Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

holiday majorca

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:20 pm

I know its not football talk but i am looking at going to majorca next year with wife and our 9 year old son ,could anyone recommend a nice family resort not to lively but good family bars, restaurants, beach things to do etc ,i have looked on the net but done my head in looking thanks .

Re: holiday majorca

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:35 pm

Iv booked to go to Alcludia in june next year. Club Mac hotels. Its all inclusive and has a waterpark joined onto it. Looks a cracking family resort

Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Alcudia is full of flys and mossies coz of all the lakes and salt pits.
Santa ponsa is not bad

Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Sa coma on the east side of Majorca is nice. Plenty of nice hotels and bars, water parks etc...about 90 min transfer but worth it when u get there. Stayed at a very nice hotel too, has a Michelin star restaurant on site and when the hotel manager found out it was my dads 80th birthday he got a us a table there, free Champagne and 3 course meal. Top man

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Sol mirlos / tordos in Palma Nova is a top all inclusive family hotel. 2 mins from the beach.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Can Picafort is a lovely place and it's only about 40 mins from the airport. We went to Sa Coma a few years ago and it's lovely but a long time on the bus.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:10 am

Got to be SAnta Ponsa. Take the family every summer. Ask Annis or Carl as they love it there too.
I have been to many of the places in Majorca but SAnta Ponsa wins for me..
Try the Santa Ponsa Park Hotel or Hotel Pionero :ayatollah:
Hope that helps

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:12 am

Bridgwater Blue wrote:Got to be SAnta Ponsa. Take the family every summer. Ask Annis or Carl as they love it there too.
I have been to many of the places in Majorca but SAnta Ponsa wins for me..
Try the Santa Ponsa Park Hotel or Hotel Pionero :ayatollah:
Hope that helps

Santa Ponsa,perfect for families :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:36 am

Alcudia (PLaya de Muro), Calla Millor, Can Picafort are all really good for families, but out of choice I would pick Playa De Muro which is part of Alcudia but away from the lakes and mozzies. The beach is fantastic and the sea shelf is gentle so it takes ages to get to deep water.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:36 am

Playa de muro looks nice might try that this year. Santa ponsa is closer to the airport and transfer times are all important with a 3 and 1 yr old!!

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:56 pm

I would reccomend club mac with thomas cook brillant wont c your boy take some old clothes mmind as they have a chocolate party twice a week for the kids with thomas cook an they get covered head to toe in chocolate and i mean literally head to toe. It is like 3 hotels in a complex like butlins but in majorca 4 diffrent restaurants with each one having a differwnt theme every night two different entertainment everynight and all inclusive so its good. It has everything there they even got a little fair and bumperboats on site and stalls on site everynight. Brilliant thinking of going again next year. Oh yeh free entry to the waterpark across the road. 5 metres away for all your time there.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Thanks every one ,i narrowed it down to two, sa coma or santa ponsa ,ended going for sa coma staying in the protur sa coma playa hotel , was expensive but have not been on hols in a few years so hope its worth it .

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:10 pm

cruzer wrote:Thanks every one ,i narrowed it down to two, sa coma or santa ponsa ,ended going for sa coma staying in the protur sa coma playa hotel , was expensive but have not been on hols in a few years so hope its worth it .

That's the one I stayed at. Quality and a great manager. Nice stroll to the beach passed a few bars shops which is good if you have. Kids. :thumbup:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:10 pm

neilst wrote:I would reccomend club mac with thomas cook brillant wont c your boy take some old clothes mmind as they have a chocolate party twice a week for the kids with thomas cook an they get covered head to toe in chocolate and i mean literally head to toe. It is like 3 hotels in a complex like butlins but in majorca 4 diffrent restaurants with each one having a differwnt theme every night two different entertainment everynight and all inclusive so its good. It has everything there they even got a little fair and bumperboats on site and stalls on site everynight. Brilliant thinking of going again next year. Oh yeh free entry to the waterpark across the road. 5 metres away for all your time there.

Need some punctuation here :thumbup: where is club mac?