Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHEN IS THIS CRAP GOING TO STOP???

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:12 am

When are these stewards going to wind their necks in and realise they are not the police.All last night they were just running up and down the steps scribbling seat numbers down and telling fans they will be blocked from attending future games.On their radio's calling the head steward around to dish out more threats!! they must get so exited about going down the game just for a power trip.They don't threaten everyone though,they just seem to target the younger fans and give the more imposing type a wide berth.They are killing the atmosphere in the ground(what atmosphere that is left)and it's getting worse with them every game.They are loving every minute of it!!!!

Re: WHEN IS THIS CRAP GOING TO STOP???

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:21 am

You'd think with the drop in attendances the last thing the club would want to do is start blocking peoples tickets, shocking

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 am

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:You'd think with the drop in attendances the last thing the club would want to do is start blocking peoples tickets, shocking

3 regulars who sit to the left of me were all absent last night,i was told they were blocked after a massive row erupted between them and the stewards at the forest game.They took their argument down to the concourse at half time,very heated apparently.Thing is when they come up pestering people you cant see the game as everyone starts standing to confront them-power crazed they are.My mate plays golf with one of them and he doesn't shut up about how he sorts everyone out on matchdays and won't take any shit off anyone(he might be in for a shock one day)!!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:42 am

When my dad couldn't make a game, he gave his season ticket to a mate of mine. So we went to a game, think it is Sheff Wednesday. So my friend went to put the card in the scanner and I forgot to tell him how to do it is so it looked quite odd straight away. Then he handed me the card as soon as we go through the gate, as if it wasnt his card.

A steward sees it and then tells us to get over to the side. Questioned us for like 10 minutes, including getting another steward to look at the cards. My friend didnt have a clue what to say and it was obvious it wasnt his card. I thought at one point he wasnt going to let us stay in the ground, then I remembered there are no photos on the cards haha. So he could proof absolutely nothing, all my friend had to do was say his name was ...........

Total power hungry douche. Missed kick off.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 am

They are the ones whose job it is to keep people moving, keep people off of the stairs, keep people out of the yellow hashed areas, but time and time again (take note Mr Steward at entrance 125) you are the one blocking the exit stopping the flow of spectators trying to get to or from their seats. Why oh why do you want to look at my ticket to see what seat I should be in when I've been using the same staircase for the last 5 years?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 pm

sir ninian wrote:When are these stewards going to wind their necks in and realise they are not the police.All last night they were just running up and down the steps scribbling seat numbers down and telling fans they will be blocked from attending future games.On their radio's calling the head steward around to dish out more threats!! they must get so exited about going down the game just for a power trip.They don't threaten everyone though,they just seem to target the younger fans and give the more imposing type a wide berth.They are killing the atmosphere in the ground(what atmosphere that is left)and it's getting worse with them every game.They are loving every minute of it!!!!

Last night was worse than ever, as soon as we got the Ninian Stand singing, within minutes everyone was told to sit down, they must have done this on at least 5 occasions, so in the end it becomes pointless.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:38 pm

i was in the ninian for first 4years and up until last season we could stand up without hassle,then the mini hitlers started and making you sit down,ive moved over to canton this year where thers no hassle standing,better atmosphere,cheaper and i prefer to watch from behind the goals tbh and easier to get out after the game as sometimes rush back to work so winner all round!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:45 pm

This is the reason I moved to the canton, no hassle off the stewards!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sir ninian wrote:When are these stewards going to wind their necks in and realise they are not the police.All last night they were just running up and down the steps scribbling seat numbers down and telling fans they will be blocked from attending future games.On their radio's calling the head steward around to dish out more threats!! they must get so exited about going down the game just for a power trip.They don't threaten everyone though,they just seem to target the younger fans and give the more imposing type a wide berth.They are killing the atmosphere in the ground(what atmosphere that is left)and it's getting worse with them every game.They are loving every minute of it!!!!

Last night was worse than ever, as soon as we got the Ninian Stand singing, within minutes everyone was told to sit down, they must have done this on at least 5 occasions, so in the end it becomes pointless.

your right-last night was the worse ever.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:53 pm

sir ninian wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

your right-last night was the worse ever.

And yet they want atmosphere and Ive even had ph calls from the club in the past to say can i promote the atmosphere on here and try and get it going.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:08 pm

the club should be promoting a boisterous atmosphere, they don't know how lucky they are to have fans like us. Some clubs actively promote singing at matches, and improving the atmosphere but don't really have the fan base to do it.

Regardless of the results on the pitch, win or lose we are still in a big mess. VT needs to go

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Without a doubt the Stewards are one of the reasons that the atmosphere is so bad once a few stand up and start singing they are up and down the steps telling everyone to sit down. Really pissed me off last night and I told them a few times that they are killing the atmosphere however you must remember they are acting on instructions from the Club :evil:

Has i have said many times before blocks 117 and 116 should also be singing/standing areas the away fans ALWAYS stand so the Club is operating double standards one day it is going to kick off big time and the Club needs to sort it out before that day arrives :old:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:13 pm

This is the reason why I moved to the Canton ever since we got promoted.

The stewards in the Ninian Stand are absolute wankers. Like someone else said, for the first few years I could stand up in 117 without any hassle and the two blocks next to the away end turned out to be a good singing section, then all of a sudden stewards were threatening people with bans if we didn't sit down. They are the reason why the atmosphere has turned shit these past few years.

I'm pretty sure Wayne Nash is the person to blame for this.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:18 pm

sir ninian wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:You'd think with the drop in attendances the last thing the club would want to do is start blocking peoples tickets, shocking

3 regulars who sit to the left of me were all absent last night,i was told they were blocked after a massive row erupted between them and the stewards at the forest game.They took their argument down to the concourse at half time,very heated apparently.Thing is when they come up pestering people you cant see the game as everyone starts standing to confront them-power crazed they are.My mate plays golf with one of them and he doesn't shut up about how he sorts everyone out on matchdays and won't take any shit off anyone(he might be in for a shock one day)!!

Fuckin Hitlers mate

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Plenty of ideas - safe to public also - non violence but you have no chance with a shit run club that lives in the dark ages - you don't need violence to be vocal - ask the players and manager what they want a shit empty quiet ground or a stadium full to the rafters jumping with atmosphere backing the squad and lifting them to victory - which helps makes the referee also sometimes making mistakes by listening to the crowd - - witnessed passion last weekend it was over the top and would never be in this country but wow they have passion - :bluescarf: :bluescarf: wake up last five years have been shit in the stadium ask yourselves why other teams make it work and exciting even in our own stadium

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:22 pm

well how about this to prove how stupid they are
my seat is 834 jj
its the very back row so I have a wall behind me
every time I stand up a steward comes and tells me to sit down
ffs theres no one behind me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :sad7:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:26 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:well how about this to prove how stupid they are
my seat is 834 jj
its the very back row so I have a wall behind me
every time I stand up a steward comes and tells me to sit down
ffs theres no one behind me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :sad7:

Sit down and behave yourself lol x

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jnOMgDwZXUw :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:31 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGyq4wBSQdU

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi_ZyhN2zas

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dwqPF5v3MC8

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:33 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJlqUJV5bW4

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:35 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cU-kzYRASd0

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Funny enough on Saturday if anyone sits in 105.. there was a bald and quite stocky steward who I never seen before who got into a spot bother and rightly so.

Hardly anyone in their seats at this point and a guy next to me went up and knows the woman next to me and went back down and when he came back he was arguing with a steward about him being asked to show his season ticket.. baring in mind this was an hour possibly before kick off and how can you not remember someone who been up already.. embarrassing and he even checked my season ticket twice before letting me go up.. he pulled me back down.. he had a clear look.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Take their picture or a video of them - name and shame them - soon put a stop to all this bully tactics - about time people stuck up for their rights ! This is not something you expect before during or after any sports event - had it been the reverse you would be arrested yet club allowing these tactics to be used family club of the year !!!!!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Most of our stewards are fairies fair do,s :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Agree with Mallo on this. But it aint so much as the gestapo wanabees but the orders from the top. Had a laugh at the female steward by us who instead of barking sit down she started "sit down if you hate Swansea" I chuckled at that :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Agree with Mallo on this. But it aint so much as the gestapo wanabees but the orders from the top. Had a laugh at the female steward by us who instead of barking sit down she started "sit down if you hate Swansea" I chuckled at that :lol: :lol:

Nukes, Uve seen it they are going out of their way to ruin the atmosphere and the orders are coming from the top, I really don't understand our club???

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:27 am

Not doubting the comments on this thread, but just to say I sit in 112 in the Ninian, we usually walk in at 111 and the fella on our staircase recognises us, says hello, might have a bit of banter.

I stand far more than anyone round me - I can be very vocal and at times I am sad to say, aggressively rude :oops: but I've never been asked to sit down by a steward or anyone round me.

In the current climate I think the club do well to allow a lot of standing in the Canton - it might not be what some wish where they are in the Ninian near the away end, but that is what it is.

:bluescarf: