Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could adam matthews be on his way home?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:04 pm

A mate who works for the club mentioned to me earlier that a deal could be done come january.
I cant see us making a cash bid though as i dont see us spending alot in January.
Maybe a swap including them keeping berget and getting kimbo??
Dont know what id think if this came off as adam struggles with injuries very often. If we can keep him fit would be a great addition to compete with brayford.
Opinion??

Re: Could adam matthews be on his way home?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:01 am

Hasn't trained on for me.

Isn't a stand out at all at Celtic, he should have a reputation like cafu in that league. No better than what we have already

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:13 am

I certainly rate Brayford more. Although, I always felt Matthews could be developed into a decent right winger. Always looked a bit weak at the back.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Playing in Scotland has probably stunned his growth as a player. when you play against poor oposition week in week out, then I bet its harder to progress as a player than it would be playing against evenly matched or better opposition week in week out like you do in the championship-premier league. Went to Scotland at a young age as well, so didn't have time to reach his potential with us, before playing against Mediocre opposition up there

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Playing in Scotland has probably stunned his growth as a player. when you play against poor oposition week in week out, then I bet its harder to progress as a player than it would be playing against evenly matched or better opposition week in week out like you do in the championship-premier league. Went to Scotland at a young age as well, so didn't have time to reach his potential with us, before playing against Mediocre opposition up there

Ledley seems to be doing fine at Palace

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:26 pm

No Thanks

We have better

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Not for me, overrated.
We have enough fullback who can't defend and fabric and brayford have been excellent.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:35 pm

MagsMerfaBLUE wrote:A mate who works for the club mentioned to me earlier that a deal could be done come january.
I cant see us making a cash bid though as i dont see us spending alot in January.
Maybe a swap including them keeping berget and getting kimbo??
Dont know what id think if this came off as adam struggles with injuries very often. If we can keep him fit would be a great addition to compete with brayford.
Opinion??

Matthews doesn´t seem to be preferred for the first team these days, so what does he have to offer Cardiff? Kimbo doesn´t want to go there, and Berget is left out in the dark at the moment. Not sure I can see this happening.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:44 am

Ledley is doing fine at Palace but I think he could have been a much better player had he stayed with us.