macheda being picked up top with still no sign of Guerra. Even Maynard is getting a run out.

Joe Ralls seems to be in favour although I think that there are better midfielders at the club.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:26 pm

I wouldn't worry about the Port Talbot experience too much TBH, but just maybe he makes a better "Yes Man" than he does a "Boss"?? :?

Not having a 'pop' at Youngy, but we've seen many a very good Coach/No.2 fall flat on their face when elevated to the top position and I think there is a huge difference between the two! :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:41 pm

np20 wrote:Jimmy rowberry is a good lad, Newport boy, about 29, think he was th youngest lad to get his pro license. Was on the books at Bristol city until about 16. Massive step up for him, been involved overseeing academy coaching for us for. Big step up but I have no doubt he knows his stuff on paper and hopefully the lads take his training ideas.

He was my coach at Newport academy. Big step up as you say. Good player too but quit because of injuries I think