Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Johnny Williams

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Anybody agree that based on last night's performance for Ipswich as a loan player and previous games for Wales - that he would be worth a bid in January?

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Re: Johnny Williams

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:02 am

We should hes a really good player

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:05 am

Tore us apart last night, One hell of a player!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 am

He had an outstanding game last night - found it quite bizarre that they would sub him after the way he was playing.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:He had an outstanding game last night - found it quite bizarre that they would sub him after the way he was playing.

Agreed. He's much more effective than Dahli

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 pm

JayCee wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:He had an outstanding game last night - found it quite bizarre that they would sub him after the way he was playing.

Agreed. He's much more effective than Dahli

True that but he is also older, more experienced in this division and has the benefit of playing in his rightful position. Cracking player Williams when he is on song.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:17 pm

I was surprised that we did not go for him last year. A quality player.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Palace fan here,

I dont know how to say this in a friendly way so I wont try

There is absolutely no way that our chairman would sell you a bag a crisps let alone our best youngster.

Our board really hate cardiff.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:48 pm

football451 wrote:Palace fan here,

There is absolutely no way that our chairman would sell you a bag a crisps let alone our best youngster.

Why? Because Tan exposed Malky when he was about to become your manager and then your chairman didn't want him anymore? :lol:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:26 pm

I'm sure they do but why exactly?

We sold you Fraizer Campbell during the summer.

Why is Williams on loan at Ipswich? Is it because your manager feels he's not ready for the Premier League or is it because he doesn't fit into his plans?

He certainly seems good enough to be at least a squad player at the higher level.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Of course. :lol:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:37 pm

I dont really want to open up old wounds about Cardiff and Palace to be honest but all I do know is the chairman isnt a fan to put it mildly.

The problem with Williams is because of his size he is always going to be an attacking midfielder but he never scores a goal, his record is awful, untill he starts scoring I cant see him getting in the side bar a 20 minute sub appearence.

We have a very simular play in Barry Bannan and everytime the two of those have played together Bannan has been head and shoulders above him.

At the moment we play Jedinek, Ledley and MacArthur in midfield with Chamakh available if we want to a link up man, with Bannan and Guedioura also above him, so he's 7th choice in center midfield.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:03 pm

if palace didn't like us they wouldn't have given us money for Campbell..... I smell bullshit

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 pm

A lot like Matts looks good but little end product..He played so well for a top 6 team they lost 3-1.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Chuckles on the when he got brought off I was thinking 'Out of all the midfielders you could have took off, Williams?' He was the only one looking to create something and was at the heart of everything in the first half.

Only thing which lets him down is his strength.. Whittingham turned him too easily for the goal. No complaints though. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:36 am

he looked bright I thought, gave Ipswich an edge when he had possession - nice touch he got a decent round of applause when he went off too, as should all Welsh players who come here.

:bluescarf:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:39 am

football451 wrote:I dont really want to open up old wounds about Cardiff and Palace to be honest but all I do know is the chairman isnt a fan to put it mildly.

The problem with Williams is because of his size he is always going to be an attacking midfielder but he never scores a goal, his record is awful, untill he starts scoring I cant see him getting in the side bar a 20 minute sub appearence.

We have a very simular play in Barry Bannan and everytime the two of those have played together Bannan has been head and shoulders above him.

At the moment we play Jedinek, Ledley and MacArthur in midfield with Chamakh available if we want to a link up man, with Bannan and Guedioura also above him, so he's 7th choice in center midfield.

That last sentence. My God. How on earth did we go down.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:10 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Chuckles on the when he got brought off I was thinking 'Out of all the midfielders you could have took off, Williams?' He was the only one looking to create something and was at the heart of everything in the first half.

Only thing which lets him down is his strength.. Whittingham turned him too easily for the goal. No complaints though. :ayatollah:

:thumbright:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:46 pm

davids wrote:

I'm sure they do but why exactly?

We sold you Fraizer Campbell during the summer.

Why is Williams on loan at Ipswich? Is it because your manager feels he's not ready for the Premier League or is it because he doesn't fit into his plans?

He certainly seems good enough to be at least a squad player at the higher level.

Good point, they hate us because we sold then Campbell, same as Rednapp he hates us for selling him Caulker.......