Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I Sense we could be about to witness a special partnership

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:05 am

Under Slade Whittingham and Gunnarsson has really sparked to life, they both compliment each other they know each others games well we are seeing Whittingham at his best and I feel gunnarsson is gaining in both confidence and ability starting to demonstrate his knowledge of the game in terms of being a team player and he's obviously learning more all the time and more so now, ready for a big responsibility,
he has his critics but he will take one for the team and you need that in this league, 'Imo'

Re: I Sense we could be about to witness a special partnersh

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:43 am

I really like their personalities and they care about the fans and club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I prefer them than more talented players that don't give a toss for the fans they play for, mercenaries

Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 am

It is a bit fire and ice....

Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:38 am

I was worried at first as I thought meant Macheda and ALF.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:15 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:Under Slade Whittingham and Gunnarsson has really sparked to life, they both compliment each other they know each others games well we are seeing Whittingham at his best and I feel gunnarsson is gaining in both confidence and ability starting to demonstrate his knowledge of the game in terms of being a team player and he's obviously learning more all the time and more so now, ready for a big responsibility,
he has his critics but he will take one for the team and you need that in this league, 'Imo'

Gunnar is captain of his country - who just beat Holland 2 - 0
So he is experienced and will be a great asset for us when played in his correct position - not forward or on the wing.
Let him do his job, the one that he is good at, and he will flourish.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Gunnarsson reminds me of Cowie. Ability wise he's not the best but certainly makes up for it with drive and passion and that's probably why he's captain of his country. Would like to see him as our captain in the future.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Periwinkle wrote:Gunnarsson reminds me of Cowie. Ability wise he's not the best but certainly makes up for it with drive and passion and that's probably why he's captain of his country. Would like to see him as our captain in the future.

He scores a lot more goals than Cowie and has a better all round game!

The only thing that Cowie had over Gunnar was his fitness and possibly a bit more pace!

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:45 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:Under Slade Whittingham and Gunnarsson has really sparked to life, they both compliment each other they know each others games well we are seeing Whittingham at his best and I feel gunnarsson is gaining in both confidence and ability starting to demonstrate his knowledge of the game in terms of being a team player and he's obviously learning more all the time and more so now, ready for a big responsibility,

Good post, they are looking hard to shift at the moment, although it's a long season, and they have a lot of competition.....

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 pm

I love whitts and Gunnar, i really do. But i think their praise is going a bit overboard at the moment. We have been fortunate enough to move our team high in the field the last two matches, and they both done very well. But what happens when we get challenged with pace through the midle and both are pressing high? Neither of them posess pace, so I'm a bit worried about how people seem to go overboard after two good games. But nothing would please me more if they step up against brake downs through the middle as well :bluescarf:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Periwinkle wrote:Gunnarsson reminds me of Cowie. Ability wise he's not the best but certainly makes up for it with drive and passion and that's probably why he's captain of his country. Would like to see him as our captain in the future.

He scores a lot more goals than Cowie and has a better all round game!

The only thing that Cowie had over Gunnar was his fitness and possibly a bit more pace!

a lot of people have this view of gunnar but he is actually fairly aware of the players around him, his touch is just too slow for the prem.

with a run and a bit of work I think that he can develop a mutch type of style too if he learns to dribble better.

one thing that infuriates me about him is that he always positions himself to get the ball for a shot but it's always blocked because he doesn't position himself right to open it up for himself, would have got 2 goals already this season if he learnt how to do this.