Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How would you improve the current line up ???

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:34 pm

In your opinion, who will be coming in and who will be moved out within the next two months ?????

And who or what type of players would you try and sign in January ????

Re: How would you improve the current line up ???

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:42 pm

I think we need a stand out striker a championship superstar, we've got good strikers but as we have the money I would be happy to see Jones offloaded maybe even Maynard and someone brought in for a decent fee who can set the league a light bang in goals for fun, someone who wins you alot of points.

I like the match day squad he (slade) used yesterday but wouldn't hurt to see another quality defender and a central midfield dynamo that can make us tick

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Bluebina wrote:In your opinion, who will be coming in and who will be moved out within the next two months ?????

Turner in for Morrison for me, a bit tough on Morrison who is looking better with Manga as partner but I think Turner would improve is in this League......

Obviously Dikgacoi is another one tipped to come in, probably for Gunner, personally ai would stick with Gunner for now, he's playing well again and running his bollox off.

Jones, Deahli, Ravel, Guerra, Cala, Connolly, John, KimBo, Ralls, would you prefer any of them ??!

a strong squad, with plenty of options.............

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Just seen the goals, a couple of belters and two scrappy goals. Still not sure about our strike force, think we may need something different up front as it seems from what I read here that Jones is getting a bit lazy again, and I've never thought Macheda was going to be a prolific scorer. Things looking up though, and I'm looking forward to watching some matches later in season. Basketball mad where I am for next few months, off to watch our local side play Houston shortly, not quite the same although the burgers are cheaper.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:In your opinion, who will be coming in and who will be moved out within the next two months ?????

Turner in for Morrison for me, a bit tough on Morrison who is looking better with Manga as partner but I think Turner would improve is in this League......

Obviously Dikgacoi is another one tipped to come in, probably for Gunner, personally ai would stick with Gunner for now, he's playing well again and running his bollox off.

Jones, Deahli, Ravel, Guerra, Cala, Connolly, John, KimBo, Ralls, would you prefer any of them ??!

a strong squad, with plenty of options.............

Turner yes hopefully he is not rusty and if anything can pick off how he was in the last 2 seasons without a doubt in for Morrison.
I'd Stick with Gunnar, I like Kimbo because he has the experience winning the championship and he is effective when playing well, Ravel I'm keen to look at more when fit also theirs no harm in adapting to a supporting striker role for daelhi and taking off macheda with either guerra or Le fondre getting on the end of his balls, he can also feed out wide effectively so if Daelhi has the movement around him we can cause alot of problems in the final third

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:47 pm

The last two games I have been more than happy with the performances especially the midfield who in the past have never inspired me. If they carry this on for another 4 or 5 games then I think we can make a true judgement. Without sounding negative two games out of thirteen is not a great a stat but if it's all down to a change of shape organisation and better management then we can look forward to the rest of the season. Ravel behind macheda is an option as much as Le fondre as done very well.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Early days and Ive got no complaints so far
but i were to be picky
I would get a classy holding midfielder who can pass and has more pace than Gunnar.
I would want to see Ravel, Guerra and Mats given some game time. I am a bit worried that Slade keeps playing Ralls and Maynard instead of classy players like that.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:47 pm

We need a mobile goal scoring centre forward, a midfield dynamo and a solid left back. Macheda not up to it and should go along with Jones and Maynard. Fabio can be dodgy defensively and we need cover for him as Declan John has unfortunately been found wanting. By a midfield dynamo I mean someone like Billy Bonds, Mullery or even Billy Ronson. Burgstaller and Ekriem can go as well along with Kim and of course Velinkonja. We would be lucky to find any takers, though.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Wingers. Bring in 2 out and out wide men, we only have 2 really. Either that or give Kadeem a chance.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Swap our team with that of Barcelona or Real Madrid ! :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:04 pm

I would bring me into centre midfield at thirty five grand a week. :thumbup:

Too be honest with the addition of Morrison in midfield i reckon we are well set up. Those two lads upfront are.starting to knock them in and Maynard can only help that if he regains fitness.

Cardiff up. Gypos down. Wales to france. Happy days ! :thumbup:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:22 pm

No need to change a winning team.

If like to see Guerra on the bench though and see him get some game time later in the game if Kiko or ALF aren't firing.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:56 pm

griff105 wrote:I would bring me into centre midfield at thirty five grand a week. :thumbup:

Too be honest with the addition of Morrison in midfield i reckon we are well set up. Those two lads upfront are.starting to knock them in and Maynard can only help that if he regains fitness.

Cardiff up. Gypos down. Wales to france. Happy days ! :thumbup:
. Perfect :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:03 pm

pauly_gee wrote:No need to change a winning team.

If like to see Guerra on the bench though and see him get some game time later in the game if Kiko or ALF aren't firing.

Guerra for Kim
Daehli or Morrison on the bench too . give us options if things aren't going to plan. Also Connolly in place of Gabbidon.

I bet Ravel Morrison would love to play on Saturday at Millwall

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Guerra for Kim
Daehli or Morrison on the bench too . give us options if things aren't going to plan. Also Connolly in place of Gabbidon.

Guerra for Maynard and Ravel for Kim. :thumbup:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Keep it as it is.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:10 am

wouldn't mind seeing.

brayford-manga-Morrison-Fabio

Pilkington-gunnar-no one

ravel/daehli-whitts

guerra

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:56 am

BanterLad115 wrote:wouldn't mind seeing.

Pilkington-gunnar-no one

ravel/daehli-whitts

guerra

Interesting, I don't think we will see anything like that under Slade though.......

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:10 am

Guerra getting on the pitch would improve the team. Let Guerra compete for a jersey that Macheda and Le Fondre have

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 am

LonCar wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Guerra for Kim

That's all that is needed :thumbup:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:39 pm

ThomasC wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Guerra for Kim

That's all that is needed :thumbup:

Guerra is an excellent player at this level, not picked by previous Managers, various rumours why, will Slade relent and use him or stick with the previous Managers hhhhhmmmmm interesting situation???

I would like to see him given a chance personally, but don't think he will feature again.........

Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:44 am

Bluebina wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:wouldn't mind seeing.

Pilkington-gunnar-no one

ravel/daehli-whitts

guerra

Interesting, I don't think we will see anything like that under Slade though.......

unlikely, if we wanted a truly fluid system then we could try kim daehli and ravel together but they don't provide enough threat on goal themselves.....perhaps with macheda in front and gunnar behind it could work but slade seems to like the direct approach and so they may be phased out.