Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Federico Macheda

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Watched him closely the last few games, he's a strange one?
Saturday v Forest took his goal beautifully, but generally came across as being quite lethargic. He doesn't appear to want to head the ball, preferring to not jump and try to chest or if he does jump he seems to duck under the ball.
Tonight, particularly first half thought he showed a general lack of desire again and didn't offer too much?
Second half, he gets his goal, some might say a bit fortunate others would say, genius.
All of a sudden he's like a man possessed, he's orchestrating the crowd, constantly looking to receive the ball, chasing & closing down in defence and sprinting along their back line forcing hopeful passes.
Seems to be very much a confidence player, give me the Banshee Macheda anyday! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: Federico Macheda

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 pm

A poor mans berbatov

Re: Federico Macheda

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Honestly don't know what to make of him.

I thought he took his goal v Forest brilliant, I loved before he took the ball on he instructed Le Fondre to take the one defender out so he would be one on one with the other and he went past him with ease.

Tonight he was in the right place, noticed Pilkington was gonna hit across the face.

I still believe he isn't no where near match fit and he needs time to get to that but like KJ, scoring the goals now and not all fit..

If he scoring goals it will urge him on.

Same with Whittingham, he scored v Forest and a few minutes later he was pinging a beautiful 40 yard pass to Le Fondre.. incredible what a goal can do for some players.