Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dikgacoi and Turner in development team today

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:50 am

' Cardiff City's forgotten man Kagisho Dikgacoi returns to action with the Bluebirds. '

Wednesday 22nd Oct 2014.

Dikgacoi is joined by Ben Turner in Cardiff's development team for a game away at Crewe on Wednesday afternoon.

Kagisho Dikgacoi, Cardiff City’s forgotten man in midfield, returns to Bluebirds action on Wednesday afternoon.

South African Dikgacoi is in Cardiff's development team for a match against Crewe away - and could be playing Championship football within the next couple of weeks.

“Kagisho is 10 days or so away from being ready,” said City manager Russell Slade.

The big midfield enforcer played Premier League football for Crystal Palace last season and was offered a new contract, but opted to sign for Cardiff this season.

But he missed the club’s pre-season trip to Austria because of visa problems and has struggled to find fitness ever since.

Dikgacoi played 90 minutes in a 4-1 pre-season win at Yeovil, but did not figure at all in a home friendly against Vfl Wolfsburg a few days later.

He made a 15 minute cameo appearance at Wolves in the Championship, completed 90 minutes of Capital One Cup action at Port Vale and started against his former club Fulham, playing for just under an hour.

That was in August, more than six weeks ago, and he hasn’t played since. Dikgacoi was hit by a series of niggling injuries which hit his work in training, but coaches have been impressed with his attitude towards regaining fitness.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... ho-7977618

Re: Dikgacoi and Turner in development team today

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Looking forward to see what he can offer. Btw didn't he play against Fulham?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Dikgacoi nears Championship return

Bafana midfielder Dikgacoi nearing Championship return

Wed 22 October 2014

Kagisho Dikgacoi will return to action for Cardiff City’s development side this afternoon but he is still 10 days away from being ready for the first team.

The Bafana Bafana midfielder has not featured for the English Championship side since limping out of a 1-1 draw against former side Fulham at the end of August.

But he will step up his recovery with a game for the development team against Crewe and should be ready for the first team

by the start of November.

“Kagisho is 10 days or so away from being ready,” Cardiff manager Russell Slade told WalesOnline. “He’s fighting for fitness. Kagisho has come through injuries, but needs games. There is no doubt he is progressing.

“He is training regularly with the first team which wasn’t happening when I first came because he was in rehab after an injury. He is through that stage and is building towards a first team return.

“We feel he could be 10 days or so away and I have no doubt he will be a valuable member of our squad.”

Dikgacoi made 26 starts for Premiership side Crystal Palace last season, helping them keep their topflight status, but turned down a new contract to sign with relegated Cardiff instead.

His move so far has been disastrous, with just 74 minutes of League action this season.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:16 pm

I hate to say it but I really dont think you'll be that impressed with KG even if he ever decides to stop eating pies.

Cant pass, isnt an aggressive tackler, he just sits like a slug in front of the back 4 blocking space.

A few years ago he was a box to box player but he's too fat too bother going forward now.

a bit of a disgrace really, I not buying all this injury rubbish.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:21 pm

[quote="football451"]I hate to say it but I really dont think you'll be that impressed with KG even if he ever decides to stop eating pies.

Cant pass, isnt an aggressive tackler, he just sits like a slug in front of the back 4 blocking space.

A few years ago he was a box to box player but he's too fat too bother going forward now.

a bit of a disgrace really, I not buying all this injury rubbish.[/quote

He was Good enough for palace to offer him a new deal.

Slade could have come in an said he was fat or shit etc as he was an ole signing? However he has said he almost fit which leads me to believe he's in Slade's plans and a tidy player.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Crewe 3-1 Cardiff :cry:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:46 pm

football451 wrote:I hate to say it but I really dont think you'll be that impressed with KG even if he ever decides to stop eating pies.

Bitter Stripy Nigel alert!! :roll:

Ultras :laughing6: :lol: :laughing6: :lol: :laughing6: Posh ankers!!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:49 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:Crewe 3-1 Cardiff :cry:

Well it's only a friendly or practice match,but that's a shit result, does anyone know how Dikgacoi and Turner played ????

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
football451 wrote:I hate to say it but I really dont think you'll be that impressed with KG even if he ever decides to stop eating pies.

Bitter Stripy Nigel alert!! :roll:

Ultras :laughing6: :lol: :laughing6: :lol: :laughing6: Posh ankers!!

Im not bitter, I was glad to see him go, sort of player that makes your heart sink when you see his name on the team sheet, Ill come back here in a few months and I guarantee you'll be saying how shit he is.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:49 pm

22nd October 2014

Collins' side return to winning ways against Bluebirds

After suffering defeat in Swansea last week, Crewe Alexandra U21's returned to winning ways with a comfortable 3-1 home victory over another Welsh side, Cardiff City.

Callum Saunders, Jamie Ness and Liam O'Neill got the goals before Cardiff hit a late consolation from the penalty spot to seal the side's fourth win of the season from eight games.

The Alex raced out of the blocks and took the lead after just three minutes through Saunders, who scored the side's only goal in the 2-1 defeat in Swansea.

That lead was doubled on 62 minutes by Stoke City loanee Jamie Ness, before scholar O'Neill came off the bench to hit a third ten minutes from time.

The Bluebirds prevented Collins' side from getting a clean sheet by scoring on 82 minutes from the spot after Shearer fouled, but the Alex went on to record the victory.

Crewe Alex U21: Scott Shearer, James Baillie, Perry Ng, Harry Davis, Jon Guthrie, James Jones, John Johnston, Jamie Ness, Billy Waters, Callum Prichard-Ellis, Callum Saunders
Used Subs: Liam O'Neill, Joe Howell

Read more at http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/2 ... 7mCTmzU.99

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:11 am

Bluebina wrote:

Well it's only a friendly or practice match,but that's a shit result, does anyone know how Dikgacoi and Turner played ????

Was a U21 competitive fixture and the first Cardiff loss all season. Doesn't speak highly of Turner's defending conceding 3 against Crewe U21s when the team were previously undefeated

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:15 pm

CardiffOz wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Was a U21 competitive fixture and the first Cardiff loss all season. Doesn't speak highly of Turner's defending conceding 3 against Crewe U21s when the team were previously undefeated

Did you watch the game and if not, why make such a presumptuous conclusion?

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:49 am

Overthemoon wrote:
CardiffOz wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Did you watch the game and if not, why make such a presumptuous conclusion?

Because Turner is a complete Muppet