Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY BACK DOWN TO EARTH WITH A BANG "

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:09 pm

" CARDIFF CITY BACK DOWN TO EARTH WITH A BANG "

Personally I thought over all we deserved nothing from the game.
So Millwall win their first game from their last 9 games.

I bet City to win this game, I was given 12/5 odds

Millwall 1 Cardiff City 0

" Cardiff City line up "

Marshall
Brayford Morrison Manga Fabio
Noone Gunnarsson Whittingham Pilkington
Macheda Le Fondre

Subs
Moore
Connolly
Gabbidon
Ralls
Ravel
Daehli
Maynard

City were looking for their 3rd win in a row under new manager Russell Slade and What I do like about him is that he had tried to keep the same team every time and consistency can help big time usually.

Millwall had gone 8 matches without a win :shock:

The match for me was always going to be a tough game at Millwall and both side were even for the first 20 minutes. Le a Fondre missed a sitter on the 20th minute and after that Millwall then stepped up a gear, it was then all Millwall for a while.

In the 37th minute, Le Fondre had a shot saved and then did a over head kick, it honestly looked like one of those attempts should of gone in.

41st minute Marshall was beaten and by a whisk Millwall missed going in to the lead.

0-0 half time and prob over all a draw was fair.

Millwalls goalie Forde made a couple of good saves.

Le a Fondre, needs to be taking his chances better.

The second half started with Millwall going forward and in the 54th minute a clear header from a set piece put Millwall 1-0 up and Marshall looked all over the place and was left sitting on his back side.

All you could hear from the ground then was Millwall Millwall Millwall.

Millwall then continued to press forward and had a shot of target, then 58th minute Millwall player Gregory had a shot over the bar,his finishing let him down,all one way traffic .

In the 61st minute Slade did a Double sub for Cardiff Nicky Maynard and Ravel Morrison on for Macheda and Le Fondre.
But it' continued to be all Millwall with more shots at the Cardiff goal.

With 10 minutes left for me, Millwall clearly were deserving their lead and controlling the game., the second Hal so far they were far the better team.

In the 80th minute Milwall goalie Forde made a big issue of a slight challenge by Pilkington, pathetic in my opinion, nothing happened.

Millwall continued to go for a second goal and were more and more in control and should of by now been 2 nil up.

In the 88th minute Craig Noone fired a shot over the bar of the Millwall goal.

4 minutes of injury time and Millwall pressed again.

So Russell Slade's first defeat and in my view we deserved nothing from the game.

Millwalls first win in their last 9 games, City can't win away.

Manga man of the match, but over all a poor team performance.

Well it's Leeds United next at home and hopefully the usual 3pts :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY BACK DOWN TO EARTH WITH A BANG "

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:14 pm

About sums it up. Very disappointing. Blackpool now this.

The down to earth bit means we are simple not good enough.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:18 pm

That was not a great spectacle,and was hoping for better. am I the only one who thought the Sky commentary didn't help, very biased, or was it just the disappointment of our performance as we were muscled out of the match

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:19 pm

We thought we could turn up today and walk off with 3 points.

I'd have taken point at start of game cis were not strong enough yet.

For me kenwyn has to play, ESP away from home against a lump of a side. Macheda is too soft for me. Guna went off , midfield went to dogs. Ralls not good enough for me, we need a worker in that midfield!

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Creigiau bluebirds wrote:That was not a great spectacle,and was hoping for better. am I the only one who thought the Sky commentary didn't help, very biased, or was it just the disappointment of our performance as we were muscled out of the match

I think the Sky pundits got it right. Painful to listen too but the truth hurts.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Why the long ball tactic ? when you have a central defender like Shitu to contend with and why oh why take both our strikers off ? why was the totally ineffective Pillkinton not taken off ? I fear that Young is involved to much in decision making

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Apart from Manga I thought the rest of the players were poor today and we got what we deserved

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:30 pm

The sooner fans accept the fact that we are mid-table mediocrity the easier it will be accept that this season is a total write off. Slade isn't the answer and neither is our huge squad full of average players that is full to the brim in some positions (6 centre halves ffs) yet lacking massively in combative central midfielders, pacey wingers and prolific strikers.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:40 pm

I thought we got bullied out of the game. On another day we might have had a bit more protection from the ref but overall it was a poor performance. Le Fondre has 2 be taking those chances he had first half.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:44 pm

There was no way in hell their goal should have stood! Not many refs in Europe would have not given a foul for that push.

