Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How good could Ched Evans of been?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:43 pm

That season he got banged up he scored 29 league goals in 36 games, which is some record even for a top championship striker should there of been 1
playing in a league below!
Obviously now he's missed 2 seasons and at 25 those 2 seasons could of defined him and helped him develop into a now 25 year old with the footballing country at his feet, no doubt in my mind he'd of been a very good championship striker at least imo

Re: How good could Ched Evans of been?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:33 am

He could have been wales best current striker that's for certain Top Champ club or relegation battling Prem club would have been his limit IMO.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:06 am

There is still time for him to resurrect his career. I'm not overly keen on him representing Wales unless his conviction gets overturned. Personally, I'm not entirely convinced he raped her in the malicious sense. I don't want to back that comment though because I don't know all the facts. In my opinion, if a girl says stop, no matter when, you stop. However, I also don't think girls should put themselves into situations like the alleged victim did. That's not excusing what allegedly happened mind.

Anyway, I'm babbling. Evans is still only 25 years old. I have been thinking about it a lot recently and I thought that yes he did allegedly commit a horrible crime but he has served his time, he's been released back into society and if he goes on to never offend again and has a fantastic career then maybe the rehabilitation process of prison has worked.

It's a very uncomfortable topic and if I am honest I don't have any answers to it... I'm not even sure there is a right answer.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Zabier wrote:There is still time for him to resurrect his career. I'm not overly keen on him representing Wales unless his conviction gets overturned. Personally, I'm not entirely convinced he raped her in the malicious sense. I don't want to back that comment though because I don't know all the facts. In my opinion, if a girl says stop, no matter when, you stop. However, I also don't think girls should put themselves into situations like the alleged victim did. That's not excusing what allegedly happened mind.

Anyway, I'm babbling. Evans is still only 25 years old. I have been thinking about it a lot recently and I thought that yes he did allegedly commit a horrible crime but he has served his time, he's been released back into society and if he goes on to never offend again and has a fantastic career then maybe the rehabilitation process of prison has worked.

It's a very uncomfortable topic and if I am honest I don't have any answers to it... I'm not even sure there is a right answer.

Good post :thumbright: