Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF/SWANSEA.JUST DOESN'T COMPARE '

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:11 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... ty-7995900? :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

President Putin, smoke bombs, sheer Serbian passion... our Bluebirds columnist tells the story of his unique experience at the Belgrade derby

Why Cardiff versus Swansea does not compare to the Belgrade Derby.

image.jpg

Let’s just say that much as I have adored the atmosphere created at Cardiff versus Swansea games down the years, it does not compare with the ferociousness and intensity of the Belgrade game we saw.

We think Cardiff v Swansea is fierce, but when Red Star’s players ran out for the warm-up they were pelted with missiles of coins, lighters and other small hard objects. Their only protection was a few riot shields held aloft by police at the tunnel entrance.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF/SWANSEA.JUST DOESN'T COMPARE '

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Just goes to show you have no real passion for the bluebirds, otherwise you would understand!!!

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Keli wrote:Just goes to show you have no real passion for the bluebirds, otherwise you would understand!!!

Understand what exactly ?

I have first hand witnessed a Belgrade Derby that is far more fierce in its intensity than the South Wales Derby, how does that show I have no real passion for the Bluebirds ?

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Take all the restrictions off the sw derby and I bet it would then. Let's not downplay it. If we had the same free role in this country, there would be absolute carnage just like there used to be. It wasn't so long ago UK fans were the most feared In Europe. And for a good reason to

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:49 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Take all the restrictions off the sw derby and I bet it would then. Let's not downplay it. If we had the same free role in this country, there would be absolute carnage just like there used to be. It wasn't so long ago UK fans were the most feared In Europe. And for a good reason to

I agree and my unedited piece which was over 3,000 words stated that police restrictions and bubble matches has diluted the South Wales Derby to a minor comparison to what it once was.

But I can only talk of the one Belgrade Derby I witnessed and the most recent South Wales Derbies. :thumbup:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Millwall, Chelsea, west ham, man united, Cardiff, Leeds liverpool and so on, would have pissed all over that with shear violence. Nothing came close to what was going on over hear. These European boys are 20 years to late. When the authorities decide to clamp down on them like they did us.... They will be as quiet as mouses to

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:Take all the restrictions off the sw derby and I bet it would then. Let's not downplay it. If we had the same free role in this country, there would be absolute carnage just like there used to be. It wasn't so long ago UK fans were the most feared In Europe. And for a good reason to

I agree and my unedited piece which was over 3,000 words stated that police restrictions and bubble matches has diluted the South Wales Derby to a minor comparison to what it once was.

But I can only talk of the one Belgrade Derby I witnessed and the most recent South Wales Derbies. :thumbup:

Agree Carl, it's the authorities that are ruining the derby matches. I will never be shadowed from Cardiff down the motorway by the old bill, herded into a stadium hours before kick-off as it's just something that does not appeal to me at all.

Others can share their experience of that, but my guess is this is what kills any buzz of venturing to jackland.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Your right they don't compare one bit. 20 years ago they didn't either. The Russians, poles, Eastern europe are all 2 decades behind what goes in here. When they were intense and violent here they were tame over there. The flares, smoke bombs aren't allowed here, they make it look intense, apart from that and a fair bit if posturing what goes on? It's down to what the police let happen really isn't it. We live in a police state.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 pm

An article written by a person who has absolutely no idea what UK local derbies were like in the 70's/80's.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:02 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:An article written by a person who has absolutely no idea what UK local derbies were like in the 70's/80's.

Dangerous is the word that springs to mind.....like they are in Eastern Europe now I guess... :thumbup:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:39 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:An article written by a person who has absolutely no idea what UK local derbies were like in the 70's/80's.

I am comparing it to what happens now not yesteryear.

Being pedantic I went to my first South Wales Derby away at the Vetch in late eighties and also saw the old firm Derby in 89 as well.

If there weren't the restrictions that are in place today then I have no doubt in my mind that our derby would be more violent and edge to it than the Belgrade Derby but I have written about the atmosphere in the game and if anyone on here believes that our atmosphere is more intense today than that in Belgrade then they are just kidding themselves.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Very true mate. People gushing over what's going on over mainland Europe today, has either got a short memory or has no idea what it was like over here. The reason its so tame today is because it was so out of control over here. No other country has anywhere near the amount of restrictions as we do. I hate england, but they would go over to europe and take the absolute piss. What goes on in europe doesn't come close to what was going on over here. Fuk Your flairs and orchestrated chanting. It might be better over there now, but they don't come remotely close to what it was like over here. They would fuking melt if the restrictions were taken off British football and we were aloud to travel unrestricted. Same as derbies over here. Nothing would come close

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:01 pm

cardiff yid wrote:Yes all this brown nosing some Partizan scruffy is embarrassing .

Agree mate, if they get all goooiy eyed over that, then god help them if they were about over here when it was going off properly. That poznan stuff is tame. Sorry, no disrespect good on them for getting behind their team and firingoff flairs ect. But would they have lived with British fans In Their hayday? Haha don't make me laugh.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 pm

a millwall/west ham derby in mid 80s ....was very lively to ....both had a fan killed on each side ...one stabbed to death ...other pushed in front of a train ...first time i ever saw blokes having pit bull dogs out on the streets after the game ...base ball bats ...axes ect ....blokes going at each other with gum shields in ...even robbing the mobile hot dog sellars of the hot boiling water to throw at each other .....all these european teams are 20 yrs to late ...west ham chelsea millwall cardiff man utd leeds ect ect would all of given them a run for their money alday long

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Lads, Carl just wanted to show you his impression of Belgrade derby. We all know what happened in good old Blighty from 70's. You can't compare these days and present time. We always respected British lads. Some our rivals were closer to Italians, but Partizan fans were in ex Yugoslavia some kind of British copy. I don't want to say that we were same or better, just want to say that you are wrong when you say that we are 20 years late. During the 80's, we had crowd of 100.000 people, we had riots, we had away games, we had passion... for me maybe even better than what we have now. There is no point to belittle Carl. He just wanted to describe what kind of football passion he saw here. He didn't mention anything about hooliganism.
I don't want to bother you anymore, just to show you video about 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzaaVq3aoSA

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Grobari_Partizan wrote:Lads, Carl just wanted to show you his impression of Belgrade derby. We all know what happened in good old Blighty from 70's. You can't compare these days and present time. We always respected British lads. Some our rivals were closer to Italians, but Partizan fans were in ex Yugoslavia some kind of British copy. I don't want to say that we were same or better, just want to say that you are wrong when you say that we are 20 years late. During the 80's, we had crowd of 100.000 people, we had riots, we had away games, we had passion... for me maybe even better than what we have now. There is no point to belittle Carl. He just wanted to describe what kind of football passion he saw here. He didn't mention anything about hooliganism.

Yeah, you had all that, but in my opinion you still couldn't live with British fans. I'll probably get banned for this off this board, but I don't give a fuk.,. Like I said, I hate English fans,, but they would have sweaped through you lot until recently. , nice flairs and oricistrarsted chants,but you don't compare. That's my opinion even now, if restrictions were taken off UK bods, and we were left to our own devices. I doubt wed here a peep from you lot. I ain't about to tow the line and gush and too. But that's how I see it

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Why you think you will get banned. It is normal civilised communication. As I told you, we respected you British fans. We still respect you even today. Because of that we are honored that we had Cardiff lads with us last week. I can't compare your firms and our firm from 80's, simple we hadn't so many opportunity to see where we were. I just know that English fans 1987. in Belgrade (Yugoslavia - England) had good resistance. You can ask older lads from England about that game. So, you can't equate ex Yugoslavia with other East European countries where football hooliganism started from the end of the 90's. Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I wanted to say.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:51 pm

And I am not talking about orchestrated chants, flares etc.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Grobari you lot follow the futsal 5 a side teams out there . Noticed the ultras around europe making a bit of a scene especially russia and cyprus

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:54 pm

No, we don't have our futsal 5 a side team. There is some futsal competition in Serbia, but I really don't know much about it.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Grobari_Partizan wrote:Lads, Carl just wanted to show you his impression of Belgrade derby. We all know what happened in good old Blighty from 70's. You can't compare these days and present time. We always respected British lads. Some our rivals were closer to Italians, but Partizan fans were in ex Yugoslavia some kind of British copy. I don't want to say that we were same or better, just want to say that you are wrong when you say that we are 20 years late. During the 80's, we had crowd of 100.000 people, we had riots, we had away games, we had passion... for me maybe even better than what we have now. There is no point to belittle Carl. He just wanted to describe what kind of football passion he saw here. He didn't mention anything about hooliganism.

Can't recall which 2 teams it was playing but remember seeing pitched battles and I think the game was abandoned about 1992 was it? A croation team v a Serbian team was it? Think the war broke out shortly after which kind of explained why the hatred seemed so bad in the said game. I guess it was always there even before Yugoslavia broke up?

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:10 pm

a good write up and some great video footage from russia recently can be found at the link regarding futsal in russia

http://www.futsalplanet.com/news/news-01.asp?id=18792

my lad is currently out in poland representating Wales futsal and looking forward to his type of atmosphere ahead of there game against poland tomorrow :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Grobari_Partizan wrote:Why you think you will get banned. It is normal civilised communication. As I told you, we respected you British fans. We still respect you even today. Because of that we are honored that we had Cardiff lads with us last week. I can't compare your firms and our firm from 80's, simple we hadn't so many opportunity to see where we were. I just know that English fans 1987. in Belgrade (Yugoslavia - England) had good resistance. You can ask older lads from England about that game. So, you can't equate ex Yugoslavia with other East European countries where football hooliganism started from the end of the 90's. Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I wanted to say.

I'm pulling your tail mate. Read your forum earlier on gravedigers and a few wernt happy about you having some of our lot over as guests ... Or my translatuon ain't working right lol love your inthusiasum for your team wish we had the same here :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 pm

cardiff yid wrote:Yes all this brown nosing some Partizan scruffy is embarrassing .

Lol.
Love in.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 pm

It was 1990. Game Dinamo Zagreb - Red Star. Some Partizan fans were there together with Red Star fans, because we felt war in the air. For many people here, it was the day when war started in ex Yugoslavia.
You are right, in ex Yugoslavia were lot of troubles especially on away games in Croatia, Bosnia...

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:16 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:
Grobari_Partizan wrote:Why you think you will get banned. It is normal civilised communication. As I told you, we respected you British fans. We still respect you even today. Because of that we are honored that we had Cardiff lads with us last week. I can't compare your firms and our firm from 80's, simple we hadn't so many opportunity to see where we were. I just know that English fans 1987. in Belgrade (Yugoslavia - England) had good resistance. You can ask older lads from England about that game. So, you can't equate ex Yugoslavia with other East European countries where football hooliganism started from the end of the 90's. Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I wanted to say.

I'm pulling your tail mate. Read your forum earlier on gravedigers and a few wernt happy about you having some of our lot over as guests ... Or my translatuon ain't working right lol love your inthusiasum for your team wish we had the same here :ayatollah:

I don't know where you read it, but most of the fans are honored to have here legends such Annis and lads are.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Uros, some have read the article and are mixing up atmosphere and hooliganism, that is the problem for me.

I have never been a hooligan and what I experienced in Belgrade I will never forget, there was passion that is sadly missing in the game here today and I don't mean the pyrotechnics but the chanting and support of the team from the first to very last minute and beyond.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Been going to Derbys for over 32 years :bluescarf: last six years spoilt by bubbles and restrictions and unjoyable high risk of being arrested for being passionate and just attending a match non violence - years gone by very vocal and entertaining and great days out hostile - tense - and never wanting to be on the loosing side as results hurts for weeks after - but just to say one thing last weekend in Belgrade it was for me very special -

tense in the air no one wanted to lose the game -
fans from both sides fanatics - our partizan friends were superb and spoilt us - the flares are dangerous but controlled and covered whole pitch
if this was allowed in the uk - fans would be rioting as this would be police and stewards worse nightmare not being able to see or film - on this note I end with the best club in the whole world will always be Cardiff City Afc were always be blue :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:11 pm

mallo wrote:Been going to Derbys for over 32 years :bluescarf: last six years spoilt by bubbles and restrictions and unjoyable high risk of being arrested for being passionate and just attending a match non violence - years gone by very vocal and entertaining and great days out hostile - tense - and never wanting to be on the loosing side as results hurts for weeks after - but just to say one thing last weekend in Belgrade it was for me very special -

fans from both sides fanatics - our partizan friends were superb and spoilt us - the flares are dangerous but controlled and covered whole pitch
if this was allowed in the uk - fans would be rioting as this would be police and stewards worse nightmare not being able to see or film - on this note I end with the best club in the whole world will always be Cardiff City Afc were always be blue :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:notworthy:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:17 pm

mallo wrote:Been going to Derbys for over 32 years :bluescarf: last six years spoilt by bubbles and restrictions and unjoyable high risk of being arrested for being passionate and just attending a match non violence - years gone by very vocal and entertaining and great days out hostile - tense - and never wanting to be on the loosing side as results hurts for weeks after - but just to say one thing last weekend in Belgrade it was for me very special -

:thumbup: