Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" South African Keeper and Captain shot dead "

Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Shot dead at his girlfriends house.

Sunday 26th Oct 2014.

South Africa and African football are mourning the sudden death of the keeper who kept Fatau Dauda out of playing in PSL after he was shot dead

Senzo Robert Meyiwa - the 26 year old keeping Fatau out of the Pirates

Bafana Bafana and Orlando Pirates captain Senzo Meyiwa has died after being shot.
Details are vague at present, but it has been confirmed that Meyiwa died from a gunshot wound.
Meyiwa was in action on Saturday night when he helped the Buccaneers defeat Ajax Cape Town 4-1 at the Orlando Stadium in their Telkom Knockout quarter-final.

He had been as star for Bafana Bafana of late, and in the four 2015 AFCON qualifiers played to date he was yet to concede a goal, and captained the team.

He had been as star for Bafana Bafana in recent months, and in the four AFCON qualifiers played to date he was yet to concede a goal, and captained the team. in the absence of regular 'keeper and skipper, Itumeleng Khune.
AllSports.com.gh sends its condolences to the friends and family and supporters of Meyiwa and Orlando Pirates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " South African Keeper and Captain shot dead "

Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:50 pm

Horrible world we live in :(

Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:18 pm

Sad :( RIP

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:31 am

Young English player was found dead in a river in Norway. He played in their second tier of domestic football

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:19 pm

An awful thing to happen.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:37 pm

In his playing prime.
Just tragic

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Johannesburg - Bafana Bafana and Cardiff City player Kagisho Dikgacoi has urged South African police to swiftly arrest the killers of teammate Senzo Meyiwa.

"We cannot tolerate such behaviour (sic) which will go unpunished," Dikgacoi said in a statement issued by the South African Football Association.

Bafana Bafana and Orlando Pirates captain and goalkeeper Meyiwa, 27, was shot dead in Vosloorus, Gauteng, on Sunday.

"The police must work round the clock to bring his killers to book. This is just not on, we can't go on like this as a country."

Dikgacoi, who has 54 Bafana appearance to his name and plies his trade for the English championship side, was shocked when he heard the news.

"It is hard to believe he is really gone. Even now I find it difficult to think of him as the deceased.

"Why Senzo? When I got the news last night I called around from my place in England to South Africa and when it was even confirmed I still phoned more people because I could not believe it."

Fellow Bafana teammate Reneilwe Letsholonyane paid tribute to Meyiwa's ability.

"On the field we all know he did his job magnificently for his club and represented his country with pride," said Letsholonyane.

"Senzo was a very good goalkeeper and facing him in the Kaizer Chiefs-Orlando Pirates derby was always a challenge because he was very competitive."
Bafana and Doncaster Rovers midfielder Dean Furman said Meyiwa's leadership was outstanding.

"He was a lovely leader, outstanding person whose performance on the field was unbelievable, something we can all learn from him. He will sorely be missed," said Furman.

"This is just terrible news, very awful and it's hard to even think about anything else. When death strikes near you it sort of puts life into perspective."

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:10 pm

I hope the idiot who made that disgusting joke in this thread has been banned from the forum?

RIP. :(

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I hope the idiot who made that disgusting joke in this thread has been banned from the forum?

??????

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:57 pm

AJ1927 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I hope the idiot who made that disgusting joke in this thread has been banned from the forum?

??????

The joke is too disgusting to repeat.