Saying we didn't deserve anything? Really? When did they have a clear cut chance? If le fondre buried his chance from 8 yards it would have been a different game but today our luck wasn't in like it was on Tuesday.

Thought the game was back to the usual terrible football we played all season but the referee today was awful, not that I am blaming him but there were so many decisions he made which were poor. A different day and that ref would surely make different decisions all over the pitch I would hope.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:46 pm

hotwings wrote:I thought we got bullied out of the game. On another day we might have had a bit more protection from the ref but overall it was a poor performance. Le Fondre has 2 be taking those chances he had first half.

to royal :(

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:52 pm

We are a complete and utter load of shite as a team this season, but good enough to just about stay up this season, till the Red Baron sells up :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:The sooner fans accept the fact that we are mid-table mediocrity the easier it will be accept that this season is a total write off. Slade isn't the answer and neither is our huge squad full of average players that is full to the brim in some positions (6 centre halves ffs) yet lacking massively in combative central midfielders, pacey wingers and prolific strikers.

Slade isn't the answer? You've determined this after he beat Notts Forest, who hadn't lost all season, and thumped Ipswich who are in great form too? Jesus, we lose one game after old bad habits from the previous managers style of play crept back in, and now you've decided that Slade surely isn't the man to take us further. Do one, so far the stats are saying the exact opposite.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Marshall totally at fault for goal, should have backed off instead of trying to tango with players! Main problem second half was we kept losing possesion to them, also we never got ball in their pen area ! At one point has throw in at edge area we had 1 player in box?? I dont think Maynard is the answer to much like Alf so no deviation from game plan, gurerra far better option? It was Just a poor second half display. :old:

Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:07 pm

KWest wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:The sooner fans accept the fact that we are mid-table mediocrity the easier it will be accept that this season is a total write off. Slade isn't the answer and neither is our huge squad full of average players that is full to the brim in some positions (6 centre halves ffs) yet lacking massively in combative central midfielders, pacey wingers and prolific strikers.

Slade isn't the answer? You've determined this after he beat Notts Forest, who hadn't lost all season, and thumped Ipswich who are in great form too? Jesus, we lose one game after old bad habits from the previous managers style of play crept back in, and now you've decided that Slade surely isn't the man to take us further. Do one, so far the stats are saying the exact opposite.

So you're hanging on to stats after 3 games :lol: . I've said he isn't the answer from day 1 when he was touted to be appointed and unlike some didn't get carried away after the first 2 games. It's called an opinion so let's see how it unfolds during the season. Then I'll come back and say I told you so :thumbup:

Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
KWest wrote:

So you're hanging on to stats after 3 games :lol: . I've said he isn't the answer from day 1 when he was touted to be appointed and unlike some didn't get carried away after the first 2 games. It's called an opinion so let's see how it unfolds during the season. Then I'll come back and say I told you so :thumbup:

So you'll laugh at me for basing my opinion on actual games, then expect me to just go along with a feeling you've had since the day Slade got appointed? Give me a break :lol:

Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:49 pm

KWest wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
KWest wrote:

So you'll laugh at me for basing my opinion on actual games, then expect me to just go along with a feeling you've had since the day Slade got appointed? Give me a break :lol:

I haven't asked you to do anything, I gave my opinion. I'm just not going to let the stats change my mind when they are based on a mere 2 games, both at home. Ole won 2 back to back home games at the start of the season and that turned out great didn't it?

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:About sums it up. Very disappointing. Blackpool now this.

The down to earth bit means we are simple not good enough.

Ian, lost to two not so good sides,but can rise up to the better sides.

Today we deserved to loose.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Creigiau bluebirds wrote:That was not a great spectacle,and was hoping for better. am I the only one who thought the Sky commentary didn't help, very biased, or was it just the disappointment of our performance as we were muscled out of the match

I thought they were honest,as the better team won today.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 pm

I wont say the better team but the tougher team won, I knew this was going to be tough , some tough championship players play for Milwall and they have a manager who is a tough one too.

Our players not tough enough really and missed Gunnerson when he went off

Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
KWest wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
KWest wrote:

I haven't asked you to do anything, I gave my opinion. I'm just not going to let the stats change my mind when they are based on a mere 2 games, both at home. Ole won 2 back to back home games at the start of the season and that turned out great didn't it?

I think if Slade can get this lot to finish mid table he will have done well. Not sure about a top 10 finish though.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:24 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I wont say the better team but the tougher team won, I knew this was going to be tough , some tough championship players play for Milwall and they have a manager who is a tough one too.

Our players not tough enough really and missed Gunnerson when he went off

Yes they were more tougher,but they also in my opinion wanted it for than Cardiff, that's an Ian Holloway team for you.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:25 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:We thought we could turn up today and walk off with 3 points.

I'd have taken point at start of game cis were not strong enough yet.

For me kenwyn has to play, ESP away from home against a lump of a side. Macheda is too soft for me. Guna went off , midfield went to dogs. Ralls not good enough for me, we need a worker in that midfield!

Ryan, we are struggling against the poorer teams in the Championship.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:27 pm

angelis1949 wrote:Why the long ball tactic ? when you have a central defender like Shitu to contend with and why oh why take both our strikers off ? why was the totally ineffective Pillkinton not taken off ? I fear that Young is involved to much in decision making

Yes the long ball system did not work at all today,not a fan of it anyway.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:28 pm

corky wrote:Apart from Manga I thought the rest of the players were poor today and we got what we deserved

Totally agree Corky,over all the team were poor in general today.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:29 pm

hotwings wrote:I thought we got bullied out of the game. On another day we might have had a bit more protection from the ref but overall it was a poor performance. Le Fondre has 2 be taking those chances he had first half.

For me Millwall deserved the win today.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:30 pm

Bray wrote:There was no way in hell their goal should have stood! Not many refs in Europe would have not given a foul for that push.

Saying we didn't deserve anything? Really? When did they have a clear cut chance? If le fondre buried his chance from 8 yards it would have been a different game but today our luck wasn't in like it was on Tuesday.

Thought the game was back to the usual terrible football we played all season but the referee today was awful, not that I am blaming him but there were so many decisions he made which were poor. A different day and that ref would surely make different decisions all over the pitch I would hope.

They could of won by more,I thought we were lucky to just be beaten. 1 nil.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Marshall totally at fault for goal, should have backed off instead of trying to tango with players! Main problem second half was we kept losing possesion to them, also we never got ball in their pen area ! At one point has throw in at edge area we had 1 player in box?? I dont think Maynard is the answer to much like Alf so no deviation from game plan, gurerra far better option? It was Just a poor second half display. :old:

Allan, I studied it about 4 times, Marshall was to blame for the goal.

Second half totally Millwalls half.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Marshall totally at fault for goal, should have backed off instead of trying to tango with players! Main problem second half was we kept losing possesion to them, also we never got ball in their pen area ! At one point has throw in at edge area we had 1 player in box?? I dont think Maynard is the answer to much like Alf so no deviation from game plan, gurerra far better option? It was Just a poor second half display. :old:

Allan, I studied it about 4 times, Marshall was to blame for the goal.

Second half totally Millwalls half.

why did he just watch ball instead of intending to do tango with player? second half olie got his tactics right by restricting us to midway in their half stopping anything going further up field! mind you if alf scores when should have it would have been totally different, but overall we still continue to play better football than previously, and i am sure slade will see shortcomings like replacing alf with maynard who tbh is same type player so doesnt offer anything to change game which we were crying out for! really needed gurerra on to show a bit of class upfront, :old:

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Don't get too stressed. Millwall are a typical big game Charlie side, they have taken points off Forest, Wigan, Wolves, City in fact all the favourites yet will quite likely lose to Rotherham! I thought we were good enough for a point today and had we stuck that chance away I truly believe we would have gone on and won it :thumbup: never the less, there was enough today that tells me we are going in the right direction :thumbup: