Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bruno manga or Steven caulker?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:47 pm

I have been very impressed with the way Manga has settled into our team. He looks strong, quick and very comfortable on the ball. The way he played against forest after arriving back from west africa on Friday night was awesome. From what I have seen I prefer him to caulker. Caulker seems more of a danger in attacking situations but I would prefer manga. Would you swop manga for caulker if it was a straight swop?

Re: Bruno manga or Steven caulker?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Manga is doing a brilliant job, but there's a massive difference between Premier League football and Championship football. Caulker is way too good for the Championship.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Manga is doing a brilliant job, but there's a massive difference between Premier League football and Championship football. Caulker is way too good for the Championship.

You think manga wouldn't make it in the premier league?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Manga and Caulker together would have made a decent pairing for us :bluescarf:
Last edited by Carpe Diem on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Caulker is crap and tbh for the money manga is better value

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Manga proved himself in the top flight in France as a top defender and was tracked by a host of top flight european sides. Joined us when we were completely unsettled and despite not speaking English has been immense. I think he will only get better and we will be very lucky to keep hold of him next season.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Manga has been brilliant so far, so physical and good in the air, and can also play the ball well at his feet... I know there's a massive difference between Prem and Champ football, but he has been quality and I feel a lot safer at the back with him rather than Caulker :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Manga for me.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Manga has pace and is much better on the ball than caulker. So far i am very impressed by him. Looks more complete than caulker.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Cannot compare the two directly.. Caulker played against premiership teams.. I've no doubt that Caulker would look just as accomplished as Manga in the championship.

Can't believe anyone would label Caulker "crap". :lol:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Can't really compare, Caulker was good for us first half of last season then faded.
Manga looked decent from the start, is quick, can pass and play, but also seems to read the game well.
At present he seems our best Summer signing and outstanding for the Championship, can only see him getting even better as he conquers the language barrier. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:13 pm

seriously, I haven't picked up on a single weak point in manga, we'll see what happens when he gets to the prem but caulker backed off an infuriating amount, most notably for aguero's goal last season.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 pm

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/foru ... en-Caulker

Qpr fans don't rate caulker

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:33 pm

It's got to be Manga, the guy is a beast. We miss Caulker's threat at corners though.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:14 am

Calker has been poor last season and this season. Think Manga was a steel.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:34 am

Manga at the moment. Well done Vincent Tan for finding out about him and buying him.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:35 am

Manga at the moment. Well done Vincent Tan for finding out about him and buying him.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:34 am

Bruno all the way for me

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 am

Caulker made too many mistakes in the BPL but then again would Manga? Personally I don't think so but it is difficult to judge.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:59 am

nojac wrote:Manga at the moment. Well done Vincent Tan for finding out about him and buying him.

What makes you think that it was Vincent Tan who scouted him? I find that very hard to believe.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:11 am

nojac wrote:Manga at the moment. Well done Vincent Tan for finding out about him and buying him.

Eh? :lol: it was Dalman who allegedly pushed for Manga.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 am

Manga. So far superb.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Hard to compare as we havent seen Manga in the premiership.

I will say Caulker wasn't as good as I hoped for after he signed, to many mistakes and certainly not a leader but its not his fault he was made captain. He was solid but I was happy we got our reported 8m back.

Manga is better than I was expecting, seems a bit of an all rounder but its still early to judge.

Im happy we have Manga though :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Got to say Mange, even if they are hard to compare. Big Bruno looks like a quality player.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Manga, Caulker is overrated, he didn't help us enough for the fee and same with QPR, a good centre half stays tight and is always in the right place, Caulker lets his man go far too often IMO......