' RUSSELL SLADE LAST NIGHT '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:02 pm

' Cardiff City boss Russell Slade 'not surprised' by dream start in Bluebirds hotseat '

Oct 22nd, 2014

Slade says he never expects to lose a game after watching his new players respond to his methods with two wins

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade saw his dream start continue in the Welsh capital then declared, 'I'm not surprised.'

The Bluebirds made it two wins out of two under their new boss as they saw off Ipswich to add to their victory over Nottingham Forest three days earlier.

The victory moved Cardiff to 10th in the table just three points off the play-off places and has seen a resurgence from the capital club that might well come as a surprise to many.

That is all but Slade who said despite the ups and downs of the game he was always expecting victory.

"I'm not surprised at our start, no, "said the Bluebirds boss.

"I never expect to lose a game, but that's just my mentality. I never go out to try and nick a result I am going out there to win.

BBC

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade told BBC Wales Sport: "I'm delighted for a different reason tonight. I didn't think we started the game quite as well as we had done on Saturday [against Forest] and I was disappointed with the goal we gave away.
"But what I was pleased about was the response was good - it was a great by 'Whitts' [Whittingham] to get us on level terms at half-time and then second half we galvanised ourselves.
"I think the players are starting to see they can find a little bit more within themselves, certainly in terms of the game plan they're sticking to that better and better. And sometimes they need reminders of course."

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy: "It was very disappointing. We played well in the first half but I don't know what happened in the second half.
"They could have been playing the circus music out there the way we defended for their goals in the second half.
"For the second goal we did not make the first clearance, the second clearance or the third clearance and it ends up being a shot across the box, the lad sticks his leg out and it goes in.
"It was similar for the third, it was not very good at all. It was comic cuts."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' RUSSELL SLADE LAST NIGHT '

Postby CASEY-12XU » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:22 pm

They could have been playing the circus music out there the way we defended for their goals in the second half.

Laughed out loud at that.. Brilliant
Staring at my goldfish bowl
Popping phenobarbital
Life is so beautiful.
I am a vegetable.
CASEY-12XU

Re: ' RUSSELL SLADE LAST NIGHT '

Postby john52 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:24 pm

NOW seeing the football I WAS EXPECTING from OLE
john52

Return to General Chat