Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Is our rivalry with Swansea dying?. "

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 pm

The rivalry is still there, but were in different divisions, and one-club cities, forty miles apart. Difficult to sustain.

Whatever people say, some of us still see Bristol City as the main rival.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:The rivalry is still there, but were in different divisions, and one-club cities, forty miles apart. Difficult to sustain.

Whatever people say, some of us still see Bristol City as the main rival.

I agree, for a lot if fans we used to look at Bristol and think they were always a cut above us on the pitch and we wanted to surpass them which we eventually did in the playoffs in 2003. The jacks, whatever they say felt the same about us as we were above them and 2 leagues apart at some points in time. It's a Welsh thing aswell, it runs in the water down there to hate all things cardiff as we are the capital and get it all even when we don't want it and they do, like the assembly. Then we were level and now they are above us. Football has died though and nothing is intense anymore so no one really cares, the old generation have grown up and moved on, the new are just happy as is and don't get the hostility from the past.
Bristol city hate us these days like we used to hate them as we have risen. They want to be the top city west of London but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Yeo the passion is definately reducing, a bit because we are in differnt Leagues, and a bit because we have more important things to worry about than Swansea.

For me personally, I now work with less off the twats, so don't come into contact with them so often, so that probably helps too....

Also less of them on here, and the ones left aren't as bad as swanseatramp69 and Row The, that probably also helps....

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 pm

No. Far from it. We are in to differnent leagues so it isn't priority. Let us p!at in the same league and give both groups a free reign, and I think you would see, the rivalry is most definitely still simmering. Only got to look at the horse racing to indecent to realise just what would happen o. A bigger scale if !both sets are let lose. Not glorifying it, but that's my opinion

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 am

I don't like Swansea but to me Bristol City are our main rivals. I think Swansea care more about is than we do about them. just look how many of them read this forum. I've never even considered going on a Swansea forum. I'm actually quite surprised they can use computers.

Saying that, people in Bristol still point to the sky when they see aeroplanes. It's the main cause of tractor crashes in the West Country.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:02 am

That's a difficult one, having worked with loads of jacks they make a bigger thing of it than us, they just hate Cardiff they even used to moan that we had the Olympic sized Cardiff Empire Swimming pool so I think it was mainly jealousy. Many of the other comments are also bang on the money. We have a bigger and more faithful fan base end of story. Personally it's not hate it's just not being able to forget all those Welsh Cup games I remember well the evening game in the mid 60s when as a bunch of school kids from the valleys we hired the local bus company to take us to the Vetch on a Wednesday night. After the game whilst waiting to leave our bus was stoned and we had to drive home on a freezing winter evening with no windows. not much to like there is it!!

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:08 am

Bubble games have dampened a lot. As mog said take that away and it'll soon come back to the surface. Nonsense all day and night would be the likely outcome.