Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Couldn't be there tonight

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 pm

Hello Folks, couldn't be at the match this evening as I was at Slapton Sands for my university course. Could anyone tell me how City performed and who stood out in the side? If we beat Millwall and Leeds like we know we're capable of then we'll be right in the mix. C'mon City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Couldn't be there tonight

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:54 pm

RadnorBluebird wrote:Hello Folks, couldn't be at the match this evening as I was at Slapton Sands for my university course. Could anyone tell me how City performed and who stood out in the side? If we beat Millwall and Leeds like we know we're capable of then we'll be right in the mix. C'mon City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Performed well.. we was sloppy.. playing some nice slick stuff only to be let down by over doing it or passing it around too much. I think their goal came from a Fabio error and misjudgement of the ball.. great strike.. Williams for them was looking difficult to handle at some points but we did create 1-3 chances. We was back in the game with a screamer from Whitts then second half we had some real intent to win the game and wanting to score a few which showed in the subs coming on late. I thought we played some nice stuff and looked stronger wanting to win 2nd balls which is unusual.

Stand out for me was Brayford, a real engine and isn't afraid to go forward.. will chase down and put the opposition full backs under. Noone also looked a threat for 75% of the game.. unlucky not to score.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Great to hear. Good to see a unchanged side being picked except Fabio who had to come in as I belive we could go on a long run of form coming up to Christmas. Glad to hear Noone is looking dangerous again too as I don't think he's looked Sharp in recent appearances for obvious reasons.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:16 pm

RadnorBluebird wrote:Great to hear. Good to see a unchanged side being picked except Fabio who had to come in as I belive we could go on a long run of form coming up to Christmas. Glad to hear Noone is looking dangerous again too as I don't think he's looked Sharp in recent appearances for obvious reasons.

Getting more into himself again, injury did set him back. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:59 am

RadnorBluebird wrote:Hello Folks, couldn't be at the match this evening as I was at Slapton Sands for my university course. Could anyone tell me how City performed and who stood out in the side? If we beat Millwall and Leeds like we know we're capable of then we'll be right in the mix. C'mon City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

More than happy with last night :thumbright: :thumbright: