" FINALLY WE LOOK LIKE A TEAM "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby carlccfc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:45 pm

I enjoyed tonight's performance, there was more desire and effort than any other City performance I have seen this season. The set up of the team looked compact, two solid banks of four that can and do offer width as and when we need too through Fabio, Brayford, Noone and Pilkington.

On this showing it looks like Slade has got Whittingham playing effectively and Gunnarsson working hard to allow Whitts the space to put his stamp on the game.

Le Fondre was playing with a smile on his face and Macheda was obviously enjoying his time on the pitch, he was the working the crowd to get everyone singing.

Russell Slade made one change to his team that beat Forest by bringing in Fabio and I guess he has already streamlined his squad and will work from a nucleus of a squad a lot smaller than the one Ole was working with.

Back to back wins are so important for confidence and more importantly for the league table, on what I saw tonight and the highlights of the Forest game, I can't see why we won't go to Millwall and bag all 3 points.

Bring on Saturday and I believe we will return with maximum points.

We got the players and it is looking like Russell Slade has got the players believing. :bluescarf:
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " FINALLY WE LOOK LIKE A TEAM "

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:06 am

Spot on.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Dicey » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:52 am

It was nice to see the same team play 2 games together!
It was always a lottery with team selection under Ole.
Chances will come to the fringe players and they need to be ready when that happens. For now continue with a winning formula.
Dicey

Postby Mr Bean » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 am

Dicey wrote:It was nice to see the same team play 2 games together!
Chances will come to the fringe players and they need to be ready when that happens. For now continue with a winning formula.

:thumbup:
Mr Bean

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:50 am

Dicey wrote:It was nice to see the same team play 2 games together!

But it wasn't the same team was it? He's as bad as OGS swopping players around! ;) :bluescarf:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 am

If players are played in their rightful positions then add motivation , confidence will breed

Would like to see Guerra on the scene although I guess he needs to improve attitude etc - who knows ?
NIBluebird

Postby Man of Harlech » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:10 pm

I generally agree with you Carl, although I was not as impressed with Macheda as you.

My major concern was that we were very rigid and Williams in particular was able to find acres of space between or lines. I fear that if we stick to such a rigid plan then other teams will do the same. Hopefully Slade has more up his sleeve.
Man of Harlech

Return to General Chat